Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

308 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Sep 2020 10:24

SCIAG
From Despair To Where? To be fair, since Kia allegedly started taking control of our recruitment on the playing side, it's not been too bad. Virginia was shit, Boye and Timbe were pretty pointless signings and the jury's out on Araruna but Ejaria (3 times), Miazga (twice) , Martinez, Baker, Oliviera, Morrison, Puscas, Joao, Rafael and Pele were all decent signings, Adam did ok and Laurent looks promising.

That's a pretty good success rate.

Is there any evidence of him having any undue influence in the boardroom? Does he represent Gomes, Bowen or Paunovic?

Related but how many of those players are even his?

Timbe for example was signed from our sister club, and wasn’t Boye represented by his uncle?

Miazga has pretty public links to him but most of the players we’ve signed have been the sort of players we were signing anyway.

That's an extention of my point. He was seen at a game In January of last year and a week later we make 5 loan signings. Suddenly Kia is controlling our signings and creaming the club.

Kia's area of expertise is Portugal and Brazil. I can see him being involved in Gomes coming here and maybe the approach to Garcia before Gomes. He may have also had something to do with the approach for the Brazilian DoF but basically there seems to be a lot of conjecture over his role at the club when, in reality, we all know Jack shit. There seems to be a lot of people putting 2 and 2 together on the back of very little concrete evidence. It must be the agent, they're always the bad guys, oh, and Kia, he's the worst and he knows Pini Zahavi who's really bad too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2020 12:48

Wasn't he involved in the likes of John, Fernandez, Carrico... Piazon?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Sep 2020 13:01

Don't know, Ian, that's ancient history and scraping the bottom of the barrel with regards to the suggestion that he's pulling the owners' strings.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2020 13:07

From Despair To Where? Don't know, Ian, that's ancient history and scraping the bottom of the barrel with regards to the suggestion that he's pulling the owners' strings.

I don't think our owners were our owners at the time any of those players were at our club?

Especially Carrico :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2020 13:13

Point being he's been involved before when things didn't go well.

Plenty of intimation from the likes of Bowen, Howe and Baldock about owners getting advice outside the club and issues behind the scenes.

But you can play all is rosy and Kia is great if you want.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Sep 2020 13:15

Snowflake Royal Wasn't he involved in the likes of John, Fernandez, Carrico... Piazon?

none were particularly poor players tbf

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2020 13:16

Hound
Snowflake Royal Wasn't he involved in the likes of John, Fernandez, Carrico... Piazon?

None performed though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Sep 2020 13:21

Snowflake Royal
Hound

None performed though.

Thought Fernandez did OK in the games he got to play. Nothing stellar but good enough for the level.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Sep 2020 13:24

Snowflake Royal Point being he's been involved before when things didn't go well.

Plenty of intimation from the likes of Bowen, Howe and Baldock about owners getting advice outside the club and issues behind the scenes.

Not saying Kia is great, in fact I've said plenty of times we need to keep him at arm's length but I'm not going to suggest he's pulling the strings without any real evidence. Merely pointing out that if he's heavily involved, the pedigree of our signings have improved over the last 3 windows. There would be an issue IF he called on the owners than if the owners called in him but frankly, no-one in here knows the answer to that.

Bringing up a player who was bought 8 managers and 2 owners ago smacks of desperation, Ian. The bloke's a big hitter in football agency. I'd be more amazed if our paths hadn't crossed with him at some prior point in the past decade.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Sep 2020 14:53

Snowflake Royal Point being he's been involved before when things didn't go well.

Has anyone said anything like you claim in your final sentence ?
Is there any club that has anything approaching a 100% success rate with signings ? 80 % ? Are clubs happy if half their signings are unqualified successes ? Would be interesting to know , for comparisons.
In terms of where theyget their advice it must be relevant that our owners also own 2 other clubs. Are they limited to talking to people from those clubs, about those clubs ? Are they different to other business people who would be considered negligent not to talk and seek advice from a range of people inside and outside their organisation.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 18:12

Looks like the admin on twitter has accidently announced it unless I have been taken for a ride.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2020 18:17

NewCorkSeth Looks like the admin on twitter has accidently announced it unless I have been taken for a ride.

Think you've been taken for a ride, champ.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 18:17

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth Looks like the admin on twitter has accidently announced it unless I have been taken for a ride.

Think you've been taken for a ride, champ.

Wish you would take me for a ride some day.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2020 18:20

Since you asked, bienvenidas is actually how you would say "welcome" to a female. If they were indeed welcoming Roro, they would have said bienvenidos.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 03 Sep 2020 19:15

Pepe the Horseman Since you asked, bienvenidas is actually how you would say "welcome" to a female. If they were indeed welcoming Roro, they would have said bienvenidos.

It's how you would welcome multiple females. Bienvenido is how they would welcome our would-be conquistador.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Sep 2020 11:21

Hound

Piazon and Carrico were both decent players but I never thought either particularly suited English football

Fernandez was also decent on his rare outings, but unfortunately for him, we had Quinn, Norwood, Tshibola and Williams ahead of him who were all decent options too

Didn’t really rate John, for all the flash he showed, there was rarely an output and he could barely last 30 minutes. I guess he was a good option to bring off the bench

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Sep 2020 13:51

JimmytheJim
Pepe the Horseman Since you asked, bienvenidas is actually how you would say "welcome" to a female. If they were indeed welcoming Roro, they would have said bienvenidos.

It's how you would welcome multiple females. Bienvenido is how they would welcome our would-be conquistador.

All this Latin language chat reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWkmYraB3Rs

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Sep 2020 13:15

What was the latest with this guy?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2020 11:48

CountryRoyal What was the latest with this guy?

pauanovic confirmed he’s till training with us.
I think we are just going to keep him and hope his club forget he’s here so he just becomes ours.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2020 12:39

Nameless
CountryRoyal What was the latest with this guy?

pauanovic confirmed he’s till training with us.
I think we are just going to keep him and hope his club forget he’s here so he just becomes ours.

I like this.

308 posts