Rumour - Josh Laurent

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Josh Laurent

by Snowflake Royal » 14 May 2021 16:50

Notts Royal
Hound there was a bit of Rino to Leeds talk I think last year

Laurent has been more stand out this year tbh. He looks class

I can see why he stood out more. But conversely there was more of a drop off in his performance level as the season went on whilst Rino is a constant 7/10

Rino just does nothing spectacular. Laurent started doing tricky footwork and taking pot shots, which catch the eye. Rino just does his job with no fuss. Which includes lots of niggly little fouls. Love em both.

Can't turn down £8m

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 14 May 2021 23:20

Zip
skipper Would love to see him at Rangers. He would absolutely win honours AND compete in the Champions League.

Cannot argue with that. Brighton... don't really offer anything except a higher wage and playing in the Prem. Not bad in itself, but Rangers has to be the more appealing offer, surely?

Not really. If he joined Brighton he would be playing in a much higher profile League, playing against much higher profile players and earning more money than he will earn in Scotland. Besides Rangers won’t go far in the Champions League.

Hmmm play in Brighton, scrape for survival

Orrrr trot across Europe playing in the Champions league, whilst guaranteeing yourself silverware in a domestic league. On a similar wage.

Tough call.

He only has to have one good season in Scotland, before making the step to the Prem.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 May 2021 23:30

skipper
Zip
skipper Would love to see him at Rangers. He would absolutely win honours AND compete in the Champions League.

Cannot argue with that. Brighton... don't really offer anything except a higher wage and playing in the Prem. Not bad in itself, but Rangers has to be the more appealing offer, surely?

Not really. If he joined Brighton he would be playing in a much higher profile League, playing against much higher profile players and earning more money than he will earn in Scotland. Besides Rangers won’t go far in the Champions League.

Hmmm play in Brighton, scrape for survival

Orrrr trot across Europe playing in the Champions league, whilst guaranteeing yourself silverware in a domestic league. On a similar wage.

Tough call.

He only has to have one good season in Scotland, before making the step to the Prem.

I can’t see Rangers coming close to what Brighton would offer him.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 15 May 2021 22:01

I think we got found out by the end of the season, and playing both Laurent and Rino as well as four other defenders left us perennially a man short on the wings and up front so I wouldn't be too disappointed to let him go. £8 million isn't enough for us to get out of Brighton though. It has to be more than £10 million. Rangers might seem superficially attractive to him, but he would have to live in Scotland and it would be a backward step - a bit like going back to Shrewsbury - in terms of the quality of the opposition.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 May 2021 00:44

Jack Celliers I think we got found out by the end of the season, and playing both Laurent and Rino as well as four other defenders left us perennially a man short on the wings and up front so I wouldn't be too disappointed to let him go. £8 million isn't enough for us to get out of Brighton though. It has to be more than £10 million. Rangers might seem superficially attractive to him, but he would have to live in Scotland and it would be a backward step - a bit like going back to Shrewsbury - in terms of the quality of the opposition.

Yep can’t see him going to Scotland.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2021 13:22

oxf*rd all chance Rangers can afford £8m for a player with one season of Champ experience.

The Championship is a richer league than the SPL and whilst Celtic and Rangers get a slice of European money, it won't be a big one.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 May 2021 22:55

Nice just to have players good enough for bigger clubs to be interested tbh. If there is any substance in this one, £8m would be excellent value.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Aug 2021 12:57

Attracting the interest of Nottingham Forest according to Alan Nixon.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2021 13:01

RG30 Attracting the interest of Nottingham Forest according to Alan Nixon.

That's nice for them.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Aug 2021 13:04

Stranded

That's nice for them.

Wouldn't dismiss this, hardly going to take a lot for them to sign him is it? Last year of his deal and must be on a reasonable wage so it is not like we are going to put up much of a fight is it? The last thing I want to do is sell Laurent but we have to be realistic and say he is probably going to go, maybe not to Forest but he'll go.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2021 13:09

NathStPaul
Stranded

That's nice for them.

Wouldn't dismiss this, hardly going to take a lot for them to sign him is it? Last year of his deal and must be on a reasonable wage so it is not like we are going to put up much of a fight is it? The last thing I want to do is sell Laurent but we have to be realistic and say he is probably going to go, maybe not to Forest but he'll go.

WE’re hardly going to give him away ! Unless we get offered the sort of money we got for Olise it’s hard to see us selling.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Aug 2021 13:11

Nameless
NathStPaul
Stranded
That's nice for them.

WE’re hardly going to give him away ! Unless we get offered the sort of money we got for Olise it’s hard to see us selling.

He has one year left on his deal, we signed him for nothing. You live in a different world if you think it is going to take £8 million to buy him. He might be worth that but we aren't going to get it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Aug 2021 13:15

Stranded

That's nice for them.

It goes without saying we cannot lose another key player but I can see them tempting him with a three year deal on significantly more money
We need to be looking to extend his current deal pretty sharpish.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2021 13:20

Zip
Stranded

That's nice for them.

It goes without saying we cannot lose another key player but I can see them tempting him with a three year deal on significantly more money
We need to be looking to extend his current deal pretty sharpish.

Of course they can tempt him with a longer deal but whilst selling is likely I find it hard to believe that we will be willing to sell a key cog of the team to a rival unless they send silly money our way - and I mean 3million plus here.

He cost us nothing, so I can see the owners being willing to risk losing him for the same rather than strengethen another side in the same division when it is not clear we can replace him.

Just my view and I could be wrong but unless Forest suddenly becomes say Brighton, then he's not going anywhere this summer.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 02 Aug 2021 13:24

Were Nottingham Forest suggesting they should sign Joao? Or was that Derby?

Ambitious, and nothing wrong with that, but it's hardly like they've been significantly bigger or better than use for a very long time. Seems bit of an odd suggestion really, that's all.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2021 13:27

I'd rather let him go on a free at the end of the season than go to a league rival now, especially if it is going to be a low offer.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Aug 2021 13:32

Hendo I'd rather let him go on a free at the end of the season than go to a league rival now, especially if it is going to be a low offer.

We need to extend his current deal to avoid losing him for nothing next summer.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 13:36

If Laurent wants to leave, then have to cash in on him now. Its not ideal but if a club comes in and offers over 3m for him AND the EFL allowing us to actually spend that money on players.
Absolutely no point selling him if we are not going to use that money on the squad.

EDIT: I think Laurent is a key player and we have to try and keep him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2021 13:40

Coppells Lost Coat If Laurent wants to leave, then have to cash in on him now. Its not ideal but if a club comes in and offers over 3m for him AND the EFL allowing us to actually spend that money on players.
Absolutely no point selling him if we are not going to use that money on the squad.

EDIT: I think Laurent is a key player and we have to try and keep him.

The key bit is any fee and how structured and if we can spend it. Anything less than 3m with at least 2 or 2.5m guaranteed should be laughed out as I honestly believe that losing him now could have a major impact in turning a middling season into a relegation battle.

We should not sell to a rival unless it is silly money.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 02 Aug 2021 13:42

Zip
Hendo I'd rather let him go on a free at the end of the season than go to a league rival now, especially if it is going to be a low offer.

We need to extend his current deal to avoid losing him for nothing next summer.

Perhaps his agent has "leaked" this story to help him get a new contract