Rumour - Kadeem Harris

159 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Kadeem Harris

by Royalwaster » 13 Aug 2021 09:49

tidus_mi2 Make of this what you will but a guy I know at the gym said he's friends with Kadeem Harris and he said he's about to sign for us, he's even been invited to watch games from a box seat courtesy of Kadeem.

Looks like your friend will have to give up on those free box seats ...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Aug 2021 10:02

Pepe the Horseman Confirmed that he's not signing. Sounds like it's the club's decision, so hopefully it means they've got someone else lined up.

Interesting. Possibly encouraging but thought he'd be a solid signing

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Aug 2021 10:42

Hound
Pepe the Horseman Confirmed that he's not signing. Sounds like it's the club's decision, so hopefully it means they've got someone else lined up.

Interesting. Possibly encouraging but thought he'd be a solid signing

Perhaps we're not going to do any permanent signings this summer and instead spend our limited budget on loans and contract renewals for existing players? Or is there a big player sale in the offing from which we can then splash the cash on better players than Harris?

Does seem strange though as Kadeem had been given number 7 in the Palace friendly and has been around the team for a couple of weeks.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Aug 2021 11:01

Royalwaster
tidus_mi2 Make of this what you will but a guy I know at the gym said he's friends with Kadeem Harris and he said he's about to sign for us, he's even been invited to watch games from a box seat courtesy of Kadeem.

Looks like your friend will have to give up on those free box seats ...

I wonder if he'll give me an update the next time I see him at the gym but he was showing me texts between himself and supposedly Kadeem and that the only thing holding up the deal was the EFL embargo.

He's an Arsenal fan so who wants him at Reading matches anyway :lol:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Aug 2021 15:38

Did we ever find out why this fell through?

bluerinse

by bluerinse » 19 Aug 2021 16:42

wasnt happy with £8.5K a week on offer, as he was earning £10K a week with Sheffield Wednesday.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Aug 2021 17:38

bluerinse wasnt happy with £8.5K a week on offer, as he was earning £10K a week with Sheffield Wednesday.

How much is he earning now?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Aug 2021 21:07

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattJoy96/st ... 8026689542
Bit of info on Kadeem Harris.

He had been told that the club were very keen on bringing him in, but then certain circumstances led to priorities changing.

These priorities are now, as you’d imagine, a striker and left-back.

What I don't get is that we've been looking for a LB for ages.

Also regarding the earlier comment about wages, thought it was publicly known what we could offer in terms of contact and money?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2021 06:29

morganb https://mobile.twitter.com/MattJoy96/status/1428438168026689542

He had been told that the club were very keen on bringing him in, but then certain circumstances led to priorities changing.

Also regarding the earlier comment about wages, thought it was publicly known what we could offer in terms of contact and money?

So the club tells a winger their priorities have changed and then immediately sign another winger?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Aug 2021 06:33

Sutekh

So the club tells a winger their priorities have changed and then immediately sign another winger?

Yep, the priority WAS him, but changed to JH

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2021 08:50

Sutekh

Well it wasn't quite immediate and we lost an attacking option in the game after Harris and us parted ways - Hoilett has been a rumoured target for a while, so maybe we went for Harris because we didn't think we could afford Hoilett but now we can as the top level wage may have been increased by the EFL or something happened?

Interesting that Harris trialled with us but Hoilett apparently just trained in the morning, did a medical straight afterwards and signed shortly after that - would suggest he has always been a preferred target.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2021 08:54

Stranded
Sutekh

Well it wasn't quite immediate and we lost an attacking option in the game after Harris and us parted ways - Hoilett has been a rumoured target for a while, so maybe we went for Harris because we didn't think we could afford Hoilett but now we can as the top level wage may have been increased by the EFL or something happened?

Interesting that Harris trialled with us but Hoilett apparently just trained in the morning, did a medical straight afterwards and signed shortly after that - would suggest he has always been a preferred target.

Also might be that Hoilett didn't actually have time to join as a trialist as he was off playing for Canada in the Gold Cup.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2021 09:07

Hendo
Stranded
Sutekh

Also might be that Hoilett didn't actually have time to join as a trialist as he was off playing for Canada in the Gold Cup.

Very possible of course but point stands that we signed him without "having a look" first. Which either means:

a) he was a solid target and we just had to wait for circumstances to allow the deal to happen or
b) it's a total panic signing based on injuries and the fact Hoilett lives 10 mins down the road.

I would like to think it's the first but who knows....

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2021 09:09

Stranded
Hendo
Stranded

Very possible of course but point stands that we signed him without "having a look" first. Which either means:

a) he was a solid target and we just had to wait for circumstances to allow the deal to happen or
b) it's a total panic signing based on injuries and the fact Hoilett lives 10 mins down the road.

Lol, very true. Hopefully it is the first, his Championship record suggests that it wasn't totally a panic signing.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Aug 2021 09:26

On paper, Hoilett's the better signing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2021 21:14

Stranded
Hendo
Stranded

Maybe we were always going to sign Hoilett, but Harris has had to be shelved.to prioritise a striker. While we continue to look at LBs

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 20 Aug 2021 21:40

From Despair To Where? On paper, Hoilett's the better signing

I thought we played on grass, not paper. Now it's goodnight from me.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Aug 2021 21:59

The Royal Forester
From Despair To Where? On paper, Hoilett's the better signing

I thought we played on grass, not paper. Now it's goodnight from me.

Hoilett paper ?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 21 Aug 2021 11:48

bluerinse wasnt happy with £8.5K a week on offer, as he was earning £10K a week with Sheffield Wednesday.

Poor sod. Maybe we should’ve offered to have a whip-round for him to make up the difference.

159 posts