Jackson Irvine

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jackson Irvine

by Nameless » 11 Aug 2020 21:12

I think The numbers are in the public domain, the unknown is whether there are allowances made for the months of zero income.
If our wages were 200+% of income in the last accounts and our income has fallen through the floor I don’t think we’ve reduced wages enough to get below 100% of income....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Aug 2020 13:43

linkenholtroyal
Nameless
linkenholtroyal Yes but also No if the owners don't want to sell they wont that has been proven before. I just get this feeling unless a stupid offer of 10 million + or a staged deal to get that much is put on the table for. Swift, Meite, Moore, Olise, Joao or Puscas they will still be here next year our owners are stubborn. What is more likely is Bowen will be told any of the rest are fair game at a reasonable offer to raise funds. if not you have 1.5 million from Barrow and 50k p/w in wages from the 150k P/W lost to plug your gaps. If you cant plug them use youth.

There is going to be no big money ins this year and no big money outs. so we will be looking at cheap options from the lower leagues, free transfers of youth players from the Prem/ Championship and maybe 1 or 2 seasoned pros from the Champ on a free hence my players I would pick above.

Its not like this has not served us well in the past the 106 side only had 1 player that cost the club 1 million our club record at the time Lita, the rest were under a million, free transfers and lower league prospects. I am not too worried as long as they get the scouting right.

What I would be worried about is getting Mcintyre, Richards and Holsgrove tied down to longer term contracts as they will be on a low amount and it would be terrible to lose them next season the same as Osho.

Still ignoring the important bits then !
We need to not breach FFP. Although at the moment no one seems to know what that will involve I suspect we have to assume the rules stay unchanged.
Selling Barrow does not get us under the FFP limits. You can’t just talk about which players we might sign and who we may sell if you don’t recognise that we need to generate income do meet FFP. It’s not a question of the owners digging their heels in and not wanting to sell, if they do that we will have points deduction.....

I concede, it does depend on where our exact position is with FFP, I am probably hoping that we are at a point where we are ok if we don't spend big due to the massive wage drop.
You think we are past that and need to sell a player to bring us back within it.
I am starting at 0 and you are at-1 and neither of us will know exactly either way if we have to sell one of the 'stars'. realistically though any players to fill the gaps will be free transfers, loans or lower league punts. there is going to be no marquee signings this year.

I don’t think many clubs do know or understand exactly where they are within FFP given the current situation. Personally I think FFP should now be scrapped for season 20/21 for all FL clubs (as it has been for season 19/20) and then reviewed with the idea that FFP is entirely replaced with the much mooted squad salary cap at the start of season 21/22 (though some flexibility in that cap would be initially allowed on a case by case basis).

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Aug 2020 18:07

Snowflake Royal Seems decent. Doesn't score or assist a huge amount, but we're still light in midfield and could get lighter.

Would like another more defensive or B2B player in still. Although a creator is required if Swift goes and Ejaria doesn't come.

will fit right in