Rumour - Cohen Bramall

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Cohen Bramall

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2021 13:43

Snowflake Royal
And it's not clear if the club fancy Southwood or not.

What you mean the Luke Southwood who was promoted to second choice keeper over a much more experienced player that the club are now reportedly about to ship out on loan to Wimbledon?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Jan 2021 14:13

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

What you mean the Luke Southwood who was promoted to second choice keeper over a much more experienced player that the club are now reportedly about to ship out on loan to Wimbledon?

Delete that last bit and insert have now shipped out on loan to Wimbledon,

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2021 15:21

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

Yeah, the one who hasn't been signed up to a new contract and is slightly ahead of a player who failed that we want shot of. And had a useless child from Everton brought in over him a year ago.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Jan 2021 15:51

I'm no expert on the pecking order of goalkeepers at the club but it seems to me that Southwood is only 2nd choice right now because he's had notably more development than Andresson or CBC, I would wager though that the club hold the latter two's potential in much higher regard.

After his successful loan spell at Exeter I could see Southwood being let go and Andresson stepping up to #2.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2021 17:24

tidus_mi2 I'm no expert on the pecking order of goalkeepers at the club but it seems to me that Southwood is only 2nd choice right now because he's had notably more development than Andresson or CBC, I would wager though that the club hold the latter two's potential in much higher regard.

After his successful loan spell at Exeter I could see Southwood being let go and Andresson stepping up to #2.

difficult to say. If we kept Rafael for one more year, Southwood could be taking over at the right time for him pretty much. Then one of the other 2 lads promoted up to number 2

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 12 Jan 2021 17:44

Hound
tidus_mi2 I'm no expert on the pecking order of goalkeepers at the club but it seems to me that Southwood is only 2nd choice right now because he's had notably more development than Andresson or CBC, I would wager though that the club hold the latter two's potential in much higher regard.

difficult to say. If we kept Rafael for one more year, Southwood could be taking over at the right time for him pretty much. Then one of the other 2 lads promoted up to number 2

Do you reckon that Rafael will only be here one more year? I can see him being here for a few more than that. And remember, we are aiming to step up to the Prem. Which of our current stock is ready for that?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2021 18:32

Dunno, I think we may either look for a cheaper alternate wage wise or he’ll want to try somewhere else

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 12 Jan 2021 18:47

Hound Dunno, I think we may either look for a cheaper alternate wage wise or he’ll want to try somewhere else

Are we really struggling that bad financially? That we can't afford to give a player that we signed since being in financial turmoil, a new contract? Especially if we're potentially going up?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2021 19:20

skipper
Hound Dunno, I think we may either look for a cheaper alternate wage wise or he’ll want to try somewhere else

Are we really struggling that bad financially? That we can't afford to give a player that we signed since being in financial turmoil, a new contract? Especially if we're potentially going up?

If we went up I think we’d want better than him

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Jan 2021 19:41

Millsy To have a left back who actually blocks crosses, nullifies opposition right wingers and secures that side of the pitch would be a dream, I've almost forgotten what it feels like.

At least we’ve had it on the right since Gunter’s been out of the picture.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2021 19:54

Colchester fans say he is very pacy but iffy defensively. Positioning is not his greatest asset.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 Jan 2021 08:44

Woodcote Royal
Millsy To have a left back who actually blocks crosses, nullifies opposition right wingers and secures that side of the pitch would be a dream, I've almost forgotten what it feels like.

At least we’ve had it on the right since Gunter’s been out of the picture.

And to think most of that time a kid who doesn't play full-back has covered it well!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Feb 2021 11:39

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2021/feb ... 01-bramall

Lincoln City are delighted to welcome left-back Cohen Bramall to LNER Stadium on a permanent transfer from Colchester United for an undisclosed fee.