Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Jan 2021 11:17

Pepe the Horseman
Sutekh Well Michael’s saying the right things and basically I don’t think he’ll go be going anywhere this month other than for a weekend in Preston.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-19634521

Also, if there is no bid this month from the host of PL clubs supposedly interested, then my guess is that any tales of an circa £8m release clause might well be a load of old pods.

Would say that the fact he didn't go on on Jan 1st suggests the £8m release clause is bollocks.

Agreed. Even if he hadn't actually moved yet, we'd be hearing reports of advanced contractual negotiations somewhere. But nothing.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 16 Jan 2021 12:02

Pepe the Horseman
Sutekh Well Michael’s saying the right things and basically I don’t think he’ll go be going anywhere this month other than for a weekend in Preston.

Also, if there is no bid this month from the host of PL clubs supposedly interested, then my guess is that any tales of an circa £8m release clause might well be a load of old pods.

Would say that the fact he didn't go on on Jan 1st suggests the £8m release clause is bollocks.

Or that he's seen what's happened to lots of other promising players at top 6/7 clubs over the years, and realises that the bottom half isn't much of an upgrade either when you consider the risk in moving clubs.

But yeah, the fact that he's still here indicates that the release clause is nonsense, or he's content staying.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2021 12:56

Chameleon
Pepe the Horseman

Or that he's seen what's happened to lots of other promising players at top 6/7 clubs over the years, and realises that the bottom half isn't much of an upgrade either when you consider the risk in moving clubs.

But yeah, the fact that he's still here indicates that the release clause is nonsense, or he's content staying.

Yeh, and even if that's the case you'd think we'd have heard that xxxx has triggered the release clause only for him to be not interested in a move.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Jan 2021 13:06

Chameleon
Pepe the Horseman

He’d surely have interest from clubs where he’d be more likely to play, either here or in Germany or even, as he is still an EU national, in other countries.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jan 2021 13:46

Olise hype is hitting fever pitch. I now have friends who support Arsenal, Man Utd, Bayern, PSG and Celtic asking me about him. Twitter has spread his name everywhere.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2021 14:45

NewCorkSeth Olise hype is hitting fever pitch. I now have friends who support Arsenal, Man Utd, Bayern, PSG and Celtic asking me about him. Twitter has spread his name everywhere.

Release clause or not if Olise has any sense he will just carry on doing his best for Reading for the rest of this season and then he will have the world at his feet at the end of the season - with top clubs falling over each other to sign him.

Unless his agent is mad and badly advises him, he wont be going anywhere this month.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Jan 2021 15:20

Surely this shoulder injury has put paid to him going this month?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 21 Jan 2021 16:13

Everything is relative, but he's pretty raw. I dont think he is quite yet in the category of big clubs falling over themselves.

I dont think he will be good enough to play in the Champions League put it that way. he is good, but is he that good?

I think Richards is a better player, and that Laurent is actually the bigger difference for this season compared to last, not Olise.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 21 Jan 2021 22:19

skipper Surely this shoulder injury has put paid to him going this month?

There's no injury. It's part of the grand strategy to turn-down offers without really turning them down; clubs put off the dealing due to the "injury", meantime RFC renegotiate the contract. And he leaves in the Summer for a much larger transfer fee. :D

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Jan 2021 22:56

Greatwesternline Everything is relative, but he's pretty raw. I dont think he is quite yet in the category of big clubs falling over themselves.

I dont think he will be good enough to play in the Champions League put it that way. he is good, but is he that good?

I think Richards is a better player, and that Laurent is actually the bigger difference for this season compared to last, not Olise.

I've been saying exactly all that for months but have been ridiculed.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jan 2021 23:29

Sounds like the release clause was absolute BS.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 22 Jan 2021 00:05

Jagermesiter1871
Greatwesternline Everything is relative, but he's pretty raw. I dont think he is quite yet in the category of big clubs falling over themselves.

