Rumour - Lewis Morgan

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour - Lewis Morgan

by Stranded » 22 Dec 2020 12:01

Apparently we are interested in him, according to Mail Online. Scottish winger who is highly thought of in the MLS having done well for Inter Miami.

24 years old with 2 caps for Scotland.

2m fee mooted.

With this and the Seedorf rumour seems we are looking at wide men.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Lewis Morgan

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2020 13:26

Between Reading and Sheffield United if the media is to be believed.

He only moved to Inter Miami last January (from Celtic) and is in a 3 year deal.

2 full Scottish caps in 2018 v Mexico and Peru.

He’s 24 and also been at Rangers, St Mirren and loaned to Sunderland

And, yes, Inter Miami are the club David Beckham joint owns.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Dec 2020 13:48

It's an interesting one, especially if we're competing with Sheffield United, you look at it and say, do I go for half a season of Prem football and very likely be in the Championship next season or do I go for half a season of Championship football with a chance of Premier League football next season.

I suppose Sheffield United would still be the more attractive destination right now, especially with our form faltering but perhaps we would offer more regular playing time at this point.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Dec 2020 14:27

tidus_mi2 It's an interesting one, especially if we're competing with Sheffield United, you look at it and say, do I go for half a season of Prem football and very likely be in the Championship next season or do I go for half a season of Championship football with a chance of Premier League football next season.

I suppose Sheffield United would still be the more attractive destination right now, especially with our form faltering but perhaps we would offer more regular playing time at this point.

If Sheff Utd are interested then you would expect he would head there but given how poor they actually are this year then it is possible they could be on a slippery slope. Would imagine any bid from us though will rely on sales first.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 22 Dec 2020 15:08

Sheffield United don't use wingers though?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 22 Dec 2020 15:32

PistolPete Sheffield United don't use wingers though?

Nor do we. :wink:

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Dec 2020 15:33

Stranded
tidus_mi2 It's an interesting one, especially if we're competing with Sheffield United, you look at it and say, do I go for half a season of Prem football and very likely be in the Championship next season or do I go for half a season of Championship football with a chance of Premier League football next season.

If Sheff Utd are interested then you would expect he would head there but given how poor they actually are this year then it is possible they could be on a slippery slope. Would imagine any bid from us though will rely on sales first.

I imagine that money will talk in the end. Sheff utd could probably offer him at least twice, if not three times the wages.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Dec 2020 15:38

Elm Park Kid
Stranded

I imagine that money will talk in the end. Sheff utd could probably offer him at least twice, if not three times the wages.

I doubt it to be honest esp. as relegation looks pretty much nailed on there and they will likely have a salary cap to worry about next season (as will we if we don't go up)

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Dec 2020 15:50

Stranded
Elm Park Kid
Stranded

I doubt it to be honest esp. as relegation looks pretty much nailed on there and they will likely have a salary cap to worry about next season (as will we if we don't go up)

Yeah - but to be frank, that's a problem for next season for them. There's a lot of short-termist thinking in football, and they simply have the ability to offer him far more than we could right now.

Even if we had the spare cash to match a PL wage, it would cause too much upset among the rest of our squad that are not earning that kind of salary. Whilst, he would just be on average wages as Sheff Utd.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Dec 2020 23:38

Elm Park Kid
Stranded
Elm Park Kid

Yeah - but to be frank, that's a problem for next season for them. There's a lot of short-termist thinking in football, and they simply have the ability to offer him far more than we could right now.

Even if we had the spare cash to match a PL wage, it would cause too much upset among the rest of our squad that are not earning that kind of salary. Whilst, he would just be on average wages as Sheff Utd.

Chris Wilder has said they do not have any transfer budget and will be reliant on loans in January. That might just be positioning. They’ve also frankly barely signed anyone since they got promoted. Their players probably had wage rises tied to promotion but they’re not throwing money around.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2020 08:43

SCIAG
Elm Park Kid
Stranded

Chris Wilder has said they do not have any transfer budget and will be reliant on loans in January. That might just be positioning. They’ve also frankly barely signed anyone since they got promoted. Their players probably had wage rises tied to promotion but they’re not throwing money around.

Berge - £22m
Ramsdale - £18m
McBurnie - £17.5m
Brewster - £23m
Mousset - £10m
Lowe/Bogle - £10m

They've spent a fair bit to be honest, a lot of that quite recent (and on some pretty average players). they didnt go full on Fulham 2018, but add in the new contracts and wage rises etc

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1