Chelsea defensive midfielder on loan

122 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Chelsea defensive midfielder on loan

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Aug 2021 00:10

These signings could be master strokes but the players need to have their heads screwed on

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 31 Aug 2021 00:21

I don’t think he really wants to be here, hope it gives him the reality check and motivates him to do well for us this season, we get an excellent player, he gets a good move next summer and everyone’s a winner. I hope his personal issues are behind him now he’s at a club that has in recent years developed itself a bit of a reputation for getting players on track.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 31 Aug 2021 02:07

Is he the first Premier league winner to play for Reading?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Aug 2021 03:09

Jackson Corner Is he the first Premier league winner to play for Reading?

Martin Keown

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 05:49

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2021 07:13

Admittedly if we got them all 5 years earlier it’d been nice, but Drinkwater; Dann and Rahman should add the know how and almost importantly the organisation missing

Do share the concern that none of them have played more than about 15 games for the last few years but I’m confident all will do well

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Aug 2021 08:03

Hound Admittedly if we got them all 5 years earlier it’d been nice, but Drinkwater; Dann and Rahman should add the know how and almost importantly the organisation missing

Do share the concern that none of them have played more than about 15 games for the last few years but I’m confident all will do well

+1 I just hope we can now add a striker. Does FFP allow us to swap a player? Forest fans don’t seem to think much of Lyle Taylor but I rated him at Charlton. I was thinking we could get a player and money for Holmes.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 31 Aug 2021 08:14

Also, there's a bit of a PR thing going on, pushing the story that these are down to PV doing the heavy lifting, almost to absolve the poor displays and tactics....
I don't know, but surely some bloke called Kia is more likely to have high level Chelsea contacts?....

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 08:21

Linden Jones' Tash Also, there's a bit of a PR thing going on, pushing the story that these are down to PV doing the heavy lifting, almost to absolve the poor displays and tactics....
I don't know, but surely some bloke called Kia is more likely to have high level Chelsea contacts?....

Well quite, and isn’t this a dream situation for a manager? They always bang on about interfering owners and dof’s and new players just turning up at the training ground that the manager had no idea about.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2021 08:31

Linden Jones' Tash Also, there's a bit of a PR thing going on, pushing the story that these are down to PV doing the heavy lifting, almost to absolve the poor displays and tactics....

Kia may well be involved but is it really a massive leap to believe that VP may well have done an excellent job selling the club to these players? Rahman in particular was reported to have 5 or 6 options both in England and abroad.

The only source pushing the VP doing the heavy lifting is EddieRFC on Twitter and he is right more often that not. The truth is likely somewhere in between.

If VP has been fully involved, and it makes sense to me and explains why he wasn't doing pre-match press conferences last week, then he absolutely deserves the chance to get his side to gel and start picking up results but he'll know if it doesn't happen he's likely to be out sooner rather than later.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Aug 2021 08:39

tidus_mi2

Martin Keown

Wayne Bridge, John O’Shea… I’m assuming we’re talking about people who joined us as winners, rather than the Akes of the world who won afterwards.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 10:06

SCIAG
tidus_mi2

Martin Keown

Wayne Bridge, John O’Shea… I’m assuming we’re talking about people who joined us as winners, rather than the Akes of the world who won afterwards.

Anyone able to confirm if Ray Houghton was the first former title winner to play for Reading and that Stan Wicks was the first to play for Reading before going on to win the title.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 11:12

Insight on Danny as a player at the TTE site (link below)

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... fc-chelsea

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 11:15

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Zip
There may be outgoings tomorrow.Maybe Laurent?

Only way it'll make sense is if at least one of Laurent, Ejaria or Swift go. It's certainly not going to be Ejaria who would be my first choice.

Probably Laurent, quickly followed by Swift injury and Ejaria long Covid

We do tend to play with 5 midfielders in various shapes. You want 2 per spot, so you ideally want 10 midfielders. Fully expecting Laurent to Forest tomorrow and fairly relaxed about that.

Who knows, if we get a fee we may even be allowed to reinvest it in striker!

I don't agree. We play central midfielders out of position wide when what we actually need is wingers or forwards.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2021 11:17

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Only way it'll make sense is if at least one of Laurent, Ejaria or Swift go. It's certainly not going to be Ejaria who would be my first choice.

Probably Laurent, quickly followed by Swift injury and Ejaria long Covid

We do tend to play with 5 midfielders in various shapes. You want 2 per spot, so you ideally want 10 midfielders. Fully expecting Laurent to Forest tomorrow and fairly relaxed about that.

Who knows, if we get a fee we may even be allowed to reinvest it in striker!

I don't agree. We play central midfielders out of position wide when what we actually need is wingers or forwards.

Agreed.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Aug 2021 13:27

If we want ten midfielders, then we have:
1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?
But I dunno, these don’t seem to be “sensible living within our means” transfers. TDB and Halilovic yes, maybe Hoilett. But Dann and Drinkwater seem excessive. I hope we are being sensible.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2021 13:43

SCIAG If we want ten midfielders, then we have:
1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?
But I dunno, these don’t seem to be “sensible living within our means” transfers. TDB and Halilovic yes, maybe Hoilett. But Dann and Drinkwater seem excessive. I hope we are being sensible.

You can add Araruna to that list.
So we have four additions. Meite is also out long term and we have off-loaded Olise, Semedo and Aluko. So we are at similar levels to last season in terms of numbers.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Aug 2021 15:16

Zip
1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?

You can add Araruna to that list.
So we have four additions. Meite is also out long term and we have off-loaded Olise, Semedo and Aluko. So we are at similar levels to last season in terms of numbers.

And Tetek. Esteves also played right mid on a couple of occasions too

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2021 16:51

1) Rinomhota
2) Laurent
3) Swift
4) Ejaria
5) Meite
6) Azeez
7) Dele-Bashiru
8) Hoilett
9) Halilovic
10) Drinkwater

So… I guess that works?

Sensible financially?

Sounds like efl are keeping a very close eye on these transfers so I don’t see why not

And Dann definitely isn’t excessive going on our defensive performances this season

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Aug 2021 17:01

if his head is right Drinkwater could be a mouth watering signing.

FWIW after his appearance in a PSF Cheslea fans were comparing him TIC to Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta in their prime and reckoned that Tuchel must be the best manager of all time if he could do that with DD.

Let's see what Pauno can get out of him! :lol:

122 posts