But it's true Laurent is the difference. Said it several times too.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 22 Jan 2021 08:58

PremAddict
skipper Surely this shoulder injury has put paid to him going this month?

There's no injury. It's part of the grand strategy to turn-down offers without really turning them down; clubs put off the dealing due to the "injury", meantime RFC renegotiate the contract. And he leaves in the Summer for a much larger transfer fee. :D

Wouldn't that be lovely?

I agree that Laurent has been the biggest difference to our squad. And to think he was just sat there as a free transfer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2021 09:32

Jagermesiter1871

Don't think anyone has ridiculed you. Richards is a fine player, but also 3 years older

GWL depends what you mean 'that good'. Who are you comparing to? He has just turned 19, the leading assist maker in the division, scored 4 goals as well. How many 18/19 year olds are even playing regularly, and here is one who is not only playing each week but being a difference maker, and winning us games.

Laurent has definitely been a major factor in our improvement this season. Mentioned before but I'm almost slightly annoyed we didnt make sure we got him this time last season when we were in for him.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2021 09:54

tidus_mi2 Sounds like the release clause was absolute BS.

:o :o :o :o but Sky Sources are always so reliable!!! :!: :!: :!: !!!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2021 10:13

Hendo

Maybe they just downloaded the latest football manager and took that as "confirmation". It exists on there.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2021 10:15

WestYorksRoyal
Hendo

Maybe they just downloaded the latest football manager and took that as "confirmation". It exists on there.

Yes, I mused that back on page 6, it is entirely possible.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2021 10:19

Laurent is 25 though and has had more time to develop. On current form and ability, I wouldn’t put Olise in our top 5 most important players, possibly not top 10.

But he has a very high ceiling, more so than players currently ahead of him. He's contributed some big moments to the season already; QPR and Bristol City in particular spring to mind. I'd say he's well worth the investment for a big club. He hasn't hit the heights of Gylfi in 09/10 yet, or the form Maddison and Eze showed prior to their moves. I do wonder if this summer could be a bit soon for him.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 22 Jan 2021 10:26

WestYorksRoyal

Laurent is 25 though and has had more time to develop. On current form and ability, I wouldn’t put Olise in our top 5 most important players, possibly not top 10.

But he has a very high ceiling, more so than players currently ahead of him. He's contributed some big moments to the season already; QPR and Bristol City in particular spring to mind. I'd say he's well worth the investment for a big club. He hasn't hit the heights of Gylfi in 09/10 yet, or the form Maddison and Eze showed prior to their moves. I do wonder if this summer could be a bit soon for him.

I suppose it comes down to my belief that people in general over adjust for someone's ceiling. Yes he is good at young 19, but i remember Aarron Lennon at 19, he never got much better. Olise is a smarter, different player to Lennon, but for many players their emergence at 20 or 21 is as good as it gets, largely.

Marcus Rashford at the same age made his debut for Man Utd, not Reading. He therefore is unlikely to be close to Rashford IMO in terms of eventual output. So i do think he's going to be the best players in a team like maybe West Ham, but i dont think he will be a Champions League player.

If he does as well as Antonio he's done well.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 22 Jan 2021 10:29

Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Don't think anyone has ridiculed you. Richards is a fine player, but also 3 years older

GWL depends what you mean 'that good'. Who are you comparing to? He has just turned 19, the leading assist maker in the division, scored 4 goals as well. How many 18/19 year olds are even playing regularly, and here is one who is not only playing each week but being a difference maker, and winning us games.

Laurent has definitely been a major factor in our improvement this season. Mentioned before but I'm almost slightly annoyed we didnt make sure we got him this time last season when we were in for him.

All true, though while some of his assists have been very good, others merely the last pass before Joao or Meite have done the hard work. See Joao's 2nd goal against Huddersfield.

He has been taking all our free kicks and not done much with them whatsoever. He does look to me to already be quite greedy. I like him a lot, but i just dont think his upper ceiling is worthy of the rave reviews he is getting.

471 posts