Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2020 16:10

muirinho
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth Dunno. Not privy to the details.

Does it matter? If we get 15 million plus add ons that could take the deal over 20 million will you claim that isnt 20 million so you were correct?

Ok I will clarify - sub £15mil as the announced transfer. Add ons get complicated and never fully confirmed. But lets remember it was claimed that the transfer fee for Bellingham was the base. The base.

Probs take circa 10mil for him. 8 mil potentially is fine depending on sell on clauses etc

You: My base excluding sell-on clauses is £8million.

Everybody else : well look at Bellingham, it's got to be considerably more than £8m.

You - frantically trying to rewrite your own posting history, as well as reframing what everybody has said so you don't look daft later, but claiming you're "clarifying".

We see you.

The minimum I would accept is £8mil + add ons and I don't think we will get more than £15 mil. Really isn't that complicated and I'm not trying to rewrite anything.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2020 16:16

If we saw any other fan group making these outlandish claims about a promising youngster you'd all be calling them out as deluded.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 16:28

Jagermesiter1871 If we saw any other fan group making these outlandish claims about a promising youngster you'd all be calling them out as deluded.

like Birmingham and Bellingham last year :)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 22 Dec 2020 16:37

I think £10 million might well be thereabouts.

If we look at Eze (Reading reject) who went to Palace in the Summer from QPR he cost a reported £17 million.
The player had just over 100 appearances for QPR in which time he scored 20 goals in a role IIRC playing behind the front man.

Both players have similar styles and for that reason I wouldn't have thought interest from Palace, as reported, would lead to a move there.

Olise has yet to play a full season whereas, including a loan move, Eze had 3 seasons under his belt.
Eze has a good goalscoring record ( I don't know about assists).
But Olise is younger and his best could yet be to come.

Goalscoring midfielders and strikers have a premium especially if they are English (both players could qualify to play for England) so Eze's record and his longer period of regular first team football probably made him more expensive.
Add in the unknown factor of football finances going forward this season where transfer fees may be lower then I think £10 million for Olise may well be about right.

His star is shining quite brightly at the moment having had good TV exposure but many a career has been blighted by injuries so the player himself might want to go rather than wait till the end of the season when his star could be shining brighter still if we were to get promoted but conversely if we fade away and/or if he picks up a few injuries his big move could falter and might never happen.

Personally I would love him to stay and for Reading to build a team around him but who knows how the owners and the player himself see the medium term future of both player and club.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Dec 2020 08:49

Daily Mail is reporting today that Man United are signing an Ivorian teenager called Amad Diallo, 18, who currently plays for Atalanta in Italy, in a deal costing £37-million.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 Dec 2020 19:13

Leeds live confirming £8m release clause tonight

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Dec 2020 19:56

Mid Sussex Royal Leeds live confirming £8m release clause tonight

Yeah because they clearly have inside links to the club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Dec 2020 13:02

South Coast Royal I think £10 million might well be thereabouts.

If we look at Eze (Reading reject) who went to Palace in the Summer from QPR he cost a reported £17 million.
The player had just over 100 appearances for QPR in which time he scored 20 goals in a role IIRC playing behind the front man.

Both players have similar styles and for that reason I wouldn't have thought interest from Palace, as reported, would lead to a move there.

Olise has yet to play a full season whereas, including a loan move, Eze had 3 seasons under his belt.
Eze has a good goalscoring record ( I don't know about assists).
But Olise is younger and his best could yet be to come.

Goalscoring midfielders and strikers have a premium especially if they are English (both players could qualify to play for England) so Eze's record and his longer period of regular first team football probably made him more expensive.
Add in the unknown factor of football finances going forward this season where transfer fees may be lower then I think £10 million for Olise may well be about right.

His star is shining quite brightly at the moment having had good TV exposure but many a career has been blighted by injuries so the player himself might want to go rather than wait till the end of the season when his star could be shining brighter still if we were to get promoted but conversely if we fade away and/or if he picks up a few injuries his big move could falter and might never happen.

