Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

308 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by Nameless » 01 Sep 2020 13:52

Sutekh Kia is not actually an agent as I understand things, therefore I presume the agents of the players Reading are being linked with have a connection with Kia.

Also, according to Wiki, although born in Iran Kia is a dual British/Canadian national and was schooled at Shiplake College so there might be a chance he actually is a fan of Reading FC from back in the 80s. :lol:

He was a regular on away coaches for several seasons and drank in the Spread before home games....

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2020 13:53

so this Eddie guy on twitter and I've got to hand to him, he genuinely is itk has confirmed this guy is currently on trail with us for the next weeks. He also has a 21 million buyout clause :shock:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2020 13:54

royalp-we
NewCorkSeth Well I for one am totally against agent control in the club regardless of how well it turns out for us. It is not the ethos I expect from us.

I get the "enjoy the ride" crowd but this agent is doing it for himself not his clients or us.

Whilst I don’t totally disagree - Kia obviously wants his players to be a success to raise their stock. Surely it’s of mutual benefit?

Well now it has been pointed out he is not an agent I am wrong but an agent can and have in the past, moved players around to get big cash bonuses from the transfer deals. Hence why I presumed he was in it for himself.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2020 13:54

WoodleyRoyal so this Eddie guy on twitter and I've got to hand to him, he genuinely is itk has confirmed this guy is currently on trail with us for the next weeks. He also has a 21 million buyout clause :shock:

Exsqueeze me? How much?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2020 13:56

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal so this Eddie guy on twitter and I've got to hand to him, he genuinely is itk has confirmed this guy is currently on trail with us for the next weeks. He also has a 21 million buyout clause :shock:

Exsqueeze me? How much?

apologies, i got it wrong. Its a 27 million buy out clause :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Sep 2020 13:58

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth

Exsqueeze me? How much?

:shock:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Sep 2020 14:07

Kia isn’t an agent? That must be a nasty shock for Willian, David Luiz, Phillipe Coutinho... Looks like Miazga might have dumped him recently though?

€27m buyout clause is irrelevant. Spanish clubs are legally required to put a buyout clause in which forces them to accept a bid of that size. Usually it’s far in excess of what they expect to get and they’ll accept a lower bid.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Sep 2020 14:11

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth

Exsqueeze me? How much?

Spanish clubs and players always have ridiculously high buy-out clauses. I don't think we should read too much into this.

EDIT - See post above :)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Sep 2020 14:18

SCIAG Kia isn’t an agent? That must be a nasty shock for Willian, David Luiz, Phillipe Coutinho... Looks like Miazga might have dumped him recently though?

€27m buyout clause is irrelevant. Spanish clubs are legally required to put a buyout clause in which forces them to accept a bid of that size. Usually it’s far in excess of what they expect to get and they’ll accept a lower bid.

Perhaps th8ngs of changed.
Agents have to be licensed and for a long time he wasn't technically an agent because he didn’t have a licence. I believe he operated as an ‘advisor’ to players and no doubt pretty much did the same thing an agent would in terms of connecting clubs and players.

yuomi

by yuomi » 01 Sep 2020 14:29

SCIAG Kia isn’t an agent? That must be a nasty shock for Willian, David Luiz, Phillipe Coutinho... Looks like Miazga might have dumped him recently though?

They're signed to his agency, but Kia is not their agent. Nor is he a FIFA licensed agent. Agents work for him (e.g. Silvestre is one of his, hence his being a frequent attendee at the MadStad).

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 01 Sep 2020 17:10

Never seen him play or heard of him before 5 minutes ago but I've just seen a picture of him and I'm afraid to say he'd get eaten alive in the championship.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Sep 2020 17:22

In the squad for the friendly tonight.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2020 17:56

NewCorkSeth Seems to be a very highly rated prospect. Why are we getting him??

Because we are short of players. The new manager will just have to produce miracles with the players he is given. No strategy or cohesive plan for recruitment. Looks like another lightweight.
Last edited by Lower West on 01 Sep 2020 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Sep 2020 18:00

Lower West

H

Because we are short of players. The new manager will just have to produce miracles with the players he is given. No strategy or cohesive plan for recruitment. .

We’ve managed to play 2 full friendlies, we can’t be that short of players !

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2020 18:01

Nameless
Lower West

H

Because we are short of players. The new manager will just have to produce miracles with the players he is given. No strategy or cohesive plan for recruitment. .

Squad is pretty threadbare. Against Spurs bench was weak.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Sep 2020 18:26

Lower West
Nameless
Lower West H

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Sep 2020 18:27

Nameless
Lower West
Nameless

Being linked with plenty, we’ll be fine....

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Sep 2020 00:34

Eddie said in a group chat that’s it’s very likely to happen. Marca who are reliable for Atlético Madrid news insist it’s a loan if Rodrigo Riquelme signs a new contract but Mundo who are unreliable suggesting it’s a permo. Unless it’s a few million, I think it’d be stupid to buy him outright for a big fee not knowing how he was going to do. A loan to buy on the other hand wouldn’t the stupidest thing we’ve done.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 02 Sep 2020 07:29

https://amp.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2 ... ssion=true

Yeah, marca are Madrid based, so probably reliable that it's a loan move after he signs a new contract. Possibility that it might not be agent based move, given the manager's links with Atleti.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 02 Sep 2020 07:58

Oh apparently he is defo linked to Kia. Apparently he's fast and takes people on, but he's a kid and never ready for the championship.

308 posts