Rumour - Kadeem Harris

159 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: Rumour - Kadeem Harris

by TiagoIlori » 11 Mar 2021 19:40

tidus_mi2
TiagoIlori If he was 23/24 then absolutely worth a punt, but he’s 27 approaching the peak of his career and hasn’t exactly proven he is consistently of championship ability. Hard pass.

That would have applied to Joao when we signed him.

Joao had a mixed response to him leaving before they found out how much we paid, with the Harris rumours on the hand not so much.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2021 08:29

savage 4 england Would rather take a promising L1/L2 player.

Good luck finding one ready to play in our forward line for free.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Mar 2021 11:13

Definitely. The player we should be looking at is Mallik Wilks of Hull City. Surely a future Prem player

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Mar 2021 12:03

John Smith

Definitely. The player we should be looking at is Mallik Wilks of Hull City. Surely a future Prem player

His stats look promising indeed, has yet to cut it at Championship level but was still very young when he first played at that level. His wikipedia description says he is a winger/striker known for his pace, power and physicality, makes him sound a lot like Meite and I certainly wouldn't complain at having 2 players of that mould supporting Joao from the wings.

His current deal runs until 2022 so they wouldn't be in a position to command a huge fee especially if they don't get promoted this season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Mar 2021 12:55

tidus_mi2
John Smith

His stats look promising indeed, has yet to cut it at Championship level but was still very young when he first played at that level. His wikipedia description says he is a winger/striker known for his pace, power and physicality, makes him sound a lot like Meite and I certainly wouldn't complain at having 2 players of that mould supporting Joao from the wings.

His current deal runs until 2022 so they wouldn't be in a position to command a huge fee especially if they don't get promoted this season.

He'll probably go to Brentford when they sell Toney in the summer.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Mar 2021 13:41

Pepe the Horseman He'll probably go to Brentford when they sell Toney in the summer.

Might have to start supporting Brentford if they do

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Mar 2021 14:02

Wouldn't that be a crushing loss for us all, especially for Brentford.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Mar 2021 14:57

Snowflake Royal
linkenholtroyal I would prefer Callum Patterson (not being played as a striker) he is a great utility player with strength who can play everywhere but CB if we are going to raid Wednesday that would be who I would sign. But from what I have seen of Harris he is a strong pacey winger crossing is a bit meh and would have to improve but could be useful as a king of bulldozer mode with Meite and Joao if chasing the win.

Expected Paterson to be older :shock:

Decent goals record and as you say a good utility option. Not much for assists. Bit of a limited looking player and I don't really think we need utility.

Would he be free though?

No, has a contract till 2022. Patterson maybe not the finest option but in a small squad like ours having a utility player like him who will put a shift in is useful. A player who is accomplishes at RB, RWB, CM, CAM, RAM and can play as a striker (not where I would play him.) but could cover a lot of gaps as an option when players are injured. I imagine he could get 30 games a season looking at our treatment room and most common injured players

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Mar 2021 17:42

linkenholtroyal
Snowflake Royal
linkenholtroyal I would prefer Callum Patterson (not being played as a striker) he is a great utility player with strength who can play everywhere but CB if we are going to raid Wednesday that would be who I would sign. But from what I have seen of Harris he is a strong pacey winger crossing is a bit meh and would have to improve but could be useful as a king of bulldozer mode with Meite and Joao if chasing the win.

Expected Paterson to be older :shock:

Decent goals record and as you say a good utility option. Not much for assists. Bit of a limited looking player and I don't really think we need utility.

Would he be free though?

No, has a contract till 2022. Patterson maybe not the finest option but in a small squad like ours having a utility player like him who will put a shift in is useful. A player who is accomplishes at RB, RWB, CM, CAM, RAM and can play as a striker (not where I would play him.) but could cover a lot of gaps as an option when players are injured. I imagine he could get 30 games a season looking at our treatment room and most common injured players

But isn't one of the big criticisms from Wednesday fans is that half the time, he wanders around doing fcuk all? The only shift he's put in this season is at the cake factory.

Anyway, I've given Harris more thought and he strikes me as Callum Harriott Mk2.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Apr 2021 22:29

Rumour doing the rounds again, don't think there is anything new in the article

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... ssion=true

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2021 07:04

Sub appearance for him yesterday, TTE said he offered little but then I’m not sure what sort of preseason he’s had so far.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Aug 2021 11:05

From yesterday's performance, first thing of interest was even though he was a trialist he was given the no. 7 shirt (rather than a random squad number).

I kept an eye on him yesterday and he looked to have good movement but rarely received a pass. When he got the ball he looked to have a knack of hitting the ball against a Palace player and out of play. Thought he did more than Edwards (who I didn't notice when watching on the stream last week).

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 01 Aug 2021 14:14

The reality is, we can’t be picky & in our current state, this is the type of player we should be looking at.

I’d be disappointed it we had money to spend, and we were looking at him, but it’s all about bulking out the squad & I think he fits the mould.

And as others have already said, he provides something a bit different to what we’ve got…could be the type of player who’ll be able to cut the ball back for Puscas to knock in

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2021 15:55

Apparently had a half decent spell at rb once according to Wikipedia . Played cf against us last year

So definitely squad padding but could certainly be useful

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Aug 2021 16:01

I also think that I'd we were reportedly interested in him in March the we will already have a fair idea of what he brings to the table rather than just being a random we've brought in on trial a week from the start of the season to bulk out the numbers.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2021 08:58

From Despair To Where? I also think that I'd we were reportedly interested in him in March the we will already have a fair idea of what he brings to the table rather than just being a random we've brought in on trial a week from the start of the season to bulk out the numbers.

The fact he has come in now suggests we want him and are just waiting for the nod to sign him and Edwards was potentially Plan B if it didn't come off. I will be surprised if we don't get the standard scarf above head photo in the next week or two and we certainly won't be making a call based on half an hour and a couple of training sessions.

He will be a decent option, nothing ground-breaking but a good option nonetheless.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 09:38

Stranded
From Despair To Where? I also think that I'd we were reportedly interested in him in March the we will already have a fair idea of what he brings to the table rather than just being a random we've brought in on trial a week from the start of the season to bulk out the numbers.

The fact he has come in now suggests we want him and are just waiting for the nod to sign him and Edwards was potentially Plan B if it didn't come off. I will be surprised if we don't get the standard scarf above head photo in the next week or two and we certainly won't be making a call based on half an hour and a couple of training sessions.

He will be a decent option, nothing ground-breaking but a good option nonetheless.

Yeah this makes sense, once news coming in about transfer restriction being loosened. Pauno must of thought why sign plan B when i can get a player i was keen on months ago.
A good squad player - which realistically would replace Aluko in the team.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Aug 2021 10:08

Coppells Lost Coat
Stranded

Yeah this makes sense, once news coming in about transfer restriction being loosened. Pauno must of thought why sign plan B when i can get a player i was keen on months ago.

Can I be the first to say that the Sheffield Wednesday fans warned us about him?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2021 10:25

Norfolk Royal
Coppells Lost Coat
Stranded

Can I be the first to say that the Sheffield Wednesday fans warned us about him?

Just like they did with Joao?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Aug 2021 10:49

Hendo
Norfolk Royal
Coppells Lost Coat

Just like they did with Joao?

Indeed. There's a massive thread on the Owls Talk about Kadeem Harris. Not a great read for us tbf.

159 posts