Yep confimred

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour: Scott Dann

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2021 17:42

Brogue
SCIAG
Brogue
Agreed, Cooper and dickie were better than Holmes at the same age.

Gonna take a big slice of "doubt" with that. Dickie would probably have made the grade if he'd been given a chance but he barely played any football for the club at any level for those last two years, unless you were watching him at Lincoln then I'm not sure how you'd be able to judge.

Cooper was a calamity at 21, clearly had talent but made one bad mistake every game. Even today he's pretty error prone.

Holmes to me looks significantly better than Cooper. Could understand unfavourable comparisons to Dom Hyam or Tom McIntyre, but not to Cooper. He made 30 starts for us last season and never looked out of place.

This coming from the person who absolutely shit the bed when teddy Howe left the club :|

This coming from the person who absolutely shit the bed when we finished seventh :|

Strange that you think this constitutes "shitting the bed":
[trimmed some dunks on WoodleyRoyal that aren't relevant]
We’re going to lose Yiadom for at least a month next season (and let’s face it, he hasn’t exactly demanded selection even when fit this season). We have a young full back here who already looks comfortable at this level. Should we use him as cover for Yiadom, keep Gunter in our “prison” on much more money, or gamble on a new player unfamiliar with the club?

It’s a fairly trivial decision, Teddy Howe probably isn’t going to play for England, but it’s still an utterly bizarre decision and no amount of innuendo will change that.

Hmm, I was right about Yiadom and we had to play a centre back at right back for much of the season. "Trivial but bizarre" is hardly throwing your toys out of the pram.

This forum business seems a bit too difficult for you. Perhaps TikTok would be more your speed?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2021 17:43

Nameless
SCIAG
Brogue
Agreed, Cooper and dickie were better than Holmes at the same age.

Gonna take a big slice of "doubt" with that. Dickie would probably have made the grade if he'd been given a chance but he barely played any football for the club at any level for those last two years, unless you were watching him at Lincoln then I'm not sure how you'd be able to judge.

Cooper was a calamity at 21, clearly had talent but made one bad mistake every game. Even today he's pretty error prone.

Holmes to me looks significantly better than Cooper. Could understand unfavourable comparisons to Dom Hyam or Tom McIntyre, but not to Cooper. He made 30 starts for us last season and never looked out of place.

Holmes is a much better footballer than Cooper, perhaps because he's a fairly late convert to defence. Not sure what about Cooper would make him be considered better than Holmes at the same age. Holmes is versatile, comfortable on the ball, not prone to major errors and not much shorter than Cooper. Not got into his stride in terms of goals though

It's been years since he played for us so the errors and weaknesses are a distant memory.

Just like every player not in the first team squad seems to be our savior and couldn't possibly be worse than we have at one point or another. See Popa as a prime example.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2021 17:44

SCIAG
Brogue
SCIAG Gonna take a big slice of "doubt" with that. Dickie would probably have made the grade if he'd been given a chance but he barely played any football for the club at any level for those last two years, unless you were watching him at Lincoln then I'm not sure how you'd be able to judge.

This coming from the person who absolutely shit the bed when teddy Howe left the club :|

This coming from the person who absolutely shit the bed when we finished seventh :|

We’re going to lose Yiadom for at least a month next season (and let’s face it, he hasn’t exactly demanded selection even when fit this season). We have a young full back here who already looks comfortable at this level. Should we use him as cover for Yiadom, keep Gunter in our “prison” on much more money, or gamble on a new player unfamiliar with the club?

It’s a fairly trivial decision, Teddy Howe probably isn’t going to play for England, but it’s still an utterly bizarre decision and no amount of innuendo will change that.

Hmm, I was right about Yiadom and we had to play a centre back at right back for much of the season. "Trivial but bizarre" is hardly throwing your toys out of the pram.

This forum business seems a bit too difficult for you. Perhaps TikTok would be more your speed?

:lol:

Zing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2021 17:47

Confimred

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/a ... als-ranks/

1 year deal, his next league game will be his 400th.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 17:53

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG
Brogue

Zing.

:| I didn’t shit the bed because we finished 7th. I shit the bed because we were oxf*rd terrible for the second half of the season when things could have been very different if we had a decent manager at the helm. SCIAG has positioned himself as some sort of resident youth team oracle and seems to have this authoritarian view on everything academy related. Howe isn’t the first player he shit the bed over that we let go. He’s one of these posters who think academy players should stay with us forever and we should never ever let people go. I was simply agreeing that the jury is still out on Holmes making it, and used two players that were imo better than Holmes at the same age. But of course SCIAG thinks his opinion is superior to others on here :|

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 30 Aug 2021 18:42

Should be a quality signing as long as don't play a stupidly high line or ask him to play 1-2s with rafael

