by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2021 13:18

Needle

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Player arrested

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2021 13:33

Brogue you must be new to the internet

It's my first day, still trying to find my way around.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Jul 2021 13:53

There is a Ched Evans style flipside to this. People are very quick to judge.
Wayne Rooney had an affair with a granny
Ched Evans had 'consentual sex' which a court ruled but he spent 2 years in prison till it was overturned
Ryan Giggs slept with his brothers wife
Dont even get me started on John Terry either
all have now been forgiven

Adam Johnson deserved what he got he groomed and had sex with a minor.

I suppose if it is Gylfis it is where he fits in with this lot

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jul 2021 14:20

Ched Evans is a really bad example, he was quite happy to stir the porridge with a girl who wasn't quite pissed enough to not give consent.

He's still a predatory little pcunt and not someone if be happy to have anywhere near my club.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 20 Jul 2021 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2021 14:23

linkenholtroyal There is a Ched Evans style flipside to this. People are very quick to judge.
Ched Evans had 'consentual sex' which a court ruled but he spent 2 years in prison till it was overturned

You forgot some more closer to home - Jamie Cureton allegedly involved with the Bristol Rovers chairmans daughter which is why we got him so cheap, Nicky Forster and Daren Caskey's missus, or was it the other way round? something allegedly to do with Trevor Morely, cant remember the details and of course, Andy Bernal in the bushes. Also the Sonko stories on here.

In regard to the player in question, whilst I don't condone his alleged actions it is difficult to judge without knowing what was sent, the reasons why, the intent and whether he was aware of the recipients age..... If for example he was mislead into thinking it wasn't a child, then it's just stupidity rather than anything illegal.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 Jul 2021 14:23

linkenholtroyal There is a Ched Evans style flipside to this. People are very quick to judge.

Re Ched Evans verdict being overturned- It's virtually impossible to actually get a conviction for rape of an adult, unless the victim is left-for-dead by a stranger.
"the jury found they could not be sure, beyond reasonable doubt, that the complainant did not consent, or that Evans thought she was not consenting."
So if the jury were 99% sure she wouldn't have been able to consent AND 99% sure Evans thought she couldn't consent but went ahead anyway - they'd still have to bring in a not guilty verdict.
Quick to judge him as a rapist - maybe, maybe not.
Quick to judge him as a pr**k - nope.
I think people generally make up their minds based on the evidence presented, if there's enough there to take to court.

Johnson was convicted because he left a trail of evidence, and a minor cannot ever consent, so the jury doesn't have to decide about that. Without that trail of evidence though, it would have been her word against his - consent might not have been an issue, but credibility would have been. Again, it is hard to get a conviction, although not in the same league as rape over the age of consent.

Rooney, Giggs and Terry - activities are not criminal so the police would not be involved. Whatever the "31 year old footballer" has been accused of, it's not remotely akin to these guys.

By the by, the fact that Rooney cheated on his girlfriend/wife with sex-workers is grim- but the fact one of the sex-workers was a grandmother is pretty irrelevant. She was in her 40s as far as I remember, he wasn't having it off with a 90-year-old.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jul 2021 14:29

Not sure you can compare being arrested for child sex offences to shagging a team mate's wife. However, as mentioned on the other thread, Lucas Piazon and Graham Stack were both connected to sex offences. Think Piazon's charges were dropped, but Stack went to court and was found not guilty, so there's still hope for Gylfi.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jul 2021 14:29

It's difficult to judge without the any details but I'm inclined to think that anyone with half a brain would walk away from the situation regardless.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Jul 2021 14:35

Snowball I believe the person in question was caught in a sting by “paedo-hunters”

While totally condemning paedo actions I worry that these “hunters” may partly trick the alleged paedos with double talk etc

I have absolutely no idea of the facts of the case but I confess to being deeply shocked if it turns out to be Siggy

Last person I would have suspected

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Jul 2021 15:12

Jackson Corner My good friend who’s daughter is going out with Ben Godfrey the Everton player has confirmed it’s him and from what he knows it seems pretty conclusive he is guilty. I am in total shock he was such a nice lad. When he was here very grounded and his parents went everywhere with him. :(

Since when was Ben Godfrey 31 years old.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 20 Jul 2021 15:14

Snowball I believe the person in question was caught in a sting by “paedo-hunters”

While totally condemning paedo actions I worry that these “hunters” may partly trick the alleged paedos with double talk etc

I have absolutely no idea of the facts of the case but I confess to being deeply shocked if it turns out to be Siggy

Last person I would have suspected

The person arrested was not caught in a sting by paedo hunters.

Needle

by Needle » 20 Jul 2021 15:34

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Jul 2021 21:02

Wycombe Royal
Brogue you must be new to the internet

It's my first day, still trying to find my way around.

For your own safety leave now :D :shock:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Jul 2021 22:31

Forbury Lion

You forgot some more closer to home - Jamie Cureton allegedly involved with the Bristol Rovers chairmans daughter which is why we got him so cheap, Nicky Forster and Daren Caskey's missus, or was it the other way round? something allegedly to do with Trevor Morely, cant remember the details and of course, Andy Bernal in the bushes. Also the Sonko stories on here.

In regard to the player in question, whilst I don't condone his alleged actions it is difficult to judge without knowing what was sent, the reasons why, the intent and whether he was aware of the recipients age..... If for example he was mislead into thinking it wasn't a child, then it's just stupidity rather than anything illegal.

Sonko stories?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 21 Jul 2021 00:20

Forbury Lion I suppose if it is Gylfis it is where he fits in with this lot
You forgot some more closer to home - Jamie Cureton allegedly involved with the Bristol Rovers chairmans daughter which is why we got him so cheap.[/quote]

She wasn't under age... What the hell does that have to do with grooming minors?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 21 Jul 2021 00:22

While Brendan Rodgers was Reading Manager, he paid off a family in his street whom his son (the twat who didn't make it in the game) was sleeping with an under age girl. He bought their silence to protect his son and no doubt his own reputation.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 10:12

IF it is a current Everton player, the other guy (Delph) played for Everton 2-3 days ago
according to my journalist mates. Former RDG hero did not play.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 10:18

Second, according to Everton chat sites there have been mutterings
for MONTHS about the player being "in trouble"

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 10:24

From Everton FC Official Site

Everton can confirm that Fabian Delph will not travel with the squad to the Florida Cup in Orlando as a precautionary measure after coming into contact with someone who has since tested positive for Covid-19.

Delph, who began his preparations for the coming season on 5 July and has played in both of the Club’s practice matches – including a 1-0 victory against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday (17th) - will resume his pre-season training as soon as his period of self-isolation is over.

So the Everton 31-Year old is NOT Fabian Delph