Rumour - Kadeem Harris

159 posts
Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Kadeem Harris

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Aug 2021 09:57

Stranded
Sutekh
linkenholtroyal Just read the interview with Pauno today by Jlow by the sounds of it still no agreement as of yet with the EFL but he is hopeful of signing players on soon. He did also say the word 'trialists' implicating there is more than one at the club not sure who else we might be looking at.

All this confusion and delay in clubs understanding exactly where they are and being able to get clarity from the FL in good time is another argument to get rid of FFP and replace it with something else.

Agree - it should be transparent really. Club x is under embargo because of y and it will only be lifted when condition z is met.

Must be a complicated issue - they clearly want to stick to the rules and give us the punishment we deserve for over spending on a grand level. But with our squad so small - some players injured or just coming back from injury they are preventing us to be competitive for an entire season.
I dont know why its taking so long to come to an agreement - I just want clarity. Right now i would take a points deduction if it would allow us to sign key players and extend contracts.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2021 10:24

Coppells Lost Coat
Stranded
Sutekh
All this confusion and delay in clubs understanding exactly where they are and being able to get clarity from the FL in good time is another argument to get rid of FFP and replace it with something else.

Agree - it should be transparent really. Club x is under embargo because of y and it will only be lifted when condition z is met.

Must be a complicated issue - they clearly want to stick to the rules and give us the punishment we deserve for over spending on a grand level. But with our squad so small - some players injured or just coming back from injury they are preventing us to be competitive for an entire season.
I dont know why its taking so long to come to an agreement - I just want clarity. Right now i would take a points deduction if it would allow us to sign key players and extend contracts.

We haven't been charged with anything as yet have we?

All we know the embargo is for a breach of FFP rules, not that we have definitely broken the 39m barrier - although likely we have - it could be another technical breach i.e. we haven't filed anything with them that they need or they have some questions over X, Y or Z as we are sailing close to the wind.

Remember the reported losses for the club don't equate to what the FFP losses are - those are likely a lot less.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Aug 2021 12:25

I expect it’s pretty clear we’ve broken FFP

Complicated by the fact that it mainly based on transgressions 3-4 years ago by a CEO who was sacked, and we’ve tried to play by the rules for the past couple of years (Puscas/Joao was a little weird but signed off by the league apparently)

We’re being punished now and probably rightfully so. Maybe the points penalty is only if you don’t do what the league asks of you etc once under embargo

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2021 07:37

Hound I expect it’s pretty clear we’ve broken FFP

Complicated by the fact that it mainly based on transgressions 3-4 years ago by a CEO who was sacked, and we’ve tried to play by the rules for the past couple of years (Puscas/Joao was a little weird but signed off by the league apparently)

We’re being punished now and probably rightfully so. Maybe the points penalty is only if you don’t do what the league asks of you etc once under embargo

We haven't tried to play by the rules for the last couple of years. Two seasons ago we were paying 211% of income in wages and lost £40m. And were under a soft embargo because the season before as soon as we made some required savings we immediately spent about £11m in transfers

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2021 07:42

Snowflake Royal

We haven't tried to play by the rules for the last couple of years. Two seasons ago we were paying 211% of income in wages and lost £40m. And were under a soft embargo because the season before as soon as we made some required savings we immediately spent about £11m in transfers

We’ve been under embargo for 2 years. The league signed off Puscas/Joao for whatever reason but they did. We’ve made no perm signings for a year

So I suspect we have played by whatever the league have asked us to do

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2021 08:04

Hound
Snowflake Royal

We’ve been under embargo for 2 years. The league signed off Puscas/Joao for whatever reason but they did. We’ve made no perm signings for a year

We signed Laurent and, I believe Ejaria, on perms last year. We've signed no one permanently for one and a half windows and that's been enforced, not choice.

The FL will have maintained the embargos precisely because when previously lifted we’ve immediately undone any good work.

This the first summer we’ve sold anyone we wanted to keep who was in contrqct, and there's an argument that wasn't our choice.

We really have done very little to help ourselves that wasn't completely enforced.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Aug 2021 08:44

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal We haven't tried to play by the rules for the last couple of years. Two seasons ago we were paying 211% of income in wages and lost £40m. And were under a soft embargo because the season before as soon as we made some required savings we immediately spent about £11m in transfers

We signed Laurent and, I believe Ejaria, on perms last year. We've signed no one permanently for one and a half windows and that's been enforced, not choice.

The FL will have maintained the embargos precisely because when previously lifted we’ve immediately undone any good work.

This the first summer we’ve sold anyone we wanted to keep who was in contrqct, and there's an argument that wasn't our choice.

We really have done very little to help ourselves that wasn't completely enforced.

