Rumour: Howe out

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour: Howe out

by South Coast Royal » 25 Aug 2020 10:49

South Coast Royal
Zip
South Coast Royal Is it just Howe out or will there be a new manager (possibly foreign, not Welsh)?
Not sure it is what we need but ...............................................................

Chris Gunter player manager may be?

:wink: :wink:

IF,IF,IF we are getting a new manager I think quarantine might have to take place.
Just saying.

As posted last night, quarantine might (will) be an issue.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 Aug 2020 10:50

WoodleyRoyal Jlow confirming there is a ‘strong possibility that a new manager will be coming in’

See my post last night and responding to the "fat bloke down the pub" I'm not fat.
Last edited by South Coast Royal on 25 Aug 2020 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Aug 2020 10:52

QCBAP

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 25 Aug 2020 11:01

royalp-we
Pepe the Horseman
genome If we got Hughton or Howe I would be very pleased. I can see it being an obscure foreign bloke though

Yup, random Portuguese with a similar CV to Jose Gomes would be my guess.

...or the ex-Beijing Rehne boss (Aleksandar Stanojević).

What a shambles.

Telegraph now reporting this.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2020 11:08

royalp-we
royalp-we
Pepe the Horseman Yup, random Portuguese with a similar CV to Jose Gomes would be my guess.

What a shambles.

Fml

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 25 Aug 2020 12:17

We don't know the full facts or know what the Dai's are thinking but I wonder if the owners have looked at the state of the finances, which were on a knife edge before Covid-19, realised that we're gonna be dealt a blow by FFP and rather than limp along then get docked 12 points have simple gone 'in for a penny, in for a pound' (or tens of millions of them).

The owners have been frustrated by FFP meaning they have all the money we could possibly need but can't give it us, so they might now think if we're going to face the music let's at least make it a party.

If they know we we're going to fall foul and are happy to ensure we don't go into administration even if it means smashing FFP rules then I'm for it. For all we know though it might have been last roll of the dice or simply lie down and die.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Aug 2020 12:31

TommyF We don't know the full facts or know what the Dai's are thinking but I wonder if the owners have looked at the state of the finances, which were on a knife edge before Covid-19, realised that we're gonna be dealt a blow by FFP and rather than limp along then get docked 12 points have simple gone 'in for a penny, in for a pound' (or tens of millions of them).

The owners have been frustrated by FFP meaning they have all the money we could possibly need but can't give it us, so they might now think if we're going to face the music let's at least make it a party.

If they know we we're going to fall foul and are happy to ensure we don't go into administration even if it means smashing FFP rules then I'm for it. For all we know though it might have been last roll of the dice or simply lie down and die.

Or is this a free hit season re FFP? How can them impose it in the EFL with no money coming in to clubs?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 25 Aug 2020 12:37

royalp-we
royalp-we
Pepe the Horseman Yup, random Portuguese with a similar CV to Jose Gomes would be my guess.

What a shambles.

His record while there... W4 D2 L12

Sounds perfect

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2020 12:42

Conspiracy alert. The owners have stuck £1m on Wycombe staying up in a dodgy far East bookmaker.

With Wednesday on -12 and us a shit show, they're in with a shout.

TommyF

by TommyF » 25 Aug 2020 13:00

Mid Sussex Royal
TommyF We don't know the full facts or know what the Dai's are thinking but I wonder if the owners have looked at the state of the finances, which were on a knife edge before Covid-19, realised that we're gonna be dealt a blow by FFP and rather than limp along then get docked 12 points have simple gone 'in for a penny, in for a pound' (or tens of millions of them).

Or is this a free hit season re FFP? How can them impose it in the EFL with no money coming in to clubs?

Something has to give this season or Wycombe and Rotherham might end up promoted just by not getting docked 12 points like the other 22 teams (Ok, I'm not actually being serious)

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Aug 2020 13:04

Mid Sussex Royal

If this was the case why would Howe need to go? The only reason I could see for getting rid of him is if he just wouldn't give the go ahead to spend like the owners want.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Aug 2020 13:05

Plenty of talk suggesting the owners will stick up a middle finger to FFP and spend spend spend. It’s not that simple because any incomings have to be sanctioned by the EFL.

TommyF

by TommyF » 25 Aug 2020 13:10

Jagermesiter1871
Mid Sussex Royal

If this was the case why would Howe need to go? The only reason I could see for getting rid of him is if he just wouldn't give the go ahead to spend like the owners want.
Because of his position with the league and dealing with FFP. Keeps his hands clean

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2020 13:20

Zip Plenty of talk suggesting the owners will stick up a middle finger to FFP and spend spend spend. It’s not that simple because any incomings have to be sanctioned by the EFL.

If they did manage to do that, they have this transfer window as the FL would presumably hit the club with a massive fine and deduct 12 points plus embargo the club next January. And given that this ‘plan’ has sort of been tried before and the results have seen incredible seasons packed full of magnificent football and an average 17th place finish one wonders why on earth they think it’ll work this time, particularly when you then appoint a nobody for manager instead of at least giving yourselves a shout with an experienced FL manager such as Chris Hughton.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Aug 2020 13:21

WestYorksRoyal Also rumours that Bowen may be moved to DoF role, presumably with a new manager coming in. I'd be supportive of that.

If we flagrantly disregard FFP and don't even try to comply, what's the maximum penalty? 12 points? Get a team who can get 60 - 65 and maybe you cope with that. Especially next season when you have Wednesday and possibly Derby too. Once you have your points deduction, is that the end of it? Those losses don't count again next year?

I ask these Qs because clearly Howe was trying to comply with FFP and the Dais weren't interested.

Wouldn't the cost of this lot be in NEXT years accounts ?
Therefore, the points deductions already in train would be served and therefore of no help

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Aug 2020 13:25

Sutekh
Zip Plenty of talk suggesting the owners will stick up a middle finger to FFP and spend spend spend. It’s not that simple because any incomings have to be sanctioned by the EFL.

If they did manage to do that, they have this transfer window as the FL would presumably hit the club with a massive fine and deduct 12 points plus embargo the club next January. And given that this ‘plan’ has sort of been tried before and the results have seen incredible seasons packed full of magnificent football and an average 17th place finish one wonders why on earth they think it’ll work this time, particularly when you then appoint a nobody for manager instead of at least giving yourselves a shout with an experienced FL manager such as Chris Hughton.

Yep.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 Aug 2020 13:50

Having absolute faith in our owners that not only are they on top of all things FFP and will be making a great new managerial appointment where the manager has good money to spend on recruitment I have backed us at 25/1 for promotion with Skybet.
By comparison Bet 365 is only quoting 11/1 so get on quick if you share the faith.

On the other hand I didn't have the heart to check relegation odds..

TommyF

by TommyF » 25 Aug 2020 14:04

I've heard that the owners have sanctioned the purchase for £250,000 of lucky dips for tonight's Euro Millions £109 Million draw. If one of those 100,000 lines come up we are well sorted for FPP.

Nigel Howe spotted at Niki stores with a long queue of pissed off customers stuck behind him

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Aug 2020 14:38

Jagermesiter1871
Mid Sussex Royal

Howe hasn't gone. He's back to what he knows best, property.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2020 17:18

Isn't it just as likely that Howe's been moved rather than got rid of completely because he's one of the club representatives on the EFL board.

If he goes entirely, depending on how that is set up, surely there's a good chance he can no longer be on the EFL board.

So rather than clearing up a conflict in his position caused by the financial doping people are suggesting we'll try, he's only still here to avoid a shake up at EFL board level.