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Aug 2021 18:44

Remember when we were shite in 2011/12 and then we signed Gorkss

We're gonna win the league

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 18:53

genome Remember when we were shite in 2011/12 and then we signed Gorkss

It’s either going to go the way of gorkss or Martin keown

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2021 19:06

Good signing on a short term contract, but it will mean nothing unless we can get someone in to partner Puscas up top.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Aug 2021 19:12

Brogue

It’s either going to go the way of gorkss or Martin keown

Neither I hope, gorks was good for about 20 games

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

CONFIMRED: Scott Dann

by Uke » 30 Aug 2021 19:18

From my Palace supporting mate

He’s on the wane but he could easily do a job. Solid defender. Complete lack of pace & can’t pass for toffee but one of biggest reasons we stayed up originally under Pulis & in subsequent seasons. Might get you 5-6 goals/season, too. He goes with every Palace fan’s good wishes. Top professional, he’ll be great for the dressing room.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2021 19:23

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
SCIAG This coming from the person who absolutely shit the bed when we finished seventh :|

Zing.

:| I didn’t shit the bed because we finished 7th. I shit the bed because we were oxf*rd terrible for the second half of the season when things could have been very different if we had a decent manager at the helm. SCIAG has positioned himself as some sort of resident youth team oracle and seems to have this authoritarian view on everything academy related. Howe isn’t the first player he shit the bed over that we let go. He’s one of these posters who think academy players should stay with us forever and we should never ever let people go. I was simply agreeing that the jury is still out on Holmes making it, and used two players that were imo better than Holmes at the same age. But of course SCIAG thinks his opinion is superior to others on here :|

Everyone thinks their opinion is superior to others, otherwise they wouldn’t have them. Sorry if disagreement is so upsetting to you - again, might want to stay away from discussion boards!

If you watched Rob Dickie play when he was 21 and thought he was better than you think Holmes is now then by all means. But I don’t think you did. He only played one game for our U23s that season. Presumably you would already have said if you saw him play when he was on loan. Yeah, I think comparing Holmes to a player you never saw play is stupid. It would be like if I said I thought Morrison was better than Daniel Passarella.

It’s not hard to find examples of me saying that a player should be let go or doesn’t look up to it. Cooper is one such example: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137458&p=4508353#p4508353

Went looking for what I said about Dickie leaving, and it turns out it wasn’t much. Did find this, which is a long way from how you’re portraying me:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134724&p=4409122#p4409122

I’ve got no idea who you are (WoodleyRoyal?) but if you want to try throwing insults at people then get your facts straight first.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 19:30

SCIAG
Brogue
Snowflake Royal :lol:

Zing.

Everyone thinks their opinion is superior to others, otherwise they wouldn’t have them. Sorry if disagreement is so upsetting to you - again, might want to stay away from discussion boards!

If you watched Rob Dickie play when he was 21 and thought he was better than you think Holmes is now then by all means. But I don’t think you did. He only played one game for our U23s that season. Presumably you would already have said if you saw him play when he was on loan. Yeah, I think comparing Holmes to a player you never saw play is stupid. It would be like if I said I thought Morrison was better than Daniel Passarella.

It’s not hard to find examples of me saying that a player should be let go or doesn’t look up to it. Cooper is one such example: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137458&p=4508353#p4508353

Went looking for what I said about Dickie leaving, and it turns out it wasn’t much. Did find this, which is a long way from how you’re portraying me:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134724&p=4409122#p4409122

I’ve got no idea who you are (WoodleyRoyal?) but if you want to try throwing insults at people then get your facts straight first.

:lol: Please point out where I insulted you? are you 5? You did it to Jimmy earlier on the pauno out thread too. He said kuhl was shit and you come out and say you never watched him play then, could you be any more condescending? It’s a common trait of yours which has become more apparent recently. If someone posts an opinion about a youngster you’re there and all over them like white on rice, ready to unleash your authoritarian views :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2021 19:38

I loved that team, so many technically average players who gave their absolute all every game and performed well as a TEAM. How this lot could do with a Leigertwood.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 30 Aug 2021 20:19

CountryRoyal

I loved that team, so many technically average players who gave their absolute all every game and performed well as a TEAM. How this lot could do with a Leigertwood.

Drinkwater?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2021 20:25

CountryRoyal

Doesn't need a Leigertwood. Just needs someone to set up Rino and Laurent properly and find replacements for Moore and Yiadom until they pull their head out their arse.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Aug 2021 21:13

Happy with this

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Aug 2021 22:03

Exactly what we need. A big hulking centre back who knows how to defend and will just put his head or boot through the ball whenever it comes near him.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 22:09

I like that uke’s palace supporting mate says he can’t pass. Good. He will know his own limitations and we will hopefully see a bit more no nonsense defending. Too much fannying around at the back. When you just need someone to put their foot through it.