Rumour - Ilias Chair

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Ilias Chair

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2021 09:53

Reading are being reported as being interested in QPR forward Ilias Chair, 23, along with Brentford and Bournemouth.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Ilias Chair

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2021 10:05

Hopefully he’s not a La-z-boy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2021 10:25

Is he out of contract in the summer or something?

He looks a decent player; not sure where he’d fit in though currently

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Jan 2021 10:38

Hound Is he out of contract in the summer or something?

Replacement for Aluko on less wages. I still think Aluko may stay for another season on less wages but will be cover for Ejaria at LAM. Aluko will not have the offers of 15k per week that we offered him last time (reportedly). Either that or he will be off to China etc. What is scary is that 3 of our squad players (Baldock, Aluko and Walker) are on 41k per week (reportedly) 1/5 of our wage bill.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2021 10:44

Yep and all 3 will definitely be gone in the summer. No way we’ll keep Aluko - at least we’ve had some ok performances this year so it hasn’t been a total write off

Chair wouldn’t come to be cover

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2021 17:50

linkenholtroyal

Replacement for Aluko on less wages. I still think Aluko may stay for another season on less wages but will be cover for Ejaria at LAM. Aluko will not have the offers of 15k per week that we offered him last time (reportedly). Either that or he will be off to China etc. What is scary is that 3 of our squad players (Baldock, Aluko and Walker) are on 41k per week (reportedly) 1/5 of our wage bill.

41k per week? That might well be a load of old spangles given that Sam Walker is apparently just about to join Wimbledon on loan for the rest of the season (unless Reading are still paying his wages of course). However it’s probable that Wimbledon will be paying some or all of his wages which at least reduces the overheads on that contract.
Last edited by Sutekh on 10 Jan 2021 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Jan 2021 17:56

Looks like their next big thing after Eche moved to Palace (big in the sense of player rather than height-he makes Barry Bannan and Liam Kelly look tall).
Can't think we could get him but would be very pleased if we did as he looks like another playmaker who could step in if Swift or Olise were to leave..
There must be a loophole as Hound has suggested for our supposed interest.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2021 17:59

Sutekh
linkenholtroyal

41k per week? That might well be a load of old spangles given that Sam Walker is apparently just about to join Wimbledon on loan for the rest of the season (unless Reading are still paying his wages of course). However it’s probable that Wimbledon will be paying some or all of his wages which at least reduces the overheads on that contract.

Sadly I suspect Walker’s share of that 41k is very small

Wouldn’t be surprised if the other two added up to near 40. They are definitely both on very high wages relatively

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2021 18:00

South Coast Royal

Looks like their next big thing after Eche moved to Palace (big in the sense of player rather than height-he makes Barry Bannan and Liam Kelly look tall).
Can't think we could get him but would be very pleased if we did as he looks like another playmaker who could step in if Swift or Olise were to leave..
There must be a loophole as Hound has suggested for our supposed interest.

QPR are prepared as, reportedly, they’re looking to re-sign Charlie Austin if WBA sign Robert Snodgrass off the Hammers.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2021 18:03

Hound
Sutekh
linkenholtroyal Replacement for Aluko on less wages. I still think Aluko may stay for another season on less wages but will be cover for Ejaria at LAM. Aluko will not have the offers of 15k per week that we offered him last time (reportedly). Either that or he will be off to China etc. What is scary is that 3 of our squad players (Baldock, Aluko and Walker) are on 41k per week (reportedly) 1/5 of our wage bill.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the other two added up to near 40. They are definitely both on very high wages relatively

Well it all helps. At least there’s just slightly less than 6 months left on Baldock and Aluko’s deals.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Jan 2021 23:09

Hound
Sutekh
linkenholtroyal Replacement for Aluko on less wages. I still think Aluko may stay for another season on less wages but will be cover for Ejaria at LAM. Aluko will not have the offers of 15k per week that we offered him last time (reportedly). Either that or he will be off to China etc. What is scary is that 3 of our squad players (Baldock, Aluko and Walker) are on 41k per week (reportedly) 1/5 of our wage bill.

