Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by Stranded » 24 Sep 2020 09:35

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Hendo
Made worse by the constant tweets about him and how the club need to announce him.

In reality transfers probably take a really long time to complete, but we just don't know about them as early as we knew about this one. i.e. with him being on trial when VP joined, etc..

Wouldn't surprise me if this just comes down to the league needing to authorise the deal. Just seen on Twitter that the Semedo deal is essentially done and waiting on the league to authorise it but if it takes much longer he may well go to a club in France instead.

I miss the days when we didn't know about a signing until it was announced. Morrison has been the only out of the blue signing I can think of in recent years.

Very much this. Would much prefer it that we suddenly just get an announcement of a new signing rather than being told Player X is signing weeks before he actually does.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Sep 2020 09:36

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Wouldn't surprise me if this just comes down to the league needing to authorise the deal. Just seen on Twitter that the Semedo deal is essentially done and waiting on the league to authorise it but if it takes much longer he may well go to a club in France instead.

I miss the days when we didn't know about a signing until it was announced. Morrison has been the only out of the blue signing I can think of in recent years.

Very much this. Would much prefer it that we suddenly just get an announcement of a new signing rather than being told Player X is signing weeks before he actually does.

Agreed with all of this as well.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Sep 2020 10:57

This is starting to remind me of the Tommy Smith saga. Agree following transfers was much easier in the days before ITK twitter accounts.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Sep 2020 11:03

How many of the 5 loan signings were trailed in advance ? Most of them seemed to be pretty much OOTB.
Wasn't Joao a bit of a surprise as well ? Might just be me not paying attention of course....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Sep 2020 12:59

Nameless How many of the 5 loan signings were trailed in advance ? Most of them seemed to be pretty much OOTB.
Wasn't Joao a bit of a surprise as well ? Might just be me not paying attention of course....

I think there were rumours on all of them, even if it was just the day of. The Morrison one last year was completely OOTB IIRC. Didn't know nuttin about it until he was holding the scarf.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Sep 2020 13:10

People have access to too much information these days, so they get nervous when a transfer doesn't get announced within 5 minutes.

Slow down a bit people, enjoy life.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Sep 2020 13:39

Nameless How many of the 5 loan signings were trailed in advance ? Most of them seemed to be pretty much OOTB.

The Joao rumour came as a surprise, but I think it was pretty much common knowledge when he played against us for Weds. In fact, Jose was asked about it after the match

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Sep 2020 14:58

Paunović on Riquelme situation:

"I wish I can tell you more - all the circumstances of the times we're living are making closing the deal difficult. He's in Reading, we've had permission to have him in training from Athletico, we're looking to extend that."

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Sep 2020 15:21

morganb Paunović on Riquelme situation:

"I wish I can tell you more - all the circumstances of the times we're living are making closing the deal difficult. He's in Reading, we've had permission to have him in training from Athletico, we're looking to extend that."

Definitely sounds like the EFL are not allowing the deal to be ratified. Probably need someone to shift out of the club in the next week or so for it to be done. Would explain why they are looking to extend his stay and have him train still.

If it happens great, if not then hopefully we have other options or if we aren't allowed to bring anyone else in we go with what we have and hope we can get to January and add players then.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Sep 2020 16:08

Stranded
morganb Paunović on Riquelme situation:

Definitely sounds like the EFL are not allowing the deal to be ratified.

Twats.

yuomi

by yuomi » 24 Sep 2020 16:24

Dense question (why change the habit of a lifetime?), but is the EFL's issue going to be FFP or...what?

Not sure what grounds they'd have to be blocking these particular deals.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Sep 2020 16:30

WestYorksRoyal This is starting to remind me of the Tommy Smith saga. Agree following transfers was much easier in the days before ITK twitter accounts.

Trying to find the Tommy Smith thread, but cannot seem to locate it. Was it deleted?

Seem to remember it being a doozy.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Sep 2020 16:52

yuomi Dense question (why change the habit of a lifetime?), but is the EFL's issue going to be FFP or...what?

Not sure what grounds they'd have to be blocking these particular deals.

If he's a cheap loan they wouldn't. Maybe it's not a cheap loan.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Sep 2020 17:45

The Tommy Smith situation was entirely of Brendan Rodgers' making.

He blabbed about him for weeks as if he was already our player before we'd even put a bid in. Watford told us to fcuk off and we ended up with Brian Howard and Gregorz Raziak.

Tommy Smith then proceded to score against us every time he played us.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Sep 2020 17:53

From Despair To Where? The Tommy Smith situation was entirely of Brendan Rodgers' making.

He blabbed about him for weeks as if he was already our player before we'd even put a bid in. Watford told us to fcuk off and we ended up with Brian Howard and Gregorz Raziak.

Tommy Smith then proceded to score against us every time he played us.

That is pretty much how I remember it going as well.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Sep 2020 19:14

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Hendo
Made worse by the constant tweets about him and how the club need to announce him.

In reality transfers probably take a really long time to complete, but we just don't know about them as early as we knew about this one. i.e. with him being on trial when VP joined, etc..

The Morrison signing was so surprising even Gomes didn’t know anything about it. Just turned up at training one day in Portugal.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Sep 2020 19:19

gazzer, loyal royal
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

The Morrison signing was so surprising even Gomes didn’t know anything about it. Just turned up at training one day in Portugal.

Ha, didn't exactly seem like a Gomes signing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2020 19:22

But what a signing he proved to be

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 24 Sep 2020 19:29

Just waiting for us to be gazumped by a Premier League club....

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Sep 2020 19:59

Can someone IM me when this transfer actually goes through?

308 posts