Re: Rumour: Joel Latibeaudiere

by Hound » 09 Oct 2020 13:30

think the signings have been quite good last year or two

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2020 13:38

Hound think the signings have been quite good last year or two

Much improved. But only really now getting the squad balanced.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Oct 2020 14:14

According to the latest bits I’ve seen it’s between Reading and Norwich with interest from Championship clubs have apparently dropped away.

However Norwich have denied they’re in talks and their local paper mentions Farke’s interest in Arsenal’s William Saliba as well as the possibility of Norwich letting their rated youngster, Andrew Omobamidele, into things.

So it may well be Reading that this fella comes in esp. given the nice shiny new training set up plus VP’s apparent record of working with younger players.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is mainly agent talk based on some interest from Reading before Gibson arrived though.

Still if Reading want to get Holmes and McIntyre out on loan to somewhere where they will more likely get regular starts, and help the management at Reading make their decisions, then there may be some legs in it.

At the end of the day Reading will want players that are capable of playing PL football, judging that for most youngsters starting their way in the game must be one of the harder things to do but I presume the club will take the best opportunities they can as they arise - after all most clubs don’t wait until they have to recruit for a position.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Oct 2020 14:38

In the short term this seems unnecessary. McIntyre and Holmes look ready for a bigger role at this level and we have Gibson on loan.

But we may be looking further ahead; Morrison is approaching 33 after all. Maybe McIntyre will step in the next year or so, and they’re looking for another young option to fill in his current role. We can only speculate.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Oct 2020 15:45

Just to clarify my position, ideally, I want to see McIntyre and Holmes develop into a formidable CB pairing for Reading.

However, consider that Moore is the only 1st team defender who's contract runs beyond 2022. Whilst the priority is definitely to tie Richards and McIntyre down to new contracts, the club may be thinking longer term and looking at a future without Morrison and possibly Yiadom who will be in his 30's when his contract runs out. Throw in Paunovic's record with young players and the potential for promotion, they may be taking a longer term view. I don't think we should discount bringing in another player if the deal is right and they can improve the squad. I'll be honest, I don't know enough about Latibeaudiere to judge that so I'll leave that to our scouting team.

Or it could all be paper and agent talk.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Oct 2020 22:12

Sutekh According to the latest bits I’ve seen it’s between Reading and Norwich with interest from Championship clubs have apparently dropped away.

However Norwich have denied they’re in talks and their local paper mentions Farke’s interest in Arsenal’s William Saliba as well as the possibility of Norwich letting their rated youngster, Andrew Omobamidele, into things.

So it may well be Reading that this fella comes in esp. given the nice shiny new training set up plus VP’s apparent record of working with younger players.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is mainly agent talk based on some interest from Reading before Gibson arrived though.

Still if Reading want to get Holmes and McIntyre out on loan to somewhere where they will more likely get regular starts, and help the management at Reading make their decisions, then there may be some legs in it.

At the end of the day Reading will want players that are capable of playing PL football, judging that for most youngsters starting their way in the game must be one of the harder things to do but I presume the club will take the best opportunities they can as they arise - after all most clubs don’t wait until they have to recruit for a position.

Saliba would be one of the best defenders in the league if he dropped down, he’s already proven himself in Ligue 1. Whoever gets him will have done really well, but it would just be on loan.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2020 17:06

Hound Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Swansea. Was in that u17 WC winning team and knows cooper already

Gone to Swansea