Rumour - Kadeem Harris

159 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Rumour - Kadeem Harris

by Hendo » 09 Mar 2021 12:53

Reading are keeping a close eye on Sheffield Wednesday winger Kadeem Harris who is out-of-contract in the summer.
[@TelegraphSport] #readingfc

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/1369266417510547456

Wouldn't say no at all, especially if we don't go up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Kadeem Harris

by Stranded » 09 Mar 2021 13:29

Hendo
Reading are keeping a close eye on Sheffield Wednesday winger Kadeem Harris who is out-of-contract in the summer.
[@TelegraphSport] #readingfc

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/1369266417510547456

Wouldn't say no at all, especially if we don't go up.

Talented player at this level in a position we could do with in the squad - an out and out winger. Free transfers likely to be the way forward for us as well if we stay down.

Interesting* to note, if we do sign him we'll have 2 of the 3 Wednesday goalscorers from our 2019 opening day defeat.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Mar 2021 14:19

Always worth question that if he was half decent would they be bottom of the league?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Mar 2021 14:24

John Smith Always worth question that if he was half decent would they be bottom of the league?

Like why if Laurent was any good were Shrewsbury not in the champions league and surely if Joao had anything about him he would have done better than a bench spot for Wednesday....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Mar 2021 14:28

Nameless
John Smith Always worth question that if he was half decent would they be bottom of the league?

Like why if Laurent was any good were Shrewsbury not in the champions league and surely if Joao had anything about him he would have done better than a bench spot for Wednesday....

I was just asking the question. Both of those which you raised were also very valid. Shrewsbury did nearly beat Liverpool though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Mar 2021 14:35

fine if we stay down

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Mar 2021 14:57

Bit of a "meh" player isn't he?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Mar 2021 15:42

John Smith
Nameless

I was just asking the question. Both of those which you raised were also very valid. Shrewsbury did nearly beat Liverpool though.

It’s odd to respond with ‘I was just asking the question’ when someone’s answers your question. We’re you hoping no one bothered ?
I’d rather we were being smart and the hidden ‘hidden gems’ rather than paying stupid money for overrated ‘fallout of the month’type players (who you could argue are represented by Aluko )
Fine by me if we return to the days we plucked Shorey out of Orient reserves and got Shang Long on a BOGOF from Ireland !

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 09 Mar 2021 16:06

Stranded Interesting* to note, if we do sign him we'll have 2 of the 3 Wednesday goalscorers from our 2019 opening day defeat.

I wonder if footballers have any kind of recommend-a-friend scheme? As in, do we think anyone at the club has gone up to Joao and asked what do you know about Kadeem Harris as he is on our radar due to him being a winger who is available on a free at the end of the season? Or even gone to the squad as a whole and asked "Does anyone here know any good wingers"? Or it is all simply scouts and stats?

(In a similar vein to Soucek recommending Coufal to West Ham: https://greenstreethammers.com/2020/12/ ... -west-ham/ )

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Mar 2021 16:20

NewCorkSeth Bit of a "meh" player isn't he?

useful squad player, can play a number of positions. Be a fair signing on a free

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Mar 2021 16:59

morganb
Stranded Interesting* to note, if we do sign him we'll have 2 of the 3 Wednesday goalscorers from our 2019 opening day defeat.

I wonder if footballers have any kind of recommend-a-friend scheme? As in, do we think anyone at the club has gone up to Joao and asked what do you know about Kadeem Harris as he is on our radar due to him being a winger who is available on a free at the end of the season? Or even gone to the squad as a whole and asked "Does anyone here know any good wingers"? Or it is all simply scouts and stats?

(In a similar vein to Soucek recommending Coufal to West Ham: https://greenstreethammers.com/2020/12/ ... -west-ham/ )

I would imagine it’s common place. Probably as much the other way round with players talking to managers about other people with the same agent.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Mar 2021 17:14

Middlesbrough, Stoke and Watford also interested.

For those who don't know the Sheff Wed players Mr Harris is a 27 year old midfielder who has racked up 177 league appearances (10 goals) in 12 seasons with Wycombe, Cardiff (2 seasons in the PL there) and Sheffield Wednesday (plus loan spells at Barnsley and Brentford). For the record he was born in London so Watford and Reading would presumably both be reasonable home territory for him.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Mar 2021 17:30

Sutekh For those who don't know the Sheff Wed players Mr Harris is a 27 year old midfielder who has racked up 177 league appearances (10 goals) in 12 seasons with Wycombe, Cardiff (2 seasons in the PL there) and Sheffield Wednesday (plus loan spells at Barnsley and Brentford). For the record he was born in London so Watford and Reading would presumably both be reasonable home territory for him.

Ah yes, thanks for that, I suppose your provided information is for those who don't have internet, therefore, don't have access to wiki to look this riveting information up themselves. Hang on though, how would they be on this site if they didn't have access to the internet. :?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Mar 2021 17:47

NewCorkSeth Bit of a "meh" player isn't he?

Very exciting on his day, doesn't have enough of those days. But then Wednesday are having a shit season and don't really have any decent strikers left.

I think he'd be a solid Championship signing for us in a position we're likely to need to strengthen.

No goals this season, but has only started 25 games and has 3 assists. Last season played most games and got 3 goals, 4 assists. Not a standout record for a winger by any means but not awful.

As a 27 year old who's been knocking around the Championship for the last 6 or 7 years, he's hardly an up and comer or hidden gem though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Mar 2021 17:51

WoodleyRoyal
Sutekh For those who don't know the Sheff Wed players Mr Harris is a 27 year old midfielder who has racked up 177 league appearances (10 goals) in 12 seasons with Wycombe, Cardiff (2 seasons in the PL there) and Sheffield Wednesday (plus loan spells at Barnsley and Brentford). For the record he was born in London so Watford and Reading would presumably both be reasonable home territory for him.

Ah yes, thanks for that, I suppose your provided information is for those who don't have internet, therefore, don't have access to wiki to look this riveting information up themselves. Hang on though, how would they be on this site if they didn't have access to the internet. :?

Or maybe for those who don't know much about him, and don't want to have to go and google his stats before reading the rest of the thread.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Mar 2021 18:08

Underwhelming.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Mar 2021 10:05

I would prefer Callum Patterson (not being played as a striker) he is a great utility player with strength who can play everywhere but CB if we are going to raid Wednesday that would be who I would sign. But from what I have seen of Harris he is a strong pacey winger crossing is a bit meh and would have to improve but could be useful as a king of bulldozer mode with Meite and Joao if chasing the win.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Mar 2021 10:16

linkenholtroyal I would prefer Callum Patterson (not being played as a striker) he is a great utility player with strength who can play everywhere but CB if we are going to raid Wednesday that would be who I would sign. But from what I have seen of Harris he is a strong pacey winger crossing is a bit meh and would have to improve but could be useful as a king of bulldozer mode with Meite and Joao if chasing the win.

Wednesday fans of late have been describing Patterson as fat, slow and completely disinterested.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Mar 2021 10:18

Yeh Callum Paterson looks like a sunday league player. That's a terrible shout.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2021 10:20

Yeah, horrible shout on Patterson. Wouldn't look out of place in L2.

159 posts