Rumour - Tomás Esteves

143 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Tomás Esteves

by URZZZZ » 07 Oct 2020 16:06

tidus_mi2
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Think most roles have got more complex as things have got more fluid and pass focused.

Still think it's the simplest of all of them, and requires the least integration.

Think playing next to Morrison will be a huge benefit too, who seems to be a good communicator

Would be slightly more concerned if it was Moore and McIntyre for example, who are still two good centre backs but perhaps not so strong on the leadership front

Not sure about lack of leadership for Moore, surely he wouldn't be captain if he didn't have leadership qualities.

Yeah, I get that

Personally think Moore is better at focusing on his own game rather than having the strain of captaincy whereas Morrison seems more of a leader. He seemed to help out Holmes quite a few times on Saturday where he wasn’t quite in line with the defence. Also something Bowen alluded to IIRC although I understand the relationship between those two wasn’t great

But we have won four out of four games with Moore as captain so far so it seems to be working. Just seemed to be a common theme that Moore would perform better in the past not being captain

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Oct 2020 13:59

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Traditional full back may have been "simple" but the role is much more complex these days. There us a much greater expectation that the player can attack and defend almost equally well, timing and decision making massively important, get it wrong and the whole defensive shape is Fubared.

Think most roles have got more complex as things have got more fluid and pass focused.

Still think it's the simplest of all of them, and requires the least integration.

Think playing next to Morrison will be a huge benefit too, who seems to be a good communicator

Would be slightly more concerned if it was Moore and McIntyre for example, who are still two good centre backs but perhaps not so strong on the leadership front

Let’s hope that Morrison knows some useful Portuguese then, be a bit stuffed if all he knows is “can you direct me to the hotel”. Alternatively that Esteves knows more English than “yes”, “please” and “how do I block oma” :wink:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Oct 2020 16:32

https://mobile.twitter.com/RFCLatest/st ... 4483716096

Well, he has joined the team today and Yaks has helped him settle in...

143 posts