Player arrested

tilehurstender

Player arrested

by tilehurstender » 20 Jul 2021 07:07

News channels reporting a 31 year old premiership player has been arrested and freed on bail for under age sexual texting. Player is a regular for his club and country. Rumours saying it’s Gylfi!!!! Ido hope it’s not

Needle

Re: Player arrested

by Needle » 20 Jul 2021 07:12

Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.

Gylfi. Cancelled.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jul 2021 07:42

Confirmed :shock:

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 20 Jul 2021 07:44

Do you think they'll do anything about these home shirts then? His name is in the hoops (by the Macron) logo

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 20 Jul 2021 10:12

East Stand Ste Do you think they'll do anything about these home shirts then? His name is in the hoops (by the Macron) logo

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2021 10:24

hmm very sad news

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 20 Jul 2021 10:33

PATRIQT
East Stand Ste Do you think they'll do anything about these home shirts then? His name is in the hoops (by the Macron) logo

You're right of course.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 20 Jul 2021 10:35

Confrimed https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/football-news/everton-star-gylfi-sigurdsson-suspended-over-arrest-in-alleged-child-sex-offences-case.html

Obviously innocent until proven guilty, but after the Adam Johnson furore you would really have hoped players would realise that this is a career ender

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2021 10:35

PATRIQT

In a world 9f social media on an issue like this people will jump to conclusions. Worth noting that the police need sufficient grounds to arrest, so there must be a basis for their suspicions. Unfortunately this incident will stay with him even if innocent.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 20 Jul 2021 10:45

WestYorksRoyal
PATRIQT

In a world 9f social media on an issue like this people will jump to conclusions. Worth noting that the police need sufficient grounds to arrest, so there must be a basis for their suspicions. Unfortunately this incident will stay with him even if innocent.

Headmaster at my son's school was found to have sent messages via instagram to under age female pupils and was hounded out. The messages were more naive and inappropriate than full on p***o territory - things like "you look nice in that dress" and "I really like your smile". In these days of social media and a connected society it is simply a no, regardless of how innocent or otherwise the messages might be (and of course from a moral compass view). Anything from the naive ones the headmaster sent (which of course may have led to something more sinister if they were encouraged), to Adam Johnson territory will result in the same broad brush response. Career over in all likelihood.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jul 2021 11:09

The Prisoner
WestYorksRoyal
PATRIQT

Headmaster at my son's school was found to have sent messages via instagram to under age female pupils and was hounded out. The messages were more naive and inappropriate than full on p***o territory - things like "you look nice in that dress" and "I really like your smile". In these days of social media and a connected society it is simply a no, regardless of how innocent or otherwise the messages might be (and of course from a moral compass view). Anything from the naive ones the headmaster sent (which of course may have led to something more sinister if they were encouraged), to Adam Johnson territory will result in the same broad brush response. Career over in all likelihood.

Which again begs the question as to whether anonymity of those arrested should remain unless a guilty verdict is reached.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 Jul 2021 11:28

My good friend who’s daughter is going out with Ben Godfrey the Everton player has confirmed it’s him and from what he knows it seems pretty conclusive he is guilty. I am in total shock he was such a nice lad. When he was here very grounded and his parents went everywhere with him. :(

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Jul 2021 11:31

The Prisoner
WestYorksRoyal
PATRIQT

Mate . . mate . .mate. That's awful conduct for a headmaster. Absolutely no question that the man needs to be banned from teaching.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jul 2021 11:45

we'd still have him back though, right?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Jul 2021 12:12

I believe the person in question was caught in a sting by “paedo-hunters”

While totally condemning paedo actions I worry that these “hunters” may partly trick the alleged paedos with double talk etc

I have absolutely no idea of the facts of the case but I confess to being deeply shocked if it turns out to be Siggy

Last person I would have suspected

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2021 12:36

As the player hasn't been named for legal reasons, I would suggest that his name is removed from this topic....other forums I go on have all removed his name from any posts.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 20 Jul 2021 12:43

Wycombe Royal As the player hasn't been named for legal reasons, I would suggest that his name is removed from this topic....other forums I go on have all removed his name from any posts.

Name is widely available in the media now. Take your point, but it's no secret.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 20 Jul 2021 12:44

Elm Park Kid
The Prisoner
WestYorksRoyal In a world 9f social media on an issue like this people will jump to conclusions. Worth noting that the police need sufficient grounds to arrest, so there must be a basis for their suspicions. Unfortunately this incident will stay with him even if innocent.

Mate . . mate . .mate. That's awful conduct for a headmaster. Absolutely no question that the man needs to be banned from teaching.

Yeah it was and he lost his job instantly. Was just trying to make the point (and agreeing with a previous poster) that (like everything) there are varying levels of this, and that once you cross the line - in whatever format - you are toast in the digital age.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2021 12:46

The Prisoner
Wycombe Royal As the player hasn't been named for legal reasons, I would suggest that his name is removed from this topic....other forums I go on have all removed his name from any posts.

Name is widely available in the media now. Take your point, but it's no secret.

That's irrelevant, depends if the site owner wants to take any risk....the "everyone else was doing it" excuse is a pretty lame one....

Needle

by Needle » 20 Jul 2021 13:05