Personally I would love him to stay and for Reading to build a team around him but who knows how the owners and the player himself see the medium term future of both player and club.

Eze only really delivered the end product in his third season. Olise is doing it from the start of his second. The number of appearances really doesn't matter. It's how good they are at the time they're being signed. Olise is doing comparably to Eze, so a comparable fee is logical.

Obviously if he has a clause with an £8m release fee it doesn't matter what his value should be, we won't see more than that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Dec 2020 13:03

tidus_mi2
Mid Sussex Royal Leeds live confirming £8m release clause tonight

Yeah because they clearly have inside links to the club.

I really hate that people seem to think that some half arsed local journalists or a spotty tween on twitter can confirm anything about the goings on at a football club.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Dec 2020 13:36

Milan now being added to the list of possible suitors. Wonder if any of this is an agent spinning interest in an effort to get a new deal for Olise?

But then there’s no smoke without fire so presume there is certainly some interest from PL clubs and maybe beyond. Same with this release clause story, is it completely made up (personally I think it is) or might there be something in it?

Anyway, given the reluctance of Reading’s owners in agreeing to sell any talented player at the club I would be surprised if anyone went anywhere in January so Olise may well get another season yet. However if interest from Liverpool and Milan is true and they’re willing to spend between £10 and £20 million on Olise then I can’t see the club standing in the way of the player, especially if it’s agreed to loan him back to Reading for the remainder of the season (and may be next season as well).

Guess we’ll know for sure in January, if nothing concrete emerges in the first week or so then chances are it’s all cobblers and all Reading’ll get is a rather cheeky bid from some club towards the end of the month.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Dec 2020 11:33

You're anticipating a £2m bid from Sheffield United or Brighton then :lol:

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 26 Dec 2020 13:51

The Athletic confirms that he has an £8m release clause.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Dec 2020 14:02

Chameleon The Athletic confirms that he has an £8m release clause.

‘Reports’ rather than ‘confirms’ surely.
Unless the club, the player or his agent go public it isn’t confirmation of anything other than another journalist repeating what someone else said.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 26 Dec 2020 16:22

Are we protecting him today by not starting him?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Dec 2020 17:07

skipper Are we protecting him today by not starting him?

Yes, in the same way we have previously. He’s a kid who we don’t want to be playing every 3 or 4 days....

If we were ‘protecting’ him ahead of a move we’d not have had him involved at all.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Dec 2020 17:44

Nameless
skipper Are we protecting him today by not starting him?

Yes, in the same way we have previously. He’s a kid who we don’t want to be playing every 3 or 4 days....

If we were ‘protecting’ him ahead of a move we’d not have had him involved at all.

Also if he had an £8m release clause we'd be rinsing as much playing time out of him as we possibly could.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 19:34

The Athletic can't confirm shit.

Olise or the club can. No one else.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 26 Dec 2020 19:51

Nameless

‘Reports’ rather than ‘confirms’ surely.
Unless the club, the player or his agent go public it isn’t confirmation of anything other than another journalist repeating what someone else said.

They phrased it pretty strongly and had spoken to Bowen & Jose for the article, the former of which will have seen his contract as DoF.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Dec 2020 20:00

If there is such a clause then Reading are basically screwed in January. We shall see.

Who can Reading get as a replacement for £8m?

The EP suggested Sam Field from WBA might be a goer recently.
Last edited by Sutekh on 26 Dec 2020 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Dec 2020 20:03

Sutekh If there is such a clause then Reading are basically screwed in January. We shall see.

Who can Reading get as a replacement for £8m?

You’d think we’d get about 4 or 5 decent players for that....
Pretty disgraceful behaviour from Jose and Bowen if true, you would think both would have signed confidentiality agreements as part of any settlement after they left.

471 posts