@EddieRFC7 Twitter

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

@EddieRFC7 Twitter

by royalp-we » 10 Oct 2020 23:04

Ok mods feel free to move but...

Not only has @EddieRFC7 got loads of transfers spot on over the past few months now he’s managing to get hold of player names we have been offered to loan from PL sides; and even suggesting he knows players on the scouts / Paunos list which they are targeting.

Who on earth is this lad getting his info from :?:

TiagoIlori

Re: @EddieRFC7 Twitter

by TiagoIlori » 10 Oct 2020 23:44

If you look at the type of things he’s reporting, he’s reporting board insights and given his age, he must know a son of someone from the very top. He doesn’t get everything right(Bowen staying as a DoF for example), but it sounds like it wasn’t right because it was a board expectation for it to go through.

Exclusives before she deleted her account was arguably much more impressive, she seemed to know what was actually happening.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Oct 2020 07:48

TiagoIlori If you look at the type of things he’s reporting, he’s reporting board insights and given his age, he must know a son of someone from the very top. He doesn’t get everything right(Bowen staying as a DoF for example), but it sounds like it wasn’t right because it was a board expectation for it to go through.

Exclusives before she deleted her account was arguably much more impressive, she seemed to know what was actually happening.

Not sure the ‘son of someone on the board’ works. Lots of the info isn’t board level stuff, it’s recruitment detail. Also our board consists of a very small number of people, mostly Chinese/Thai. Not sure what our recruitment department looks like these days though !
Depending on what actual role Joorabchian has I would say it’s more likely his source is someone in Kia’s organisation.
It may even be official leaking, none of it seems damaging, he’s not leaked about unhappy players or people we want to move on but can’t.
It would be a disaster of his source was actually outed, one of those situations where as fans we’re better off not pushing it as we’ll then lose the insights.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Oct 2020 11:23

TiagoIlori If you look at the type of things he’s reporting, he’s reporting board insights and given his age, he must know a son of someone from the very top. He doesn’t get everything right(Bowen staying as a DoF for example), but it sounds like it wasn’t right because it was a board expectation for it to go through.

Wasn't Bowen offered the DoF position but decided not to take it? If so, his initial insight wasn't far wrong.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Oct 2020 11:40

Nameless

Not sure the ‘son of someone on the board’ works. Lots of the info isn’t board level stuff, it’s recruitment detail. Also our board consists of a very small number of people, mostly Chinese/Thai. Not sure what our recruitment department looks like these days though !
Depending on what actual role Joorabchian has I would say it’s more likely his source is someone in Kia’s organisation.
It may even be official leaking, none of it seems damaging, he’s not leaked about unhappy players or people we want to move on but can’t.
It would be a disaster of his source was actually outed, one of those situations where as fans we’re better off not pushing it as we’ll then lose the insights.

I'm not sure it would be 'official leaking' as I suspect it is in the club's commercial interests to drive fans towards its established official sources of information. I can't imagine the club senior management would be overly happy about some of the information being leaked.

I have a friend (not a Reading supporter) who has a good contact within the club. Through that route I hear some interesting goings on before they break in the media, if indeed they break at all. However, I can never really mention what I hear, as it could be relatively easy to trace the leak back to its source and I wouldn't want to embarrass my friend by dropping his contact in it.

I suspect that might be the reason Exclusives has dropped off the radar.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 Oct 2020 16:50

Exactly the above, my source gives me information as a friend and wouldn’t want it plastered over the internet as it’s clear where the leak would come from.

Initially I thought the incorrect Serbians name was leaked by the club to see who the leak was. I’m not sure who Eddies source is but he has targets and fees etc so I would suggest it’s recruitment or completely outside the club. But I’m pretty certain it won’t go on long term

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 11 Oct 2020 19:13

RoyalBlue

Wasn't Bowen offered the DoF position but decided not to take it? If so, his initial insight wasn't far wrong.

He was offered it, but Eddie claimed he had accepted it, then insisted he accepted but he didn’t think he would be around long term before finally saying Bowen hadn’t actually accepted it shortly after it was reported. Whatever his source is, it must’ve been expected that he’d accept it.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 11 Oct 2020 20:23

gazzer, loyal royal Exactly the above, my source gives me information as a friend and wouldn’t want it plastered over the internet as it’s clear where the leak would come from.

Initially I thought the incorrect Serbians name was leaked by the club to see who the leak was. I’m not sure who Eddies source is but he has targets and fees etc so I would suggest it’s recruitment or completely outside the club. But I’m pretty certain it won’t go on long term

Always appreciate your posts gazzer, long time itk!

