Rumour: Ljubomir Fejsa

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour: Ljubomir Fejsa

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2020 12:30

Posted by that there Eddie on Twitter. We are monitoring his situation at Benfica. May have his contract paid up.

32yo holding midfielder. Certainly knows how to win, won consecutive league titles across 3 countries from 2008 to 2017

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour: Ljubomir Fejsa

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 13:45

That sort of player would fit the bill and give us more defensive competition for Rino and Laurent.

Wages, age and lack of English league experience the potential draw backs.

But it is starting to be a lot of bodies in midfield.

Playmaker: Swift, Holsgrove
Box to box: Rinomhota, Laurent
Flair: Ejaria, Olise

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2020 13:57

Exactly the type of player we need. Massively keen on this.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2020 14:37

I have never heard of him but he seems to have won a lot.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2020 14:59

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Aug 2020 16:12

Snowflake Royal That sort of player would fit the bill and give us more defensive competition for Rino and Laurent.

....of which Swift is the most experienced. I'm all for young talent but you need an experienced head in there. Quite interested in him as a possible signing. Ticks quite a lot of boxes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 19:51

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal That sort of player would fit the bill and give us more defensive competition for Rino and Laurent.

....of which Swift is the most experienced. I'm all for young talent but you need an experienced head in there. Quite interested in him as a possible signing. Ticks quite a lot of boxes.

I wouldn't say Swift is the sort of player to bring experience, whereas I think Rino could despite having less.... it's personality as much as anything.

But yeah, hence him fitting the bill.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Aug 2020 20:32

I meant more that Swift is the most senior midfielder but as you say, not the Parky type player who can inspire tram mates through sheer will and force of personality.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2020 21:36

Sutekh

Top-knot wa*ker, so i’m out.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Aug 2020 15:00

Very odd, almost hypocritical seeing you post this about a player who is older and spends more time in the treatment room than someone you shot me down for posting about a couple of weeks ago Ian.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 15:18

royalp-we

Very odd, almost hypocritical seeing you post this about a player who is older and spends more time in the treatment room than someone you shot me down for posting about a couple of weeks ago Ian.

If he hasn't played much for seasons then he's a firm no for me. But I'm going purely based on what other people are saying about him, because unlike Foriestieri I know nothing about him other than what's here. Nothing here to suggest he hasn't played much recently or has an issue with injuries.

You'll notice I flagged age as a concern though. And that I said "that sort of player" ie one with a history of winning and in a DM role.

Plus half the issue with Forestieri was attitude, cost and us having plenty in attack already.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2020 13:50

Last season Fejsa made 5 appearances for Benfica and then went out on loan to Deportivo Alavés in January where he made 13 appearances, presume therefore he either fell out of favour at Benfica or got injured, lost his place and was farmed out to get back up to speed.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2020 13:57

Snowflake Royal
royalp-we

If he hasn't played much for seasons then he's a firm no for me. But I'm going purely based on what other people are saying about him, because unlike Foriestieri I know nothing about him other than what's here. Nothing here to suggest he hasn't played much recently or has an issue with injuries.

You'll notice I flagged age as a concern though. And that I said "that sort of player" ie one with a history of winning and in a DM role.

Plus half the issue with Forestieri was attitude, cost and us having plenty in attack already.

gotta back up my boy Snowflake here. He has frequently said we should recruit players with a winning attitude and this guy ticks all the boxes. Position, experience, medals and, presumably as I havent ever heard of him, ability.

Sure if he signs he could flop but this is a player with 21 pieces of silverware. Thats more than most clubs.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Sep 2020 16:43

Sorry I just don’t see why we should waste money on someone who spends months in the treatment room every single season. The medals argument is weak - he’s made just over 100 appearances since he left Partizan in 2011. I’m out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2020 16:50

royalp-we Sorry I just don’t see why we should waste money on someone who spends months in the treatment room every single season. The medals argument is weak - he’s made just over 100 appearances since he left Partizan in 2011. I’m out.

think he has played more than that. Quite scout round soccer base suggests he has averaged about 30 games a season for the past 4 years in the La Liga, Portugese Liga or the Champions league

Know nothing of him mind you, so not saying we should definitely go for him or anything

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Sep 2020 16:55

I’m miles out - on closer inspection he’s actually played closer to 200 games :lol:

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 02 Sep 2020 17:02

He does have a pretty extensive injury record though, it must be said

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Sep 2020 17:05

Sutekh Last season Fejsa made 5 appearances for Benfica and then went out on loan to Deportivo Alavés in January where he made 13 appearances, presume therefore he either fell out of favour at Benfica or got injured, lost his place and was farmed out to get back up to speed.

He got a bad injury 18 months ago and declined massively. He could do the job in the championship, but we’d have to manage him smartly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2020 17:08

Tall defensive midfielder who used to be good but now has a number of injury problems does sound all a bit David Meyler sadly

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Sep 2020 18:42

Hound Tall defensive midfielder who used to be good but now has a number of injury problems does sound all a bit David Meyler sadly

With all due respect to Meyler, he has never played to the level Fejsa has.