Rumour - Max Lowe

notloyalenuffroyal

Re: Rumour - Max Lowe

by notloyalenuffroyal » 24 Aug 2021 23:56

paultheroyal Welcome signing and all that but what is good about Max Lowe, anyone got the lowdown?

Checking out his wiki it makes quite depressing reading.

He is a left back.
We don't have one.
Therefore this would be good.
I think.
Maybe.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2021 07:34

In what way is it depressing reading?

I suppose he had a season out with a hamstring injury but that was 5 years ago before he made his debut.

Signed for Derby at 16, made his debut at 19, had a spell on loan at Shrewsbury, a season on loan in the SPL and then played 30 games in a season at Derby before being signed by a team in the Premier League.

Admittedly, he struggled with the step up and is 4th choice but he may just have something to prove and would arguably be a better option than anyone we currently have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2021 08:17

Seems like there is quite a bit of demand for him. Fact forest seem to have a loan request for him turned down doesn’t fill me with optimism this is going to happen for us

Expect other clubs can off sheff utd more wages/fee

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Aug 2021 08:34

As a previous poster said I think that he is pretty much guaranteed to be our first choice will appeal to the loaning club.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Aug 2021 08:47

I know we can sign free agents but does the EFL transfer window close on 2 September or is 31 August (premier league)?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2021 08:47

blythspartan I know we can sign free agents but does the EFL transfer window close on 2 September or is 31 August (premier league)?

Quick google suggests 2nd September.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Aug 2021 08:59

Hendo
blythspartan I know we can sign free agents but does the EFL transfer window close on 2 September or is 31 August (premier league)?

Quick google suggests 2nd September.

Cheers. I saw Cameron Archer’s hat trick for Villa yesterday. It would be good to get a player like him on a season long loan.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Aug 2021 10:38

From Despair To Where? In what way is it depressing reading?

I suppose he had a season out with a hamstring injury but that was 5 years ago before he made his debut.

Signed for Derby at 16, made his debut at 19, had a spell on loan at Shrewsbury, a season on loan in the SPL and then played 30 games in a season at Derby before being signed by a team in the Premier League.

Admittedly, he struggled with the step up and is 4th choice but he may just have something to prove and would arguably be a better option than anyone we currently have.

94 appearances since 2013 :shock:
Wilder admitted that Lowe was starting games "too early" and local media suggesting he looked "lost" and "could quickly find himself sinking without a trace.

Following defeat to Leicester City, in which Lowe was booked and subbed at half time, he lost his place in the team, only making two more league appearances (one start, one as substitute) between December and March. As a whole, Lowe made the matchday squad 33 times as Sheffield United were relegated back to the Championship after two seasons, but featured just eight times, with seven appearances from the start, and was fourth-choice full back, leading to suggestions he could leave the club

He sounds a dream.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Aug 2021 10:48

If he is as rubbish as Wikipedia makes him sound how come there is quite a bit of demand for him?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Aug 2021 11:04

morganb If he is as rubbish as Wikipedia makes him sound how come there is quite a bit of demand for him?

We dont know there is a demand. Forum talk, agent talk, its like anything. Bottom line is i bet over half of us have never heard of him before this and probably a reason for that. Number of games played in last 8 years tells you something.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2021 11:10

paultheroyal

Wilder admitted that Lowe was starting games "too early" and local media suggesting he looked "lost" and "could quickly find himself sinking without a trace.

Following defeat to Leicester City, in which Lowe was booked and subbed at half time, he lost his place in the team, only making two more league appearances (one start, one as substitute) between December and March. As a whole, Lowe made the matchday squad 33 times as Sheffield United were relegated back to the Championship after two seasons, but featured just eight times, with seven appearances from the start, and was fourth-choice full back, leading to suggestions he could leave the club

He sounds a dream.

Player making debut in the Premier League in one of the worst sides to grace the division struggling, when playing left of a midfield 5 rather than his more natural Left Back position where he did very well at Champ level the season before is hardly a shocker.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2021 11:12

paultheroyal
morganb If he is as rubbish as Wikipedia makes him sound how come there is quite a bit of demand for him?

We dont know there is a demand. Forum talk, agent talk, its like anything. Bottom line is i bet over half of us have never heard of him before this and probably a reason for that. Number of games played in last 8 years tells you something.

That for the 1st four of those he was aged 16 through 20?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2021 11:12

paultheroyal

He sounds a dream.

At a level higher than the one we're currently playing at. That "too early" comment was made after 3 games against teams who finished in the Top 5. First season at that level in a team that were frankly collectively out of their depth last season.

He was 16 in 2013 and was out for a year with an injury in 2015. From once he got fit, he had a full season in the SPL and then played 30 games in a season in the Championship. Would you be so hard on our academy players in those circumstances?

I'm not saying he's a world beater but there's always a context beyond a wiki quote if you can be bothered to look into it.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 25 Aug 2021 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Aug 2021 11:21

I want him to be a success, i hope he is a championship beater, but the hard facts which is what we have to go on is not great.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Aug 2021 11:21

Lowe only turned 24 at the end of last season. He was a regular in a decent Derby side and clearly impressed because Sheffield United signed him for a few million. So he struggled in the PL. Shrugs. He would be a decent signing for us.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2021 11:22

paultheroyal I want him to be a success, i hope he is a championship beater, but the hard facts which is what we have to go on is not great.

So you're basically assessing his career on 8 games in the Premiership in a shit side.

We're hardly swamped in options and he's as good as if not better than any other I've seen suggested.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Aug 2021 11:31

From Despair To Where?
paultheroyal I want him to be a success, i hope he is a championship beater, but the hard facts which is what we have to go on is not great.

So you're basically assessing his career on 8 games in the Premiership in a shit side.

Give over.

90+ games since 2013 is an issue in itself. I watch alot of football and he has never been on my radar or spoken about. League one and scottish prem loan moves is something Marc Mcnulty would do, bottom line it does not fill me with confidence.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2021 11:33

paultheroyal
From Despair To Where?

Give over.

90+ games since 2013 is an issue in itself. I watch alot of football and he has never been on my radar or spoken about. League one and scottish prem loan moves is something Marc Mcnulty would do, bottom line it does not fill me with confidence.

Or something like Michael Hector would do, leading him to a move to Chelsea, eventually.

Also, I'd probably stop with using 2013 as a year, seeing as he was 16 at the time and didn't make his professional debut for another 3 years.

As FDTW says, you wouldn't be so harsh on an academy product from our own club, such as Antonio for example.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Aug 2021 11:46

Antonio was clearly a talent, called early, wasted by Reading - different discussion.

All i am saying is that i am struggling to get excited, jury out. If he comes, love him to be a success, but we just seem to be celebrating fact its just "another player".

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2021 12:09

Hendo
paultheroyal
From Despair To Where?

Give over.

Or something like Michael Hector would do, leading him to a move to Chelsea, eventually.

Also, I'd probably stop with using 2013 as a year, seeing as he was 16 at the time and didn't make his professional debut for another 3 years.

As FDTW says, you wouldn't be so harsh on an academy product from our own club, such as Antonio for example.

Hector was the player I was thinking of. He played 53 games in 5 years for us and had about a dozen loans in non league and League 2 before Aberdeen. Even Sigurdsson went on loan to Crewe and Shrewsbury.

2013 is an absolute red herring. Tom Mcintyre's signed professional terms in 2016 but has only made 40 appearances in 5 years. Danny Loader, 28 in 3 years and he's done fcuk all at Porto.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 25 Aug 2021 12:16, edited 1 time in total.