Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Jan 2021 10:50

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Greatwesternline Everything is relative, but he's pretty raw. I dont think he is quite yet in the category of big clubs falling over themselves.

I dont think he will be good enough to play in the Champions League put it that way. he is good, but is he that good?

I think Richards is a better player, and that Laurent is actually the bigger difference for this season compared to last, not Olise.

I've been saying exactly all that for months but have been ridiculed.

Don't think anyone has ridiculed you. Richards is a fine player, but also 3 years older

GWL depends what you mean 'that good'. Who are you comparing to? He has just turned 19, the leading assist maker in the division, scored 4 goals as well. How many 18/19 year olds are even playing regularly, and here is one who is not only playing each week but being a difference maker, and winning us games.

Laurent has definitely been a major factor in our improvement this season. Mentioned before but I'm almost slightly annoyed we didnt make sure we got him this time last season when we were in for him.

Check the first 3-4 pages of this thread.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2021 10:54

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Don't think anyone has ridiculed you. Richards is a fine player, but also 3 years older

GWL depends what you mean 'that good'. Who are you comparing to? He has just turned 19, the leading assist maker in the division, scored 4 goals as well. How many 18/19 year olds are even playing regularly, and here is one who is not only playing each week but being a difference maker, and winning us games.

Laurent has definitely been a major factor in our improvement this season. Mentioned before but I'm almost slightly annoyed we didnt make sure we got him this time last season when we were in for him.

Not sure you were ridiculed as such, just disagreeing on taking 8m for him.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Jan 2021 11:00

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

Ian made me feel ridiculed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2021 11:22

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

then you probably need to take a long look at yourself.

Mirror reporting Liverpool interested in Olise today as well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2021 13:16

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

then you probably need to take a long look at yourself.

Mirror reporting Liverpool interested in Olise today as well.

Well, they have no money to spend apparently....

lolwut

by lolwut » 22 Jan 2021 13:18

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

I'm sorry Ian made you feel that way, but remember that you are in control of your emotions. I believe you can rise above Ian's dry use of the English language. Hope you feel better soon hun xo

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2021 14:34

If I know Ian like I think I know Ian, and I think I know Ian, he'll feel absolutely dreadful that he made you feel ridiculed.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Jan 2021 07:37

Surely it’s entirely possible that the release clause is true but that multiple teams have triggered it. If that’s the case Olise and his agent are well suited to sit and let said teams offer him increasingly lucrative deals until the last moment of the window.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2021 07:58

Royal Ginger Surely it’s entirely possible that the release clause is true but that multiple teams have triggered it. If that’s the case Olise and his agent are well suited to sit and let said teams offer him increasingly lucrative deals until the last moment of the window.

I think we’d have heard by now, tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2021 09:33

bcubed
Jagermesiter1871
Greatwesternline Everything is relative, but he's pretty raw. I dont think he is quite yet in the category of big clubs falling over themselves.

I dont think he will be good enough to play in the Champions League put it that way. he is good, but is he that good?

I think Richards is a better player, and that Laurent is actually the bigger difference for this season compared to last, not Olise.

But it's true Laurent is the difference. Said it several times too.

There's several notable differences. Olise, Joao and Laurent on the playing side being the major parts of it.

Olise adding goals and assists to his game has been huge and why he's getting attention. Without those we win far fewer games.
Joao playing most games and scoring in most of them is huge and why we win games.
Laurent adding a whole new dimension to midfield and making us harder to beat has been huge.

Take away any one of those three and it's a very different story.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Jan 2021 22:13

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
Jagermesiter1871

But it's true Laurent is the difference. Said it several times too.

There's several notable differences. Olise, Joao and Laurent on the playing side being the major parts of it.

Olise adding goals and assists to his game has been huge and why he's getting attention. Without those we win far fewer games.
Joao playing most games and scoring in most of them is huge and why we win games.
Laurent adding a whole new dimension to midfield and making us harder to beat has been huge.

Take away any one of those three and it's a very different story.

With Swift returning to full fitness. The best is yet to come.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Feb 2021 08:28

Well this was clearly bollocks then...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Feb 2021 08:50

Football fans in black and white views shock.

The difference is that we now have partnerships all over the pitch, we have a balanced side that complements itself and works as a unit.

Yes Laurent has been important but it’s his partnership with Rinomhota that is bringing the best out of both of them. Gives a balanced base that protects defence and enables Olise etc to do their thing and support Joao.

Point is everyone is playing their part in a balanced team.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Feb 2021 12:09

Hendo Well this was clearly bollocks then...

Unless of course Olise turned them all down, but yes I suspect your deduction is more accurate :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Feb 2021 12:12

CountryRoyal

Unless of course Olise turned them all down, but yes I suspect your deduction is more accurate :lol:

I think if anyone had triggered a clause Sky would have told us all about it."

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Feb 2021 12:14

Nameless
CountryRoyal

I think if anyone had triggered a clause Sky would have told us all about it."

Oh did they know about a release clause?

Never heard them mention it.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 27 Mar 2021 13:15

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-bayern-munich-leading-chelsea-man-city-chase-reading-starlet

Your name will also go on the list, what is it?

Don't tell 'em Olise.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Mar 2021 15:41

Orion1871 https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-bayern-munich-leading-chelsea-man-city-chase-reading-starlet

Your name will also go on the list, what is it?

Don't tell 'em Olise.

Quality levels of reporting here:
Olise is a French youth international, who is also still wanted by England, but he is out-of-contract at the Madejski Stadium this summer and has told the club he is not going to sign a new deal.

His contract expires next summer.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 27 Mar 2021 18:30

Ok, so Bayern have signed Richards to a pre contract agreement and now seem to be in pole for the future signing of Olise. As much as this all sucks, maybe we could build up some kind of mutual bond/link between both clubs.
Lets face it, Bayern are the giants of European football and not a bad team to link up with.
I would be happy with some German talent on loan with us, surly it would be a win win for both clubs, and with our academy churning out great talent over the past few years it would be an attractive proposition for Bayern.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Mar 2021 21:07

None of these journalists have a clue about Olise's contract situation, our willingness to sell and what valuation we put on him, do they? The £8m release clause was clearly bollocks and probably originated from a work experience kid playing Football Manager, otherwise why is he still here?

I assume there's interest as he's clearly talented; I expect we're open to selling as he only has 12 months on his contract left, though our owners' track record means this is far from guaranteed. £10m seems too low though, if the level of interest is as great as they say. £15m is the minimum, and even that only because of his contract situation. If we had him tied down for 3 years I'd say £20m - £25m.

471 posts