Rumour - Richards to Everton

307 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Richards to Everton

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2021 12:41

linkenholtroyal
Zip Being reported on SKY now. This looks like it’s happening. Reading sources saying FFP means we cannot offer him the deal he is worth and that the club think his value is about £15 million. A huge shame.
Not sure if true but mate saying he might be leaving for Bayern in this window for a million. I haven’t seen that in any media though.

FFP is biting us very hard. Seems counter-productive to me when clubs our size cannot offer the wages to keep a player due to financial constraints and then lose a player for nowt to a club that’s loaded.

I think it is no difference this window or the next he leaves as we will get compensation for youth training which will be approx. Million anyway. I think 2 million and take it and buy someone else from the lower leagues. Tie down McIntyre and Olise and move on.

You get no compensation if a player goes to a club in another country. It is an agreement for English football only.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Jan 2021 15:13

Stranded
linkenholtroyal
Zip Being reported on SKY now. This looks like it’s happening. Reading sources saying FFP means we cannot offer him the deal he is worth and that the club think his value is about £15 million. A huge shame.
Not sure if true but mate saying he might be leaving for Bayern in this window for a million. I haven’t seen that in any media though.

FFP is biting us very hard. Seems counter-productive to me when clubs our size cannot offer the wages to keep a player due to financial constraints and then lose a player for nowt to a club that’s loaded.

I think it is no difference this window or the next he leaves as we will get compensation for youth training which will be approx. Million anyway. I think 2 million and take it and buy someone else from the lower leagues. Tie down McIntyre and Olise and move on.

You get no compensation if a player goes to a club in another country. It is an agreement for English football only.

Almost. There is a FIFA equivalent for cross-border transfers. We would be owed €450,000 if Richards signed for Munich, while Fulham would be owed €270,000.

We would also be entitled to a share of 5% of any future international transfers, again split with Fulham.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2021 18:34

Ah ok cheers, thanks for the info.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Jan 2021 19:45

SCIAG
Stranded
linkenholtroyal I think it is no difference this window or the next he leaves as we will get compensation for youth training which will be approx. Million anyway. I think 2 million and take it and buy someone else from the lower leagues. Tie down McIntyre and Olise and move on.

Almost. There is a FIFA equivalent for cross-border transfers. We would be owed €450,000 if Richards signed for Munich, while Fulham would be owed €270,000.

We would also be entitled to a share of 5% of any future international transfers, again split with Fulham.

So did/will we get this for Danny Loader?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jan 2021 20:05

muirinho
SCIAG
Stranded

And Holsgrove presumably.
Not sure about Fridjonnsen.
Is there a requirement for us to have offered a new contract ? If a player is just released do we still get the payment (wasn’t Richards released by Fulham ?)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Jan 2021 08:07

Nameless
muirinho
SCIAG Almost. There is a FIFA equivalent for cross-border transfers. We would be owed €450,000 if Richards signed for Munich, while Fulham would be owed €270,000.

And Holsgrove presumably.
Not sure about Fridjonnsen.
Is there a requirement for us to have offered a new contract ? If a player is just released do we still get the payment (wasn’t Richards released by Fulham ?)

The fee is compensation for training and is due regardless of whether a contract is offered - in this sense it differs from the FA’s scheme. However, I have slightly misrepresented the scheme.

Training Compensation Payments are due in two circumstances:

1. If an amateur player under 23 registers as a professional for the first time in a country other than the one he was trained in, his new club owe payments to any clubs he trained for between the ages of 12 and 21 which scale depending on the stature of the new club. Richards is not an amateur player so this does not apply.

2. If a player under the age of 23 is transferred internationally then compensation is due to his previous club.

So in theory, if Bayern had poached Richards before he signed his first pro contract for us then we would have shared compensation with Fulham. But as he has signed pro terms with us, only we will be entitled to compensation. We’d only be compensated for the training we did though, so the fee quoted above should be correct.

Believe we are entitled to €720,000 for Loader (for training him for eight years between the ages of 12 and 20), probably the same amount for Holsgrove although it depends on how the Spanish FA classify their teams, and perhaps €180,000 for Sammi Fridjonsson. Axel Andresson would be about €240,000.

Sammi has had two international transfers since then. In theory we would be entitled to solidarity payments. However, I think they were both free transfers, so that’s no money for us. We were entitled to solidarity payments for Gylfi’s transfer from Hoffenheim to Spurs. I don’t believe we were entitled to them for his transfers to and from Swansea, who are obviously something of an oddity.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2021 08:34

interesting to read

What was Holsgrove's contract situation? I thought he was still under contract when he left us but might be wrong

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2021 18:34

Hound interesting to read

What was Holsgrove's contract situation? I thought he was still under contract when he left us but might be wrong

Believe so, but not sure

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2021 22:04

What I don’t understand is why we don’t appear to have offered Richards a new contract. Surely it should have been a priority?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2021 22:27

Zip What I don’t understand is why we don’t appear to have offered Richards a new contract. Surely it should have been a priority?

