Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Hound » 01 Jan 2021 15:10

Stranded Although, didn't Suraez have a release clause of £20m or so in his Liverpool contract as Arsenal offered a quid more. They were told to f-off and they eventually sold him for much more to Barca, so even a release clause may mean very little.

I think he then signed a new contract getting rid of the release clause

of course nothing stopping Olise doing that - another club could offer the £8m and then Olise sign a new contract with us superseding the old one. Which I think sounds like what we are trying to get him to do now. Very much doubt he will though

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Jan 2021 15:58

ARSENAL AND CHELSEA MONITORING EFL MIDFIELDER ‘WHO CAN DO IT ALL’, says my newsfeed.

Oh-ho.

Olise? Nope, Tetek, it says.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jan 2021 16:18

LUX ARSENAL AND CHELSEA MONITORING EFL MIDFIELDER ‘WHO CAN DO IT ALL’, says my newsfeed.

Oh-ho.

He’s injured. For the record when does Tetek’s current deal expire?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jan 2021 17:32

Sutekh
LUX ARSENAL AND CHELSEA MONITORING EFL MIDFIELDER ‘WHO CAN DO IT ALL’, says my newsfeed.

Oh-ho.

He’s injured. For the record when does Tetek’s current deal expire?

This summer

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 Jan 2021 22:53

Seems like somebody at the club has totally shit the bed in the last 18 months regarding contract renewals.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 02 Jan 2021 18:13

blueroyals Seems like somebody at the club has totally shit the bed in the last 18 months regarding contract renewals.

We did not have the ability to offer new contracts last summer due to the FFP rules. Best chance of holding on to our best players is to gain promotion and then most will re-sign I expect. The only one I can see leaving in January is Olise if the reports of the release clause are true.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Jan 2021 11:04

Agree - new contracts (which will obviously increase wages significantly for our young talented academy players) are hard to offer when we’ve been needing to watch every single penny. This is where some of the FFP rules perhaps need to be changed and that wages for academy developed players are excluded or discounted to some extent. Otherwise a club close to FFP rules gets penalised by potentially losing their talent as they can’t afford to offer them the contracts they merit in the market (and also a way to right the financial issues by developing and then selling academy talent for significant sums).

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 04 Jan 2021 16:06

Wallbank confident that no-one has triggered a release clause for him so far. £8m must have been incorrect, or a decent nudge lower than what it actually is. Or an agent's ploy to get a tonne of attention on his client.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2021 14:16

Chameleon Wallbank confident that no-one has triggered a release clause for him so far. £8m must have been incorrect, or a decent nudge lower than what it actually is. Or an agent's ploy to get a tonne of attention on his client.

Not sure how in the know Eddie really is.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2021 14:30

If we have had problems agreeing a new deal for Richards because of financial constraints then this is going to apply with others including Olise.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2021 14:41

Zip If we have had problems agreeing a new deal for Richards because of financial constraints then this is going to apply with others including Olise.

difference with Olise I suppose is we could load the contract from next year. Stay here and get a big whack from July onwards.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2021 14:44

Hound
Zip If we have had problems agreeing a new deal for Richards because of financial constraints then this is going to apply with others including Olise.

difference with Olise I suppose is we could load the contract from next year. Stay here and get a big whack from July onwards.

Could we though? Surely we would need to load the back end of the contract as it is these current years where we need to cut back.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2021 14:48

Zip
Hound

Could we though? Surely we would need to load the back end of the contract as it is these current years where we need to cut back.

well not sure but assuming we'll have some cash floating about next year when Aluko and Baldock do one

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2021 16:28

Zip
Hound

This really only becomes an issue if a) there is a release clause in his current agreement and b) a club meets that clause. Obviously the club needs to talk to Michael ASAP to try and protect their investment but as he’s contracted to the end of next season there is a bit of time to play with otherwise.

Also we may find the FL scrapping FFP rules for this season given the ongoing situation, trouble is they’re unlikely to confirm that until into the close season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2021 19:09

Zip
Hound

Suspect Richards is on more than Olise, and what would be a relatively modest increase for Richards would be quite big for Olise.

When those suspect wages were published in the summer Olise was supposedly on about £2k. If that were true we could quadruple his earnings and it would probably the same as about a 50% rise for Richards.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jan 2021 19:27

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Hound

Suspect Richards is on more than Olise, and what would be a relatively modest increase for Richards would be quite big for Olise.

When those suspect wages were published in the summer Olise was supposedly on about £2k. If that were true we could quadruple his earnings and it would probably the same as about a 50% rise for Richards.

The worry is Olise could be offered far more than £8k a week these days.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Jan 2021 15:57

A very happy looking Michael Olise has been named December’s EFL Young Player of the Month!

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/j ... the-month/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2021 09:52

Well Michael’s saying the right things and basically I don’t think he’ll go be going anywhere this month other than for a weekend in Preston.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-19634521

Also, if there is no bid this month from the host of PL clubs supposedly interested, then my guess is that any tales of an circa £8m release clause might well be a load of old pods.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2021 10:27

Sutekh Well Michael’s saying the right things and basically I don’t think he’ll go be going anywhere this month other than for a weekend in Preston.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-19634521

Also, if there is no bid this month from the host of PL clubs supposedly interested, then my guess is that any tales of an circa £8m release clause might well be a load of old pods.

Would say that the fact he didn't go on on Jan 1st suggests the £8m release clause is bollocks.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2021 11:06

morganb A very happy looking Michael Olise has been named December’s EFL Young Player of the Month!

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/j ... the-month/

Happy as in brooding I feel.

471 posts