Chelsea defensive midfielder on loan

122 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Chelsea defensive midfielder on loan

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2021 17:52

Royal Rother if his head is right Drinkwater could be a mouth watering signing.

FWIW after his appearance in a PSF Cheslea fans were comparing him TIC to Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta in their prime and reckoned that Tuchel must be the best manager of all time if he could do that with DD.

Let's see what Pauno can get out of him! :lol:

That's the concern................. :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 18:35

SCIAG If we want ten midfielders, then we have:
1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?
But I dunno, these don’t seem to be “sensible living within our means” transfers. TDB and Halilovic yes, maybe Hoilett. But Dann and Drinkwater seem excessive. I hope we are being sensible.

Of them, let's face it, three aren't midfielders, and of them, basically the same three are the ones that can actually play wide effectively

And you're missing Tetek, maybe Araruna as pointed out.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Sep 2021 16:31

Snowflake Royal
1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?
But I dunno, these don’t seem to be “sensible living within our means” transfers. TDB and Halilovic yes, maybe Hoilett. But Dann and Drinkwater seem excessive. I hope we are being sensible.

Of them, let's face it, three aren't midfielders, and of them, basically the same three are the ones that can actually play wide effectively

They’re all “midfielders” if we’re playing five in “midfield”. If we’re not, sure, take out Meite, Ejaria, Azeez, Hoilett, and probably Halilovic.

I don’t think there’s a role for Tetek at the club now we’ve bolstered out the squad. I don’t think these transfers make sense if Paunovic is still viewing him as a full member of the squad. Think he’s basically been relegated to the same sort of role as Abbey or Sackey - sure we have them, but they’re only going to play in a crisis.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Sep 2021 17:42

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?

They’re all “midfielders” if we’re playing five in “midfield”. If we’re not, sure, take out Meite, Ejaria, Azeez, Hoilett, and probably Halilovic.

I don’t think there’s a role for Tetek at the club now we’ve bolstered out the squad. I don’t think these transfers make sense if Paunovic is still viewing him as a full member of the squad. Think he’s basically been relegated to the same sort of role as Abbey or Sackey - sure we have them, but they’re only going to play in a crisis.

Wonder if Tetek will go to a Conference level team between now and January for a bit more game time (that isn't U23s)?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2021 18:20

Seems a waste of Tetek's potential

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Sep 2021 09:53

3points
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal Of them, let's face it, three aren't midfielders, and of them, basically the same three are the ones that can actually play wide effectively

Wonder if Tetek will go to a Conference level team between now and January for a bit more game time (that isn't U23s)?

Think a spell at Bath or Maidenhead could do him the world of good, actually. Teach him about the men’s game and so forth. He might turn out to be too good for the level, if so in January there will be plenty of League Two clubs looking to give him regular football.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 02 Sep 2021 10:08

3points
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal Of them, let's face it, three aren't midfielders, and of them, basically the same three are the ones that can actually play wide effectively

Why would a Serbian U21 international want to go as low as the Conference to get game time ? He's more likely to want out permanently in January.
https://tbrfootball.com/report-suggests ... jan-tetek/

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Sep 2021 10:36

72 bus
3points
SCIAG They’re all “midfielders” if we’re playing five in “midfield”. If we’re not, sure, take out Meite, Ejaria, Azeez, Hoilett, and probably Halilovic.

Why would a Serbian U21 international want to go as low as the Conference to get game time ? He's more likely to want out permanently in January.

Why wouldn’t he? Unless someone comes in for him from somewhere like Turkey, his options are Reading U23s or non-league.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Sep 2021 10:47

SCIAG
72 bus
3points Wonder if Tetek will go to a Conference level team between now and January for a bit more game time (that isn't U23s)?

Why wouldn’t he? Unless someone comes in for him from somewhere like Turkey, his options are Reading U23s or non-league.

Would be a great place for him to learn, it is a better league than it is given credit for.

Not sure it has been the "Conference" for about 6 years.... :|

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 02 Sep 2021 14:42

NathStPaul
SCIAG
72 bus

Would be a great place for him to learn, it is a better league than it is given credit for.

Not sure it has been the "Conference" for about 6 years.... :|

Plus all clubs bar Maidenhead and Wealdstone IIRC are Full Time anyway.

It isn't as if it is much worse then L2 standard these days.

It is a good standard, I watched the highlights on BT Sport the other day and was :shock: to see Paul Mullin at Wrexham, alongside a Mr Dave Jones formally of RFC.

I would much rather we use a team like Maidenhead as a feeder loan team then some northern club in L2 where they get the shit kicked out of them week in and week out.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 02 Sep 2021 14:43

72 bus
3points
SCIAG They’re all “midfielders” if we’re playing five in “midfield”. If we’re not, sure, take out Meite, Ejaria, Azeez, Hoilett, and probably Halilovic.

:|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Sep 2021 14:59

SCIAG
72 bus
3points Wonder if Tetek will go to a Conference level team between now and January for a bit more game time (that isn't U23s)?

Why so? I see no reason why he wouldn’t be worth a loan to a League two side.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2021 17:47

Zip
SCIAG
72 bus

Yeah, this is a youth International with 2 full and 8 sub appearances for a Championship club. Who hasn't looked out of place.

Upper L2 or lower L1 should be what we'd be looking at for a loan, not the conference.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Sep 2021 18:41

Snowflake Royal
Zip
SCIAG Why wouldn’t he? Unless someone comes in for him from somewhere like Turkey, his options are Reading U23s or non-league.

Yeah, this is a youth International with 2 full and 8 sub appearances for a Championship club. Who hasn't looked out of place.

Upper L2 or lower L1 should be what we'd be looking at for a loan, not the conference.

But, he can't go to another league club until January, but I think I am correct, he can go to a non-league club this year. Would a NATIONAL LEAGUE (not Conference) be better than playing under 23 matches, if he is not involved in the first team squad?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2021 23:37

The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal
Zip

But, he can't go to another league club until January, but I think I am correct, he can go to a non-league club this year. Would a NATIONAL LEAGUE (not Conference) be better than playing under 23 matches, if he is not involved in the first team squad?

No, not given he'd also be training with a Championship first team and getting on the bench.

If he was going to go on loan it would have been during the window and not to a conference (I don't care what it's rebranded as) club.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Sep 2021 06:44

Zip
SCIAG
72 bus

The League Two loan window is closed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2021 08:12

SCIAG
Zip
SCIAG Why wouldn’t he? Unless someone comes in for him from somewhere like Turkey, his options are Reading U23s or non-league.

We know.

Rinomhota may now also struggle to get a game. Maybe we should loan him to the conference. Can't loan him to the Championship or L1, the window is closed. :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2021 08:43

SCIAG
Zip

Then wait until January when it re-opens. Our current squad levels are the strongest they are likely to be but in a couple of months time we are bound to have more injuries so Tetek may well get game time.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Sep 2021 13:30

The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal
Zip

This was exactly my point. But maybe he's happy to stay and fight for a place while playing regularly for U23s. Who knows? Certainly none of us

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Sep 2021 16:57

South Coast Royal Wouldn't mind either Baker or Drinkwater but it seems odd (unless a midfielder is leaving) for us to be in for yet another midfielder.
If we were going to get a midfielder on loan from Chelsea I would like to see us get Faustino Anjorin who is a bit like Loftus-Cheek in physique and has been around the first team in the past year.

I know that he is on big money (he is a friend of a mate's son) but aren't all Chelsea players?

Not that we now need yet another midfielder but Faustino has chosen the delights of Moscow (Locomotiv) rather than those of South Reading.

122 posts