Rumour - Liam Moore to Celtic

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Liam Moore to Celtic

by royalp-we » 22 Aug 2020 09:00

Liam Moore a potential target for Celtic (again) according to The Daily Record. Reading willing to listen to offers around £4.5m.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... l-22560152

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Liam Moore to Celtic

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Aug 2020 09:40

Go for it!

If the owners let him go :|

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Aug 2020 09:49

Bite their hand off

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2020 09:49

If we get anything more than £2 million and Moore’s wages off the books it’s good news.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Aug 2020 10:04

Zip If we get anything more than £2 million and Moore’s wages off the books it’s good news.

I think we need more than that whoever we sell 4.5 million would be spot on and a large wage gone which should free up some funds to get Ovie over the line and a replacement in. 2 million would do Ovie no replacement and we would still have to sell another to get anyone else in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2020 10:07

linkenholtroyal
Zip If we get anything more than £2 million and Moore’s wages off the books it’s good news.

I think we need more than that whoever we sell 4.5 million would be spot on and a large wage gone which should free up some funds to get Ovie over the line and a replacement in. 2 million would do Ovie no replacement and we would still have to sell another to get anyone else in.

We need to sell Swift as well imo. For me it’s akl about getting Moore’s wages off the books. With Swift we need to be pushing very hard for a big transfer fee.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 22 Aug 2020 11:20

linkenholtroyal

Huge assumption there though buddy, nobody knows how far off the Ovie deal we are. After all the players that have left, it could be as little as £500k for all we know :?:

Regardless I think we can all assume Moore, Aluko, Baldock are all in the shop window as higher earners / wouldn’t be missed.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2020 11:55

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Aug 2020 12:38

Some quite disgraceful attitudes towards Moore. The guy has shown a lot of commitment, tons of courage and plenty of ability in his time here. He’s worked hard representing the club off the pitch. The fact that he’s probably over paid seems to sway people’s judgement although I suspect none of us would go and see our boss and suggest he drops our wages because we’ve not had a good day !
I think we would miss him, but he’s not irreplaceable and we could save money fairly easily by recruiting well.
If he was given the chance to go to Celtic I can’t see him turning it down and I agree that it might be a decent move alround
The negativity to a guy who has literally put his body on the line a number of times is out of order though...

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Aug 2020 12:44

Nameless Some quite disgraceful attitudes towards Moore. The guy has shown a lot of commitment, tons of courage and plenty of ability in his time here. He’s worked hard representing the club off the pitch. The fact that he’s probably over paid seems to sway people’s judgement although I suspect none of us would go and see our boss and suggest he drops our wages because we’ve not had a good day !
I think we would miss him, but he’s not irreplaceable and we could save money fairly easily by recruiting well.
If he was given the chance to go to Celtic I can’t see him turning it down and I agree that it might be a decent move alround
The negativity to a guy who has literally put his body on the line a number of times is out of order though...

I do agree there seems to be some sort of stigma due to the wage he is on. It’s not his fault he was offered a massive wage to stay it was the previous regime.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Aug 2020 13:25

He's been captain throughout an awful period at the club where the team has frequently lacked any back bone. Not too surprising.

He's a decent player but anything over £2mil we should certainly accept. He probs isn't quite Prem quality and we have capable replacements.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 22 Aug 2020 15:31

He's a very good player but I think we all agree it would be best for everyone if he moved on this summer. He's costing us an arm and a leg and we have capable replacements already at the club. The money is needed elsewhere. He'll do well at Celtic and we'll do fine without him. Win win.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2020 15:34

It's nothing personal against Moore but he's symbolic of the problems we have at the club. Big money, long term contract and doesn't perform consistently well enough.

No individual is bigger than the club and if it's in the clubs best interests to move the player then so be it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2020 17:56

linkenholtroyal
Nameless Some quite disgraceful attitudes towards Moore. The guy has shown a lot of commitment, tons of courage and plenty of ability in his time here. He’s worked hard representing the club off the pitch. The fact that he’s probably over paid seems to sway people’s judgement although I suspect none of us would go and see our boss and suggest he drops our wages because we’ve not had a good day !

I do agree there seems to be some sort of stigma due to the wage he is on. It’s not his fault he was offered a massive wage to stay it was the previous regime.

Absolutely. The guy is an excellent player and has been a good servant for Reading. He’s one of the the star names at the club but for the sake of his career he needs to get and play in a leading division somewhere, even if it is Scotland. Hope the move happens for him and he gets an opportunity to go on to even better things from Celtic. If it does come about I’ll be sorry to see him leave from a purely playing perspective.

Have to wait for Celtic to move Boli Bolingoli on though first.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Aug 2020 18:48

Probably paper talk - this one has done the rounds for at least the last 3 transfer windows

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Aug 2020 18:57

Moore needs to get his shoulder issue resolved. A liability until he does.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2020 19:17

Moore is the symbol of the club, talented underperformer who hasn't lived up to expectation and been captain of a squad that has frequently gone missing.

Plus he's on a ludicrous wage.

If there's one person we should move on at basically any cost it's Aluko, if there's a second priority it's so obviously Moore.

He's already half lost his place to an Academy graduate. We don't need masses of money to sign a replacement on half his wage, and they wouldn't even need to be first choice.

He's got to go. But he probably won't because the owners are clueless.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Aug 2020 19:51

Snowflake Royal Moore is the symbol of the club, talented underperformer who hasn't lived up to expectation and been captain of a squad that has frequently gone missing.

Plus he's on a ludicrous wage.

If there's one person we should move on at basically any cost it's Aluko, if there's a second priority it's so obviously Moore.

He's already half lost his place to an Academy graduate. We don't need masses of money to sign a replacement on half his wage, and they wouldn't even need to be first choice.

He's got to go. But he probably won't because the owners are clueless.

That last comment is ridiculous; he probably won't go as he won't get the same money anywhere else, particularly at the moment

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Aug 2020 20:45

Nope. You are wrong to interpret the comments that way.
Moore has easily been one of our best signings in the past decade and at his best has been terrific for us. However we are in a financial mess. That’s not in any way Moore’s fault but it does mean his wages become a huge problem. We need to bring in some money by selling a couple of players whilst trying to remain competitive. We need to bring our wage bill right down.

At centre back Morrison and McIntyre were primarily first choice at the end of the season. Generally there are plenty of decent centre backs around. So it should not be a big problem if we sell Moore.

Ultimately I would prefer we kept both Swift and Moore but we have to sell them to try and avoid FFP penalties. I’d suggest it’s crucial they go to improve the financial car crash we are in. That’s the reality I’m afraid.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Aug 2020 20:54

Zip

Nope. You are wrong to interpret the comments that way.
Moore has easily been one of our best signings in the past decade and at his best has been terrific for us. However we are in a financial mess. That’s not in any way Moore’s fault but it does mean his wages become a huge problem. We need to bring in some money by selling a couple of players whilst trying to remain competitive. We need to bring our wage bill right down.

At centre back Morrison and McIntyre were primarily first choice at the end of the season. Generally there are plenty of decent centre backs around. So it should not be a big problem if we sell Moore.

Ultimately I would prefer we kept both Swift and Moore but we have to sell them to try and avoid FFP penalties. I’d suggest it’s crucial they go to improve the financial car crash we are in. That’s the reality I’m afraid.

While your comments are reasonable and make sense I’m not sure they excuse some of the deeply unpleasant stuff that has been aimed at Moore over the last few months.