January window

339 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

January window

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 19:19

It's close. Will Joao have suitors? How much should we hold out for if so? How screwed would we be without him?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: January window

by muirinho » 28 Nov 2020 19:48

WestYorksRoyal It's close. Will Joao have suitors? How much should we hold out for if so? How screwed would we be without him?

Our owners so far have proved very stubborn when it comes to selling on players they rate. If we're there or there abouts in January, an awful lot of money would be needed to buy Joao.

Goes without saying that we'd be very screwed, I love Meite but he can't do the job Joao does and Puscas tries hard, but that's not his natural game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 19:50

Can’t see any player going if the owners don’t want it to happen. So Joao, Olise, Swift etc wont be going anywhere in January. Even more so if we are in the top six.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 28 Nov 2020 20:05

We could solve all our financial issues in one foul swoop if we were to sell Olise, Joao and Swift in this window, however, it wouldn't be pretty afterwards lol :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2020 20:23

Sure people will be looking at Meite, Joao, Richards and Olise. Few possible glances at Moore, Ejaria and Rino as well

Richards worries me - been class this year. Need to get him to extend. At least the others we’ll get a decent price for

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2020 20:32

WestYorksRoyal It's close. Will Joao have suitors? How much should we hold out for if so? How screwed would we be without him?

It is, yes, £20m, very

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 20:45

Current market looking at what other top strikers have gone for? Defo over 20 million as Ian says

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 28 Nov 2020 21:11

Crowbar6753 We could solve all our financial issues in one foul swoop if we were to sell Olise, Joao and Swift in this window, however, it wouldn't be pretty afterwards lol :D

Only asking as I don't know. Foul swoop or fowl swoop? Chickens are fowl and they don't do much swooping.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 28 Nov 2020 21:18

Hemenbruff Royal
Crowbar6753 We could solve all our financial issues in one foul swoop if we were to sell Olise, Joao and Swift in this window, however, it wouldn't be pretty afterwards lol :D

Only asking as I don't know. Foul swoop or fowl swoop? Chickens are fowl and they don't do much swooping.

Its a football related topic, so i thought i'd use a cheeky "Foul Swoop" in lieu of the more politically correct "Fowl Swoop" :D

I do appreciate the correction thought :lol:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Nov 2020 21:57

I do not see us keeping hold of any of Joao, Ejaria or Olise next summer even if we kept them in January which depends on whether we are still around the playoffs. All of them have bags of talent and deserve a big move if they can’t go up with us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2020 22:57

TiagoIlori I do not see us keeping hold of any of Joao, Ejaria or Olise next summer even if we kept them in January which depends on whether we are still around the playoffs. All of them have bags of talent and deserve a big move if they can’t go up with us.

There is no way all of them leave by the start of next season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2020 00:01

Snowflake Royal
TiagoIlori I do not see us keeping hold of any of Joao, Ejaria or Olise next summer even if we kept them in January which depends on whether we are still around the playoffs. All of them have bags of talent and deserve a big move if they can’t go up with us.

If they do, it’ll be for an eye watering amount of cash. £50m+ for all 3 I’d guess. But like you said, there’s no way all 3 will go in one window.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 29 Nov 2020 00:02

Snowflake Royal

Olise is definitely a goner, all the big clubs want him. Ejaria has many admirers, Eddie reported that some tried to hijack our deal for him and I’d be very surprised if they didn’t try again next summer. In regards to Joao, well finding a good striker is difficult to find and teams will pay big money for them. Karlan Grant and Ollie Watkins both left for big money last summer, summer before that Neal Maupay, Che Adams and Ollie McBurnie.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2020 00:25

Didn`t Bellingham go for £30m? that's the kind of wad we`ve got to be looking for for Olise, I believe he`s contracted till the summer of 2022, he will play at the highest level and there`s no way he will commit to stay here unless we go up with the big clubs sniffing around, having said that I don`t think the owners will let anyone go in January.
With teams feeling the pinch because of the pandemic it`s difficult to see anyone forking out huge fees. and our players won`t come cheap. or they shouldn`t.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2020 00:36

I think you underestimate our owners who blocked moves for Meite, Moore and Loader and were not exactly rushing to let Swift go. They are ambitious and will want to retain our best players.
Also Joao’s contract does not expire until summer 2023 and Ejaria summer 2024. Both have struggled to settle elsewhere and may be happy playing at a club where they feel settled and appreciated.

Of greater urgency is Omar Richards whose contract expires next summer. We really need to pin him down as he is looking like a very polished player these days.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Nov 2020 01:11

Zip

I think you underestimate our owners who blocked moves for Meite, Moore and Loader and were not exactly rushing to let Swift go. They are ambitious and will want to retain our best players.
Also Joao’s contract does not expire until summer 2023 and Ejaria summer 2024. Both have struggled to settle elsewhere and may be happy playing at a club where they feel settled and appreciated.

Of greater urgency is Omar Richards whose contract expires next summer. We really need to pin him down as he is looking like a very polished player these days.

Exactly. Plus promotion is not out of the question.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Nov 2020 11:47

Would need to be crazy money to accept key players leaving in January.

Very unlikely we’d get an adequate offer for Richards, and as he’s our only left back I’d rather hold onto him and lose him for nothing in the summer if he won’t sign a new deal.

Losing Olise would be tolerable if the fee was right, but Joao would be very hard to replace indeed.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2020 14:12

Snowflake Royal
Zip

I’d say the plan is not promotion this season, although we’ll give it a go.
I think the plan is to establish a tight group of players bought into a way of playing in order to be real contenders the following season.
Unless we finish this season we’ll adrift of the top 6 I can’t see the owners wanting to cash in on key players. They might sell in order to reinvest but they won’t do soif it weakens the team.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2020 14:21

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I think the plan is to establish a tight group of players bought into a way of playing in order to be real contenders the following season.
Unless we finish this season we’ll adrift of the top 6 I can’t see the owners wanting to cash in on key players. They might sell in order to reinvest but they won’t do soif it weakens the team.

According to SKY the owners have made it clear to Paunovic they want promotion this season

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2020 15:20

Zip
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Exactly. Plus promotion is not out of the question.

According to SKY the owners have made it clear to Paunovic they want promotion this season

Not the vibe Paunovic has been giving.
It would be incredibly gung ho to expect a brand new coach to immediately transform a struggling side into a promoted one with no major changes of personnel !
It simply doesn’thappen.....

339 posts