Supposedly Baldock 21.5k, Aluko 15k and Walker 4.5k

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2021 23:33

Hound
Sutekh

That maths just doesn't work for me. Firstly the idea Walker would be on £40k is ludicrous, but as you say I don't think anyone is suggesting it's each.

But combined would mean they average less than £15k each. Walker 8 to 10 maybe, but I struggle to see either Aluko or Baldock on much less than 20 each.

Then there's the idea that 40k a week is a fifth of our wage bill. That would make our wage bill £10m. Yeah right. Last time we got figures it was £30m+.

Even at 40k each (utterly ludicrous) that's still on £30m a season.

So it's obvious nonsense.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jan 2021 10:04

Good player, can't see QPR selling him to a rival surely, would take big money.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Jan 2021 10:14

like others have said he will cost a fair whack, i am assuming that it will only happen if olise goes, and he would be the replacement funded by the sale of olise?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2021 10:29

genome Good player, can't see QPR selling him to a rival surely, would take big money.

Didn't think QPR were pushing for promotion :wink:

retro royal

by retro royal » 11 Jan 2021 11:27

Chair looked lazy in the game against us, he had some nice touches, no from me

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jan 2021 13:19

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Sutekh

That maths just doesn't work for me. Firstly the idea Walker would be on £40k is ludicrous, but as you say I don't think anyone is suggesting it's each.

But combined would mean they average less than £15k each. Walker 8 to 10 maybe, but I struggle to see either Aluko or Baldock on much less than 20 each.

Then there's the idea that 40k a week is a fifth of our wage bill. That would make our wage bill £10m. Yeah right. Last time we got figures it was £30m+.

Hello Snowflake always enjoy the back and forth, this spurious site has figures in which our players are paid per week, the more I have looked at it the more it makes sense as youth players coming into the first team or on a low wage, key players are on key money matching to wage increases and renewed contract, and the stupidly ludicrous wages all relate back to Gourlay contracts.
Link is https://footballleaguefc.com/reading-fc ... yer-wages/

They have our overall figure as £222,525 per week so £11,571,300 per year. I would say there is probably £5million per year also for staff, managers, youth players etc I am not sure if the ladies team also is on the overall wage bill. so circa 17 million per year. I would say that is probably about right I used this sheet last year and I claimed that we were losing about 40% of our wage bill last year yet again on players taken on in Gourlay era on massive wages for the club. so 30 million would have been about right last year for our wage bill. It shows how much a difference it makes to our finances offloading the players we have and we are no worse for it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2021 13:27

Its quite nice to see now that realistically we could offload all our big earners this summer if needs be. Sure there'd be takers for Moore, Swift, Rafael and the forwards. Where we'd been really screwed over previously is when we couldn't offload the likes of Gunter and McCleary along with Baldock and Aluko - prob about 5m a year which we had to keep hold of

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2021 14:10

linkenholtroyal
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Hello Snowflake always enjoy the back and forth, this spurious site has figures in which our players are paid per week, the more I have looked at it the more it makes sense as youth players coming into the first team or on a low wage, key players are on key money matching to wage increases and renewed contract, and the stupidly ludicrous wages all relate back to Gourlay contracts.
Link is https://footballleaguefc.com/reading-fc ... yer-wages/

They have our overall figure as £222,525 per week so £11,571,300 per year. I would say there is probably £5million per year also for staff, managers, youth players etc I am not sure if the ladies team also is on the overall wage bill. so circa 17 million per year. I would say that is probably about right I used this sheet last year and I claimed that we were losing about 40% of our wage bill last year yet again on players taken on in Gourlay era on massive wages for the club. so 30 million would have been about right last year for our wage bill. It shows how much a difference it makes to our finances offloading the players we have and we are no worse for it.

Not having those figures for a second. Or that site as anything other than speculation.

Apologies.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jan 2021 10:33

retro royal Chair looked lazy in the game against us, he had some nice touches, no from me

He just needs to get his feet under the table.