RUMOUR - Yakou Meite

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Yakou Meite

by Brogue » 12 May 2021 13:15

Chairman Mao
Brogue 5 mill seems about right for a 25 year old 1 in 3 striker from the champ. Unrealistic to think we'd get anymore.

what about a 1:3 winger?
hes 1:2 this season too

Well I guess the value of the player is only what someone is prepared to pay. I take on board that in recent years players with worse stats than Meite have gone for far more. However I think this summer is a very different market than before. We shall see. But I don’t see 5 mill as being too much of a kick in the bollox

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 12 May 2021 13:59

Can't we get someone interested in Puscas instead, Puscas we can easily do without, Meite not so much so

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 12 May 2021 15:00

billybraggsbeard Can't we get someone interested in Puscas instead, Puscas we can easily do without, Meite not so much so

This.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 May 2021 15:19

Zip
URZZZZ Difficult one - certainly a player tailored to a particular style

Don't think his attributes are suited as a striker, particularly a lone striker, his work with his back to goal leaves a lot to be desired - for a guy of his stature, he goes too ground too easily

Playing off the right though, he's a handful for any defence and his scoring rate (with the exception of his first few months) has been consistently exceptional. He's also got a great work ethic and seems a very good character for the dressing room

Think he'd do well at Palace - not so sure about Watford or Brighton - although would be preferable to keep him as our most effective spell came with him in the side

He’s not good enough at hold up play for a lone striker but I still see him as a centre forward rather than in a wider role particularly if there was someone alongside him. He isn’t a good crosser with often overhit crosses. I would rather he be in the box to pick up on crosses where his aerial ability would come to the fore.

Would definitely want to keep Yaks and would be sorry to see him go but he is one of our most saleable assets and we do need to bring in the dosh.

Think he has the potential to work in a two up top but needs the right character alongside him. IIRC he had a few decent games alongside Baldock - who was good for him - but less so Puscas, little cohesion between those two, both fairly raw

One of Meite's key attributes is no matter how well/poor he plays, he still manages to deliver and has a knack of scoring important goals. Joao, Ejaria and Olise's (to a lesser extent) contributions towards the end of the season were poor - but Meite was still delivering the goods

Agree with his poor crossing, but that isn't really part of his role within the team

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 May 2021 20:40

Zip

Don't think his attributes are suited as a striker, particularly a lone striker, his work with his back to goal leaves a lot to be desired - for a guy of his stature, he goes too ground too easily

Playing off the right though, he's a handful for any defence and his scoring rate (with the exception of his first few months) has been consistently exceptional. He's also got a great work ethic and seems a very good character for the dressing room

Think he'd do well at Palace - not so sure about Watford or Brighton - although would be preferable to keep him as our most effective spell came with him in the side

He’s not good enough at hold up play for a lone striker but I still see him as a centre forward rather than in a wider role particularly if there was someone alongside him. He isn’t a good crosser with often overhit crosses. I would rather he be in the box to pick up on crosses where his aerial ability would come to the fore.

Would definitely want to keep Yaks and would be sorry to see him go but he is one of our most saleable assets and we do need to bring in the dosh.

He's not out wide to cross though. He's out wide to cut inside on the corner of the box for his stronger foot to shoot. And to attack the far post for crosses from the left where he's on the fullback not marshalled by 1 / 2 CBs.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 May 2021 20:51

Snowflake Royal
Zip

He's not out wide to cross though. He's out wide to cut inside on the corner of the box for his stronger foot to shoot. And to attack the far post for crosses from the left where he's on the fullback not marshalled by 1 / 2 CBs.

He cuts inside plenty of the time but also puts in crosses which are usually not very good. With Yids also poor at crossing we don’t get quality balls into the box.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 May 2021 22:35

Mid Sussex Royal
linkenholtroyal I would rather cash in on Olise, he is easier to replace and worth more. Meite is a player that we don’t have other options for at the moment. Nice to see Bristow has had another year aswell. At least we have a LB left at the club if Richards is gone.

How do we replace Olise's goals and assists with no money?

Swift?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 May 2021 16:51

Jagermesiter1871
Mid Sussex Royal
linkenholtroyal I would rather cash in on Olise, he is easier to replace and worth more. Meite is a player that we don’t have other options for at the moment. Nice to see Bristow has had another year aswell. At least we have a LB left at the club if Richards is gone.

Swift?
Someone assist Ejaria in pulling his finger out?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 May 2021 17:06

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Mid Sussex Royal

Swift?
Someone assist Ejaria in pulling his finger out?

Both of the above