Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

308 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Oct 2020 11:12

WoodleyRoyal
Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? We are traditionally their biggest rivals as we were the closest club they played with any sort of regularity and in fairness, I think we've played them more than any other club and them likewise.

Unfortunately for them, as a rivalry, its largely unrequited and we traditionally had more interest in the Shits, The Pox and Pigtown.

In nearly 40 years of watching Reading, I've never known anyone consider Bournemouth as rivals.

Disliked them for the same reason I disliked Brighton.

They got way more coverage on South Today than we did, despite us being in a higher division.

At least that's how I remember it as a youngster.

My BIL is from bournemouth and a Bournemouth fan. he always goes on about pissing on the Madejski stadium when it was first built, whenever he comes to visit, same story EVERY oxf*rd time for the last 10 years or more. He hates us with a passion. what annoys him most is that the feeling isn't reciprocal, I've always been deliberately ambivalent towards him/them. Whenever he goes on about this massive rivalry i keep saying its just in your head dude we couldn't give two oxf*rd about you. He wont have though, to Bournemouth fans they believe we hate then just as much as they hate us.

That's hilarious - I never even slightly realised there was a rivalry.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Oct 2020 13:00

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? We are traditionally their biggest rivals as we were the closest club they played with any sort of regularity and in fairness, I think we've played them more than any other club and them likewise.

Unfortunately for them, as a rivalry, its largely unrequited and we traditionally had more interest in the Shits, The Pox and Pigtown.

In nearly 40 years of watching Reading, I've never known anyone consider Bournemouth as rivals.

Disliked them for the same reason I disliked Brighton.

They got way more coverage on South Today than we did, despite us being in a higher division.

At least that's how I remember it as a youngster.

That wasn’t the fault if the clubs though, more to do with the way ITV split their tv regions up. Used to get the same sort of thing when BBC Berks was BBC Thames Valley, everything it seemed was Oxford centric with not as much coverage of the Berkshire end of things.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2020 13:06

Didn't say it was rational. :D

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Oct 2020 14:59

Just a footnote to this one.
Apparently Kieran Tripper, now at Athletico Madrid and a player under the Eddie Howe/Jason Tindall combo at Burnley, had been asked for his opinion on the player by Tindall.

Tindall has said " I'm close friends with Kieran Trippier who is there (Madrid ) now.
I spoke to him quite a few times when we knew we liked him and tried to sign him.
He couldn't speak highly enough of him."

Already the player has a football-type name; not Riquelmesy but Roro.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 05 Oct 2020 15:18

Bournemouth....rivals :lol: :lol: The lads have had some great away days there in the past. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside 8)

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 05 Oct 2020 16:47

The Cap Bournemouth....rivals :lol: :lol: The lads have had some great away days there in the past. Oh I do like to be beside the seaside 8)

This 8)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Oct 2020 21:55

Hope he's enjoying sitting on the bench for Bournemouth ...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Oct 2020 10:06

Royalwaster Hope he's enjoying sitting on the bench for Bournemouth ...

TBH he would probably be sat on the bench here too.

308 posts