Could be that we know he wants at least £xx and because of ffp we haven't been able to give him that, so have been looking into ways around it before we can actually offer him anything.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2021 22:31

Pepe the Horseman
Zip What I don’t understand is why we don’t appear to have offered Richards a new contract. Surely it should have been a priority?

Could be that we know he wants at least £xx and because of ffp we haven't been able to give him that, so have been looking into ways around it before we can actually offer him anything.

It doesn’t bode well trying to keep others. Fair enough if FFP prevents us spending big on new signings but this is going to hammer us if we can’t even offer deals to our existing squad.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2021 22:37

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

It doesn’t bode well trying to keep others. Fair enough if FFP prevents us spending big on new signings but this is going to hammer us if we can’t even offer deals to our existing squad.

Complete guesswork on my part tbf, but can't see any other reason we wouldn't have offered him a contract.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2021 22:39

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
Pepe the Horseman Could be that we know he wants at least £xx and because of ffp we haven't been able to give him that, so have been looking into ways around it before we can actually offer him anything.

Complete guesswork on my part tbf, but can't see any other reason we wouldn't have offered him a contract.

I suspect it’s likely to be true. We could lose others like McIntyre. Southwood and Morrison if we are not careful.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Jan 2021 22:40

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

We've spent big and ended up with little in return. Yet have let home grown talent leave that would have adequately performed. Probably why we've been treading water. Buying success has failed miserably.

With the state of finances in the game a strong academy may well pay dividends going forward. No stars but a cohesive unit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2021 10:42

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

Things should get a lot better after this season - its just hangover from Gourlay's horrible reign

Once Baldock and Aluko go, thats a huge amount freed up. We've loads of sellable assets now if needs be

I suspect we'll go on another contract upgrade round in the summer - the like of Rino, Laurent, Holmes, McIntyre all getting a big bump

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jan 2021 11:16

Hound
Zip
Pepe the Horseman Could be that we know he wants at least £xx and because of ffp we haven't been able to give him that, so have been looking into ways around it before we can actually offer him anything.

Things should get a lot better after this season - its just hangover from Gourlay's horrible reign

Once Baldock and Aluko go, thats a huge amount freed up. We've loads of sellable assets now if needs be

I suspect we'll go on another contract upgrade round in the summer - the like of Rino, Laurent, Holmes, McIntyre all getting a big bump

Except some of those are out of contract this summer. Will they wait around to see what we offer issomeone else puts a decent 3 year deal in front of them ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2021 11:21

Nameless
Hound
Zip

Except some of those are out of contract this summer. Will they wait around to see what we offer issomeone else puts a decent 3 year deal in front of them ?

well thats obvs a concern. Richards already on his way, chance McIntyre might but hopefully not. Expect MM will hang around as he seems to like it here and can't imagine he'll fancy moving on again at his age

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 13 Jan 2021 11:24

We have to accept we are still feeling the effects of poor financial management over seasons. With Olise and Richards their contracts should of been a priority at the beginning of last season. It’s a shame but Bayern are getting a possible £12 million plus player on a free and in 18 months/2 years they decide to move him on this is what they will get back. I’m proud of the club for developing such talent but still can’t help but blame poor football know how that we are in this situation. Shows how much we need knowledgeable bodies behind the scenes. I for one cannot believe FFP have stopped us giving Richards a decent contract with promotion and buy out clauses before Bayern came in.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 13 Jan 2021 11:26

Hound
Nameless
Hound Things should get a lot better after this season - its just hangover from Gourlay's horrible reign

well thats obvs a concern. Richards already on his way, chance McIntyre might but hopefully not. Expect MM will hang around as he seems to like it here and can't imagine he'll fancy moving on again at his age

McIntyre would have to be dragged out of this club, potential future captain, seems a great role model for the kids - I am sure he would be very relaxed about contract situation as the club want hun here for the long run and he wants to be here

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2021 11:40

mikey0406
Hound
Nameless

McIntyre would have to be dragged out of this club, potential future captain, seems a great role model for the kids - I am sure he would be very relaxed about contract situation as the club want hun here for the long run and he wants to be here

Yeh, get the impression McIntrye would just keep turning up to training next season, even if we didn't offer him a new contract.

307 posts