January window

339 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: January window

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2021 09:57

Royalwaster Is this the last window before the end of season - any emergency loans etc. after this?

Emergency loans only apply to keepers don’t they ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Feb 2021 10:11

Nameless
Royalwaster Is this the last window before the end of season - any emergency loans etc. after this?

Emergency loans only apply to keepers don’t they ?

Yep. We could of course sign any free agents after today but would be surprised if we do, as they could have signed any time up to now.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 01 Feb 2021 11:33

No Yermas Dildo for the fourth January running by the sound of it :( https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 60192?s=21

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2021 12:51

CountryRoyal I’d still like to see a striker/winger come in.

Agree we're light on the left... not too fussed about striker with Meite and Joao back.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Feb 2021 12:58

Snowflake Royal

Agree we're light on the left... not too fussed about striker with Meite and Joao back.

Talks of Gibson going back to Everton - would leave us light at LB

Still would be concerned if Laurent/Rinomhota picked up a longer term injury, not sure Semedo/Tetek could fill their boots for too long

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 01 Feb 2021 13:29

Just seen that Glenn Murray has joined Forest on a free ... could have been useful, but probably not cheap and a bit injury prone.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Feb 2021 13:34

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

Still would be concerned if Laurent/Rinomhota picked up a longer term injury, not sure Semedo/Tetek could fill their boots for too long

There will always be concerns about injuries but the balance of the squad feels about right. The squad feels tight knit and players, so far have been able to cover as needed. We would be incredibly unlucky to have an injury list like earlier in the season again where we had 7 or 8 players out. Think we could cover the loss of 3 or 4 though.

Gibson going back would be understandable but the defence has performed much better than we probably all dreamed off and no point him being here just as cover.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2021 13:37

Stranded
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Agree we're light on the left... not too fussed about striker with Meite and Joao back.

There will always be concerns about injuries but the balance of the squad feels about right. The squad feels tight knit and players, so far have been able to cover as needed. We would be incredibly unlucky to have an injury list like earlier in the season again where we had 7 or 8 players out. Think we could cover the loss of 3 or 4 though.

Gibson going back would be understandable but the defence has performed much better than we probably all dreamed off and no point him being here just as cover.

With Moore not far off fit we have McIntyre able to cover LB. With Yiadom fit we can move Holmes into the centre if needed. Gibson does seem a bit of a spare part. It might also be that him going back enables us to bring someone else in....

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Feb 2021 13:45

It doesn`t seem like previous windows to me, we have a strong squad but the match day bench still looks a bit thin, injuries can happen to any team but a few in key positions could leave us struggling having said that I`m confident in what we have, I don't think we will have anyone coming in.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Feb 2021 13:57

Think our matchday squad looked thin as we had a huge injury crisis. Esteves, Yiadom, Metie Aluko and Semedo were all on the bench for Bournemouth. Puscas and Moore are still to come back too. All i am sure people agree that they are not too out of place in the starting line up.
We may lose Gibson - but Bristow can come in temporarily. But we do have other options at left back in Tmac + Yiadom.

Fairly content with how the bench would look next week.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Feb 2021 14:50

Royalwaster Just seen that Glenn Murray has joined Forest on a free ... could have been useful, but probably not cheap and a bit injury prone.

has aged badly and his legs are gone, no thanks

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Feb 2021 14:57

lol did a Derby fan post that picture?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Feb 2021 15:08

Presumably it is the Hughton connection at Forest and signed to make sure they stay up.

For the price of maybe 4 months' wages I hope we don't regret having no suitable back-up for injury-prone Joao (or injury-prone Puscas).
Imagine doing brilliantly to finish the season in 3rd and then go into the play-offs with Baldock up front.

In theory our midfielders should create chances for strikers who play differently than Joao but the big target man has become such a key player in our successful method that I do feel that we should have brought in cover.
Meite is wasted in that position and awkward there when compared with when he is running out wide.

