George Puscas To Be Loaned Out

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: George Puscas To Be Loaned Out

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2021 08:10

We can sign players if we want. Just not necessarily the ones we want.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Jul 2021 14:51

Snowflake Royal We can sign players if we want. Just not necessarily the ones we want.

I *think* this is right - we are in a similar situation to Derby whereby we can bring in 6 month loans or players on a 1 year deal as long as we don't pay them over X. Decreases the pool of players we can or want to sign though.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 28 Jul 2021 16:48

I know there's probably hefty punishment if we get caught, but surely we say to Neil Taylor (or whoever), come player for us for £1,000 a week and we'll give your wife a job in the marketing department for £750,000pa? (Or any company that Dai wants to create unassociated with Reading FC)

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Jul 2021 17:05

PistolPete I know there's probably hefty punishment if we get caught, but surely we say to Neil Taylor (or whoever), come player for us for £1,000 a week and we'll give your wife a job in the marketing department for £750,000pa? (Or any company that Dai wants to create unassociated with Reading FC)

or maybe Select Car Leasing?....

sounds like Qatar's approach to financing PSG....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2021 19:52

PistolPete I know there's probably hefty punishment if we get caught, but surely we say to Neil Taylor (or whoever), come player for us for £1,000 a week and we'll give your wife a job in the marketing department for £750,000pa? (Or any company that Dai wants to create unassociated with Reading FC)

Or we could not be utterly corrupt and disgusting?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Jul 2021 08:45

Stranded
Snowflake Royal We can sign players if we want. Just not necessarily the ones we want.

I *think* this is right - we are in a similar situation to Derby whereby we can bring in 6 month loans or players on a 1 year deal as long as we don't pay them over X. Decreases the pool of players we can or want to sign though.

We'll probably see a few come through the door towards the end of next month when they realise they won't get a better deal elsewhere. Looks like we'll be starting with what we've got.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jul 2021 08:48

John Smith
Stranded

We'll probably see a few come through the door towards the end of next month when they realise they won't get a better deal elsewhere. Looks like we'll be starting with what we've got.

I am looking for experienced pros like Harry Arter to come in, we need that level of player available to us. There are lots of them out there and available.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jul 2021 09:19

Stranded

On the flip side, the pandemic means that's a bigger pool than it otherwise would be. Not many big transfer fees and contracts being thrown around, even in lower PL

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Jul 2021 09:20

NathStPaul
John Smith
Stranded

I am looking for experienced pros like Harry Arter to come in, we need that level of player available to us. There are lots of them out there and available.

Alas, I think we can only dream of bringing a player of his quality in. If Hughton continues to be as clueless as he was last season, though, I wonder if a loan deal might be possible...

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 30 Jul 2021 10:45

Looks like Sassuolo will lose Locatelli this summer so I assume once that deal is done there will be a new offer for Puscas. The club need to offload top earners at the club and this is a good deal for the club if we can Puscas off the wage bill.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jul 2021 11:15

gazzer, loyal royal Looks like Sassuolo will lose Locatelli this summer so I assume once that deal is done there will be a new offer for Puscas. The club need to offload top earners at the club and this is a good deal for the club if we can Puscas off the wage bill.

I thought the bid was from Salernitana not Sassuolo?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jul 2021 11:33

Stranded
gazzer, loyal royal Looks like Sassuolo will lose Locatelli this summer so I assume once that deal is done there will be a new offer for Puscas. The club need to offload top earners at the club and this is a good deal for the club if we can Puscas off the wage bill.

I thought the bid was from Salernitana not Sassuolo?

Yeah Puscas wishes it was Sassuolo.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Aug 2021 14:32

Notts Royal Signed for £6.5m 2 years ago, and now we’re willing to let him go out on loan?! Madness. Surely we’d be looking to recoup most of his value and sell him on instead?
Players only maintain/go up in value as their contract reduces if you play them and they perform well.
I imagine Jao, for example would be worth more than we paid for him as he has been played and scored loads of goals. Not sure anyone would want to pay £6.5mfor Puscas, unless the idea is to loan him out so he plays and performs well thereby increasing his perceived value to potential buyers