Rumour - Perry Ng

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Perry Ng

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2020 14:30

Wisconsin Royal Is it a good time to mention that 'w' can act as a vowel too?

https://www.dictionary.com/e/w-vowel/

anybody who can pronounce the word "Sky" knows that consonants can sometimes
be used to stand in for one or more of the five proper-vowels (a-e-i-o-u)

Nobody here has disputed that for one second

What is in dispute is whether "Y" for example is ACTUALLY a vowel
as opposed to a consonant that sometimes can be USED AS a vowel

People also need to distinguish between the word vowel meaning an articulated sound
and in English there are a LOT more than 5/10

just think of through, rough, ought, same proper-vowels but making different articulated vowel-sounds

Then there's oh, ooh, hock, etc

But as far as I am concerned y in English has never been A VOWEL. It's a consonant
that sometimes acts as (pretends to be) a vowel.

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 21 Sep 2020 14:36

Just spent 5 minutes looking for him on the periodic table...Alas, he is not... :cry:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Sep 2020 14:42

JamieY26 Just spent 5 minutes looking for him on the periodic table...Alas, he is not... :cry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry

Perry is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented pears, similar to the way cider is made from apples.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/norwegium

Chemical symbol, Ng. A supposed metallic element closely related to bismuth. A rare metallic element, of doubtful identification, said to occur in the copper-nickel of Norway. Not recognized as an element (1999).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 15:44

From Despair To Where? Of course. There's always chance it's a dissgruntled doer player but when you get the same story from a number of different sources, pattern does emerge.

I also thought Bowen had done a decent job and was shocked when he was sacked but I like to think he (and Gomes) have left a foundation for Paunovic to build on.

I dont think its a huge surprise tbh. There were a few disgruntled ex-colleagues whinging about him when he got the job - seems a bit of a divisive character. Was quite a difficult situation to come into with the ooc players, the finances, and being down the bottom of the table. Its probably exactly what we needed after the suntan and smiles of Jose though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2020 17:47

From Despair To Where? Maybe the owners saw his experience and insight as valuable but didn't believe he was the right man for day to day, hands on involvement with the squad.

The person I got information from has direct contact with a former player so I'd regard them as pretty reliable.

You're on my 'not full of bullshit' list and a good poster, so I'm happy to take that on faith as what you've been told by someone with access who is credible

I'm never too convinced that not being well liked by the players is, or perhaps should be, a particular problem. And it's very easy for that sort of thing to be exaggerated in the passing... plus it's what one guy heard from one ex-player. Why they left could well have an effect on reliability.

This is all the one thing that would make sacking Bowen not just plain stupid... but it's not really hanging together for me to be very significant as I said.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Sep 2020 18:31

I'm in no way itk, it's just someone I know who happened to work with an ex player over the summer but the impression I got was that it went a little bit deeper than just not liking him but a serious breakdown in the working relationship with a number of squad members.

Also, the player in question would not be high on the list of players you would think had an axe to grind. Don't think it's fair to blatantly name names but he was getting game time at the end of last season and was offered a new contract.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2020 19:33

From Despair To Where? I'm in no way itk, it's just someone I know who happened to work with an ex player over the summer but the impression I got was that it went a little bit deeper than just not liking him but a serious breakdown in the working relationship with a number of squad members.

Also, the player in question would not be high on the list of players you would think had an axe to grind. Don't think it's fair to blatantly name names but he was getting game time at the end of last season and was offered a new contract.

Obviously don't expect you to break confidences or out anyone. And you're in a better place to judge the reliability in knowing much moreo f that detail.

But, I'm going to remain fairly skeptical without much more myself.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 21 Sep 2020 19:48

Wait what???

I give up...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Sep 2020 20:07

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? I'm in no way itk, it's just someone I know who happened to work with an ex player over the summer but the impression I got was that it went a little bit deeper than just not liking him but a serious breakdown in the working relationship with a number of squad members.

Obviously don't expect you to break confidences or out anyone. And you're in a better place to judge the reliability in knowing much moreo f that detail.

Fair enough, I just think there was more going on behind the scenes than I or anyone in here knows and we don't know the whole story.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2020 21:07

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal

Fair enough, I just think there was more going on behind the scenes than I or anyone in here knows and we don't know the whole story.

I think that's pretty much always true. :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Sep 2020 08:34

Twitter linking us with Brian Yeo, which would make us the first team ever to have both a player with no vowels in their surname and one with (debatably) no constonants

(Brian Yeo is 76, which may cast doubt on the rumour although apparently Mr Dai is behind the move himself, just to wind up Snowball)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Sep 2020 08:45

Nameless Twitter linking us with Brian Yeo, which would make us the first team ever to have both a player with no vowels in their surname and one with (debatably) no -)

(Brian Yeo is 76, which may cast doubt on the rumour although apparently Mr Dai is behind the move himself, just to wind up Snowball)

I have enemies in high places :-)

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 22 Sep 2020 10:31

morganb
JamieY26 Just spent 5 minutes looking for him on the periodic table...Alas, he is not... :cry:

Perry is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented pears, similar to the way cider is made from apples.

Chemical symbol, Ng. A supposed metallic element closely related to bismuth. A rare metallic element, of doubtful identification, said to occur in the copper-nickel of Norway. Not recognized as an element (1999).

Could you turn that into a song please? :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Sep 2020 13:18

JamieY26
morganb

Could you turn that into a song please? :lol:

Was that Norwegium description written by an anti-conspiracy theorist?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2020 22:36

Linden Jones' Tash

Wait what???

I give up...

Not really. Only in Welsh, as far as I know which sort of doesn't count.

There are languages also which have no vowels in some words, just a bunch of consonants. And what's worse there's no indication whether there's meant to be. You just sort of have to know based on context or knowledge whether there is meant to be a vowel between the consonants or not.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2020 22:37

Only 157 posts on HNA since 2012?

Where have you been all my life?

Love it.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 24 Sep 2020 00:13

Millsy

Love it.

Agreed. Quality Nobbing.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Sep 2020 08:50

My little brothers surname is Eng, the anglicised version of Ng, and I remember him often getting shit for having Eng, which people thought stood for England, on the back of his Jersey.

Wisconsin Royal

by Wisconsin Royal » 24 Sep 2020 18:23

Millsy

Love it.

Hmmmm....

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Sep 2020 18:50

He has an easy chant

One vowel
He’s only got one vowel
He’s Perry N-G