That’s an interesting point you make about leaking the other Serbian manager to test the water. One thing players in talks being leaked, another thing entirely if targets and monetary info is being leaked too. We’ve nearly always operated under undisclosed amounts.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 12 Oct 2020 09:56

I'd be surprised if the sort of information the poster is supplying does not have the approval, tacit or otherwise, of the club or at the very least an agent working within the club.

The club and the agent will know full well that anything on social media gets picked up by the mainstream press and is sometimes in the club's interest to amplify. Black ops cannot be ruled out here.

If the club had not tacitly approved the information being relayed you can sure as hell expect a witch-hunt to find out who the poster is and prevent it happening. There hasn't been any whiff of that to my knowledge.

As another poster said, there hasn't been much info to my knowledge posted by the ITK Eddie that has reflected badly on the club, that is a clue.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Oct 2020 11:56

Up until a month ago, he kept his full identity hidden which made me think somebody was leaking illicitly. But now he's been increasing his profile, writing for the Chronical, doing podcasts. I agree that the club are probably okay with his ITK tweeting. Was he not also sold the same pre-Paunovic dud manager as everyone else? Suggests he's only told what they're comfortable sharing

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Oct 2020 13:02

Norfolk Royal
The club and the agent will know full well that anything on social media gets picked up by the mainstream press and is sometimes in the club's interest to amplify. Black ops cannot be ruled out here.

I have to admit that Eddie’s ex-CIA background has made me rather suspicious. Before the Chronicle he was an undercover double agent working for Sputnik News until his cover was blown by Edward Snowden. Could very easily be a false flag operative pretending to be an ITK illicit leaker while doing consulting work for one of the many shell companies associated with the club.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2020 13:36

I see it significant that in the run up to the run up to,the foreign deadline we had a flood of rumours whereas with the English deadline looming there has been nothing.
Perhaps our business is done, or perhaps Eddie has been cut out ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Oct 2020 13:46

Nameless I see it significant that in the run up to the run up to,the foreign deadline we had a flood of rumours whereas with the English deadline looming there has been nothing.

He was tweeting yesterday around premier league players not in the squad, young prem stars - thats clearly where we are heading in the market.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Oct 2020 15:03

paultheroyal
Nameless I see it significant that in the run up to the run up to,the foreign deadline we had a flood of rumours whereas with the English deadline looming there has been nothing.

He was tweeting yesterday around premier league players not in the squad, young prem stars - thats clearly where we are heading in the market.

All very general though, nothing you would describe as real info. If a young player is being touted by his club it’s not a great scoop to suggest we might be interested ! Especially if it is winger, which is the only position we might need players....

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Oct 2020 08:45

SCIAG
Norfolk Royal

I have to admit that Eddie’s ex-CIA background has made me rather suspicious. Before the Chronicle he was an undercover double agent working for Sputnik News until his cover was blown by Edward Snowden. Could very easily be a false flag operative pretending to be an ITK illicit leaker while doing consulting work for one of the many shell companies associated with the club.

Exactly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Oct 2020 09:36

WestYorksRoyal Up until a month ago, he kept his full identity hidden which made me think somebody was leaking illicitly. But now he's been increasing his profile, writing for the Chronical, doing podcasts. I agree that the club are probably okay with his ITK tweeting. Was he not also sold the same pre-Paunovic dud manager as everyone else? Suggests he's only told what they're comfortable sharing

That is based on the assumption he is using his real name though the fact he has done a video podcast suggests he isn't too worried about his identity being known.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Oct 2020 12:44

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal Up until a month ago, he kept his full identity hidden which made me think somebody was leaking illicitly. But now he's been increasing his profile, writing for the Chronical, doing podcasts. I agree that the club are probably okay with his ITK tweeting. Was he not also sold the same pre-Paunovic dud manager as everyone else? Suggests he's only told what they're comfortable sharing

That is based on the assumption he is using his real name though the fact he has done a video podcast suggests he isn't too worried about his identity being known.

That was an actor. Spies don't go on record.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Oct 2020 14:05

All getting a bit boring now, just three or so days left of the window and no real links for ages to random players we can all put down as too old, too expensive, not worth it or never in a month of Sunday’s

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 13 Oct 2020 15:18

I met the guy in charge of the club's social media output before Bristol away last season, he is a Bristol fan. He's never told me anything.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Oct 2020 21:37

O’Rourke saying Cardiff will sign Harry Wilson on loan. Someone I think would have been a good fit for us.