Am not too worried about other positions but, as we have discussed often on here, a speedy winger would have been a useful impact option when our normal method isn't working.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 01 Feb 2021 15:48

quite a big ask to get someone in mid season who would hit the ground running, without much first team football (until joao gets injured) who is a good bet to be near the same level as him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Feb 2021 15:49

Stranded
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Agree we're light on the left... not too fussed about striker with Meite and Joao back.

Agreed - the big squad we had last year was something I disagreed with, was something like 28 first team players (10 missing out the squad entirely each week) - can’t be good for morale across the group

I just think we may be in a spot of bother if Rino/Laurent got injured for a period of time, but then that may be harsh on Semedo who hasn’t really had any game time for us in what the majority of us thought would be his position (I.e one of the two holding midfielders). I suppose we also have Araruna who can play there, did forget about him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Feb 2021 15:57

South Coast Royal Presumably it is the Hughton connection at Forest and signed to make sure they stay up.

For the price of maybe 4 months' wages I hope we don't regret having no suitable back-up for injury-prone Joao (or injury-prone Puscas).
Imagine doing brilliantly to finish the season in 3rd and then go into the play-offs with Baldock up front.

In theory our midfielders should create chances for strikers who play differently than Joao but the big target man has become such a key player in our successful method that I do feel that we should have brought in cover.
Meite is wasted in that position and awkward there when compared with when he is running out wide.

Am not too worried about other positions but, as we have discussed often on here, a speedy winger would have been a useful impact option when our normal method isn't working.

Not sure Puscas is injury prone - one long injury so far this season where he was perhaps brought back too early

Only recall him being out injured for a few games last season too

Agree with Meite, much better running towards their goal rather than holding it up although you’d say he’s a better option for the lone striker role than Baldock is if it came to that

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Feb 2021 16:42

Maneki Neko quite a big ask to get someone in mid season who would hit the ground running, without much first team football (until joao gets injured) who is a good bet to be near the same level as him

You would hope that the club would have been considering this-doesn't have to be as good as Joao just somebody who plays in the same way.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2021 16:44

Agree with Stranded and Nameless, just to break down the squad a bit, I think you can see that with a bit of shuffling we've got plenty of cover.

GK: Cabral / Southwood / Walker
RB: Yiadom / Holmes / Esteves / Araruna
LB: Richards / McIntyre / Bristow / Esteves
CB: 2 of Morrison / Holmes / McIntyre / Moore
CM: 2 of Rinomhota / Laurent / Semedo / Swift / Ejaria / Tetek
AM: Swift / Olise / Ejaria / Semedo / Aluko
RF: Meite / Olise / Aluko
LF: Ejaria / Aluko / Olise / Baldock
ST: Joao / Meite / Puscas / Baldock

There's a lot of flexibility in the squad that means we don't need as many different players for each position, which means we can keep a tighter squad and people happier

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 01 Feb 2021 16:49

WoodleyRoyal
Royalwaster Just seen that Glenn Murray has joined Forest on a free ... could have been useful, but probably not cheap and a bit injury prone.

has aged badly and his legs are gone, no thanks

Kevin Spacey trying his hand at a new career

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Feb 2021 16:57

Snowflake Royal Agree with Stranded and Nameless, just to break down the squad a bit, I think you can see that with a bit of shuffling we've got plenty of cover.

GK: Cabral / Southwood / Walker
RB: Yiadom / Holmes / Esteves / Araruna
LB: Richards / McIntyre / Bristow / Esteves
CB: 2 of Morrison / Holmes / McIntyre / Moore
CM: 2 of Rinomhota / Laurent / Semedo / Swift / Ejaria / Tetek
AM: Swift / Olise / Ejaria / Semedo / Aluko
RF: Meite / Olise / Aluko
LF: Ejaria / Aluko / Olise / Baldock
ST: Joao / Meite / Puscas / Baldock

There's a lot of flexibility in the squad that means we don't need as many different players for each position, which means we can keep a tighter squad and people happier

I was unaware we were allowed to field Wimbledon goalkeepers :wink:

339 posts