Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 14:22

Hound
Jagermesiter1871 Don't get me wrong I think Olise is good, very good BUT I also feel like he is massively overrated. Probs take circa 10mil for him. 8 mil potentially is fine depending on sell on clauses etc. Also think with Swift back we would probs be fine.

He has just turned 19 and is the top assist maker in the whole champ, as well as scoring 3 excellent goals (and 1 lucky one) He certainly isn't massively over rated

...over what 4 months. Lets see over a bit longer term.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2020 14:26

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871 Don't get me wrong I think Olise is good, very good BUT I also feel like he is massively overrated. Probs take circa 10mil for him. 8 mil potentially is fine depending on sell on clauses etc. Also think with Swift back we would probs be fine.

He has just turned 19 and is the top assist maker in the whole champ, as well as scoring 3 excellent goals (and 1 lucky one) He certainly isn't massively over rated

He was very good last year at times as well. Clearly the talent was there

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2020 14:29

Jagermesiter1871
Hound

I agree, let's see him do it for 10 years before we even think of selling him.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Dec 2020 14:32

Norfolk Royal
Mid Sussex Royal
Pepe the Horseman If that was correct he would already be gone.

Not necessarily - its only this season ie since the summer window closed that he's started getting national attention.

When did he sign his last contract? If a while ago sadly that size of release clause may be true

July 2019.

That worries me - can't be bothered to check but had he played for the first team before then? Probably not based on the relegation battle we had just survived.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 14:52

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

He's been dropped for games this year after poor performances. He's had a very good start but lets not get carried away.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2020 14:55

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

He's been dropped for games this year after poor performances. He's had a very good start but lets not get carried away.

Has he? He has been benched a few times (and come on) as you would an 18 year old, but he's played every game otherwise. I think its pretty much recognised, and not just by Reading fans, that he is one of, if not the best u21 in the division

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2020 15:00

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

Nah.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 17:03

Jagermesiter1871
From Despair To Where?
NewCorkSeth Has he? Wow. Who brought out the banhammer?

Happened about ten days ago. Don't know who finally did it but he'd been walking a very thin line on AE for a fair while. He'd been pretty abusive to about a dozen different posters, we're talking the majority of his input being abusive, some of it going back to last year. To be honest, AE is functioning perfectly well and a much more pleasant place without him.

And yet Karbota or however you spell is name is still allowed here....

He's mysteriously only started posting much since OMA was banned and isn't actually abusive, just trolls racism.

Have you reported him?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 18:38

Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

Has he? He has been benched a few times (and come on) as you would an 18 year old, but he's played every game otherwise. I think its pretty much recognised, and not just by Reading fans, that he is one of, if not the best u21 in the division

He had a stinker a few weeks back can't recall the game and was dropped the following. I did say he was very good don't get me wrong but it's been over the space of 3 months.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 18:42

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871

He had a stinker a few weeks back can't recall the game and was dropped the following. I did say he was very good don't get me wrong but it's been over the space of 3 months.

Wow, one bad game (wasn't even that bad).

He's just turned 19, he's tearing up the Championship and he was playing very well last season, but without the same end product.

He's an absolute star.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 18:45

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

He's just turned 19, he's tearing up the Championship and he was playing very well last season, but without the same end product.

He's an absolute star.

He is good - I've said. But he has only played 40 odd games in his whole career, many of which he was invisible.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 18:46

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

He's an absolute star.

He is good - I've said. But he has only played 40 odd games in his whole career, many of which he was invisible.

Many my arse.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Dec 2020 20:10

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Wow, one bad game (wasn't even that bad).

He's an absolute star.

Many my arse.

@ jäger If he had the level of consistency you aspire for him to have, he wouldnt have been at Reading in the first place.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 20:30

WoodleyRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Many my arse.

@ jäger If he had the level of consistency you aspire for him to have, he wouldnt have been at Reading in the first place.

I don't aspire for him to be any level. I have said he is a very good player. I just think expecting much over £10 million for a 19 year old whose played 40 games in his whole career and saying he's going to be a super star is a bit too much.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Dec 2020 21:37

Jagermesiter1871
WoodleyRoyal
Snowflake Royal Many my arse.

I don't aspire for him to be any level. I have said he is a very good player. I just think expecting much over £10 million for a 19 year old whose played 40 games in his whole career and saying he's going to be a super star is a bit too much.

Jude Bellingham played 40 odd games for Birmingham last year, got 4 goals and 3 assists, and was sold for £20million

Olise has got 4 goals and 7 assists in half the games.

What planet are you on?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2020 21:56

Pellegri aged 16 - 9 apps and 3 goals bought for 20 million.

Pato aged 17 - 10 apps and 6 goals bought for 24 million.

Vinicius Junior aged 18 - 37 apps and 7 goals bought for 40 million.

Mbappe aged 19 - 41 apps and 16 goals bought for 135 million.

Age and apps isn't what defines transfer fees. Ability does. Olise is a quality player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2020 21:59

muirinho
Jagermesiter1871
WoodleyRoyal

Jude Bellingham played 40 odd games for Birmingham last year, got 4 goals and 3 assists, and was sold for £20million

What planet are you on?

Bellingham was 25m PLUS add ons I believe. That’s the baseline. I think Olise is a better player (though obvs biased).

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 21:59

muirinho
Jagermesiter1871
WoodleyRoyal

What planet are you on?

And that wasn't bonkers?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Dec 2020 22:00

Hound
muirinho
Jagermesiter1871

What planet are you on?

Bellingham was 25m PLUS add ons I believe. That’s the baseline. I think Olise is a better player (though obvs biased).

Baseline :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2020 22:11

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
muirinho

What planet are you on?

Baseline :lol:

‘ a minimum or starting point used for comparisons’

Why is that funny?

471 posts