Hob Nob Super-Addict

Transfer deadline day rumours in's and out's

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 09:58

here is a starter for ten

Pete O'Rourke
@SportsPeteO
·
3m
Former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll is in talks with Reading over a move to the Championship club on a free transfer. #readingfc #NUFC #DeadlineDay

:shock: :lol: its a yes from me

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Transfer deadline day rumours in's and out's

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 10:00

Wouldn't say no. For 8.5k a week on a season long deal we cannot really lose on it, far better than Puscas playing up top on his own each week. A fit Andy Carroll scores a lot of goals in the Championship.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 31 Aug 2021 10:06

He could even come back and defend corners !

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 31 Aug 2021 10:10

Love this, lol.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 10:16

Courtney Friday
@cfridayjourno
·
4m
In other news, please don’t shoot the messenger…. I’m told that as things stand, #readingfc will need to get a player out the door today in order to make any further signings. Believe the club will continue negotiations with EFL to avoid that outcome.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 31 Aug 2021 10:17

seriously?
isn't this just going to end up as an expensive, injured player causing friction to those actually playing....
unless it is a pay as you play deal and we can get 30+ X 90 minute games from a striker, then what is the point?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 10:20

a point to note that carroll doesnt need to be completed today, he is a free agent and can sign anytime

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 10:20

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 10:23

For those expressing shock and despair I would like to know what you were hoping for? We are limited in what we can pay and there are only so many available strikers out there. You can't all beg for signings and then turn your nose up at a proven goalscorer like Andy Carroll. Yes he is injury prone but he will be getting paid 8.5k a week and it will be a season long deal. We can't really lose.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Aug 2021 10:23

I don't know how fit he is but Carroll is younger* than Jason Roberts was and that worked out pretty well

*subs, please check

Esteban

by Esteban » 31 Aug 2021 10:32

Brogue Courtney Friday
@cfridayjourno
·
4m
In other news, please don’t shoot the messenger…. I’m told that as things stand, #readingfc will need to get a player out the door today in order to make any further signings. Believe the club will continue negotiations with EFL to avoid that outcome.

You reap what you sow and we don't deserve any special treatment from the EFL, but given the injury situation at the moment, I would hope they throw us a bone. Even if it's only a short term deal until January or something.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Aug 2021 10:33

I can’t see this happening tbh but as illogical I think it is I wouldn’t say no. If we got 10 to 20 games out of him I’d be happy. We could nurse him through games until January and see where we are at with players coming back from injury. He could be a great addition for the young strikers at the club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2021 10:34

Silver Fox I don't know how fit he is but Carroll is younger* than Jason Roberts was and that worked out pretty well

*subs, please check

Roberts was 34, Carroll is 32.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2021 10:36

Brogue Courtney Friday
@cfridayjourno
·
4m

Would that mean it has to be permanent (e.g. Laurent is most likely) or would shipping, say, Tetek out on loan for a season be just as good?

I’m now expecting Reading to loan/sell Puscas today and completely fail to agree terms with AC (or anyone) before the QPR game on the 11th September.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2021 10:37

Esteban
Brogue Courtney Friday
@cfridayjourno
·
4m

You reap what you sow and we don't deserve any special treatment from the EFL, but given the injury situation at the moment, I would hope they throw us a bone. Even if it's only a short term deal until January or something.

Well precedent is there allowing Derby to bring in Baldock due to Kazim-Richards being out for months. Though the EFL could easily say, well you knew Joao was out 2 weeks ago and chose to sign players elsewhere (even though there are also injuries there).

Does seem a fairly arbitary rule though unless we were clearly told you can only add 6 to the squad then it is one in, one out a few weeks back.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Aug 2021 10:37

Get rid of Moore - would mean £££ in the bank and £30k a week in wages saved.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 10:40

TBM Get rid of Moore - would mean £££ in the bank and £30k a week in wages saved.

Who is buying him?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 10:42

dunno who this guy is, says hes some sort of freelance journo so probably bollox :lol: hes their captain and we cant pay a transfer fee :|

Darren Edmundson
@DarrenEJourno
·
4m
English footballing legend Andy Carroll is joining
@ReadingFC
. They are also interested in signing Tomas Kalas from Bristol City. #ReadingFC
Last edited by Brogue on 31 Aug 2021 10:43, edited 2 times in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 10:42

Transfers like Drinkwater or Carroll can go either way. If they're hungry and willing to prove themselves, you're bringing in real quality. But they can look lethargic, uninterested or spend too much time on the treatment table.

In Carroll's case, he's always been a wholly committed player who can be unplayable when fit. Fitness would be the worry with him, whereas I worry about hunger and attitude more with Drinkwater.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 31 Aug 2021 10:52

Again I appreciate their fitness/age issues… but what are you guys expecting right now?!

We are in the middle of the biggest s*** show this club has faced in the modern era. Fair play to whoever it is in convincing these players to drop down a league and play for us. Can you imagine the experience in that dressing room… if players arnt pulling their weight you telling me these players are not going to have a word.

Two weeks ago if you had said we would have these players coming through the door…

I’ve said in another post the pressure is on the boss now to pull these characters together, the medical team to get them on the pitch and for the fans to give them a chance. We should enjoy this year now thinking these players are playing for us. Middle table finish isn’t out of reach and if these players end up being immense for us, who knows

But fair play whoever is juggling these deals and talking to the clubs/players/EFL

229 posts