Yes but even out of embargo, the EFL need to ratify deals - if they feel we are taking the piss they just don't all the deal to go through. Of the last 2 deals you mention, Laurent would be the kind of low cost deal they want us to be doing at the mo (no fee, low wage) and Ejaria, may have been impossible for them to stop as contracts had been signed (and approved by the EFL) a year beforehand.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2021 08:55

I’m guessing we could have offered contracts to all those who we’ve released if we’d wanted to. Weren’t able to offer Richards a decent contract because of the embargo. Obvs he probably wouldn’t have signed it anyway

The ejaria transfer dragged on and on didn’t it? Do wonder if lawyers were dragged into that somewhere along the line

We’ve been reduced to being at the absolute minimum to being competitive due to the restrictions in place, and arguably the restrictions cost us a proper go at the play offs last season

We’ve obviously screwed up big time but we have and will pay for it significantly in the next few seasons, points deduction or not

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Aug 2021 09:10

Hound I’m guessing we could have offered contracts to all those who we’ve released if we’d wanted to. Weren’t able to offer Richards a decent contract because of the embargo. Obvs he probably wouldn’t have signed it anyway

The ejaria transfer dragged on and on didn’t it? Do wonder if lawyers were dragged into that somewhere along the line

We’ve been reduced to being at the absolute minimum to being competitive due to the restrictions in place, and arguably the restrictions cost us a proper go at the play offs last season

We’ve obviously screwed up big time but we have and will pay for it significantly in the next few seasons, points deduction or not

I get that there has to be consequences for our over spending - but we have had 6 weeks of uncertainty. Lots of soundbites of we are working with the FL to sort it out etc. It must be a huge distraction for a lot of players.
The embargo is strangling us and is stopping us from being a competitive team for 46 games. We're 2 injuries away from not being able to have a bench.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2021 09:14

Well yes, at the moment we have Azeez and Tetek pencilled in as first team players and they’ve barely played a game

I’m sure we can get some loans and cheap freebies in before the window ends though - just what the quality of those will be like

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2021 09:21

We need to start actually selling players people want and do everything in our power to move on Moore.

And preferably at least some of Swift, Cabral, Ejaria, Joao and Meite as our probable higher earners.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Aug 2021 09:25

You mean, move on our only decent players. Or once they want a decent wage sell them on.
Need to have a bit of ambition.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Aug 2021 09:30

Coppells Lost Coat You mean, move on our only decent players. Or once they want a decent wage sell them on.
Need to have a bit of ambition.

Seemed to work well for Brentford.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Aug 2021 09:38

Hound Well yes, at the moment we have Azeez and Tetek pencilled in as first team players and they’ve barely played a game

I’m sure we can get some loans and cheap freebies in before the window ends though - just what the quality of those will be like

We have usually done well with freebies in the past and loans 50/50 successful.
Not worrying just yet, lots of teams haven't really made huge investments in their squads.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2021 09:46

Snowflake Royal We need to start actually selling players people want and do everything in our power to move on Moore.

And preferably at least some of Swift, Cabral, Ejaria, Joao and Meite as our probable higher earners.

And then we go down and are in even more of a mess. Players are worth far more in a successful team. Would anyone want Laurent or Holmes if we’d been bottom 5 last year? Doubt it.

Rafael and swift ooc end of year anyway. Doubt many will gamble on swift after his injuries last year anyway. Rafael isn’t all that so would be happy enough to see him go. No one will buy a crocked Meite. Moore I agree with but suspect no one will match his wage

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2021 10:07

Hound
Snowflake Royal We need to start actually selling players people want and do everything in our power to move on Moore.

And then we go down and are in even more of a mess. Players are worth far more in a successful team. Would anyone want Laurent or Holmes if we’d been bottom 5 last year? Doubt it.

Rafael and swift ooc end of year anyway. Doubt many will gamble on swift after his injuries last year anyway. Rafael isn’t all that so would be happy enough to see him go. No one will buy a crocked Meite. Moore I agree with but suspect no one will match his wage

We don't sort out the finance we're going down sooner or later.

We get rid of them and we have leeway to make signings.

Moore being top priority because he's top earner and we have equally good players on half or a third of his wages.

Swift barely played last season anyway.

If Joao doesn't recover his form he's not much help.

Cabral, we have three very promising young keepers.

Ejaria lacks end product and slows us down.

Meite is out for minimum 6 months anyway... obviously can't sell him in that time, but he won't be contributing much this season.

Between them that lot is about half of what our wage budget should be.

About £5m to £7m

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Aug 2021 10:26

So defeatist.
I agree on Moore, his reported contract is bleeding us dry. However;
If Swift stays fit he is a huge asset and his contributions to games are vital.
Even if joao has the same patchy form as last season - his goals keeps us up.
Ejaria has huge ability and will get better. His end product can always be improved.
We may have a couple promising keepers lined up but Cabral commands the box and organises the defence.

There is nothing to suggest that if we sell that we would be allowed to invest anyway - not to the level that we would require if one of the above leaves.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Aug 2021 12:16

You need buyers for them as well of course. Moore and Rafael I’d be ok with going for a nominal tbh, but not the others - be madness selling on the cheap. Joao scored what, 20 goals last season? Was superb for 3/4 of the year. Ejaria is whoscored rated as one of the best in the league and is an excellent all round player. Swift is as good a creative mid in the division when fit

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2021 12:26

Well until we shift a good number of them we'll be stuck only able to sign freebies on a max of £8k / £9k a week with a max senior squad of 23.

We can get far better value for money than most of them.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Aug 2021 12:41

Can't help feeling the EFL should be sorting out the FFP debacle in a fairer way. Sure, there is some merit in encouraging clubs to be run sustainably or properly, but ultimately it is the fans of the club who suffer rather than the perpetrators of rule breaking and extravagance.

The fans being the one group, possibly the players as well, who do not actually deserve any punishment.

159 posts