Andy Carroll - He's back

580 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Andy Carroll

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Jan 2022 09:47

Pepe the Horseman
Norfolk Royal
Mid Sussex Royal Didn't train with us today and has moved his stuff from Bearwood

'Stuff' meaning what? Surely he would go home every day with his 'stuff' in a holdall no?

He's been living at Bearwood.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2022 10:16

be amazed if he goes back to West Ham. Be like Sone aluko coming back here

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2022 10:34

Just because he`s training at west ham in doesn`t mean he`s going there FFS.
It`s not so far from his Essex home so it makes sense to stay in trim by raining with them.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2022 10:37

Norfolk Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Norfolk Royal
'Stuff' meaning what? Surely he would go home every day with his 'stuff' in a holdall no?

He's been living at Bearwood.

He`s been living in the hotel, wasn`t aware there were living quarters at Bearwood.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Jan 2022 10:56

Hound be amazed if he goes back to West Ham. Be like Sone aluko coming back here

Is it me or does Aluko seem not such a bad player these days? I mean he at least stayed injury free didn't he? (From memory)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Jan 2022 11:03

bcubed
Hound be amazed if he goes back to West Ham. Be like Sone aluko coming back here

Is it me or does Aluko seem not such a bad player these days? I mean he at least stayed injury free didn't he? (From memory)

Aluko had this amazing ability to be just as effective when injured or not playing as when he was fully fit and on the pitch.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jan 2022 11:03

windermereROYAL
Norfolk Royal
Pepe the Horseman He's been living at Bearwood.

He`s been living in the hotel, wasn`t aware there were living quarters at Bearwood.

There's not. He wasn't supposed to be there but was kicked out of the hotel. Was sleeping in the changing rooms in a sleeping bag.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2022 11:15

bcubed

nope, thats you. he was awful.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 11:20

bcubed

He was poor and pretty much was from the minute he joined. The only notable memory I have of him was that wonderful goal vs QPR that went some way to keeping us up that season. Not exactly a great return for someone who cost the club £7.5m or whatever the figure was.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Jan 2022 11:34

bcubed

Agree with the others-it's you and the memory can play tricks. :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2022 11:56

windermereROYAL Just because he`s training at west ham in doesn`t mean he`s going there FFS.
It`s not so far from his Essex home so it makes sense to stay in trim by raining with them.

There's nothing to even say he's training there, one website has posted he was seen there - that's it.

The silence really is deafening on this one - there has to be an announcement one way or another today surely?

I can understand if talks were ongoing you may not want to say anything but at some point, you have to give an update esp. with a game tomorrow.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jan 2022 12:04

Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL
Norfolk Royal

There's not. He wasn't supposed to be there but was kicked out of the hotel. Was sleeping in the changing rooms in a sleeping bag.

Very funny

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:07

Stranded
windermereROYAL Just because he`s training at west ham in doesn`t mean he`s going there FFS.

There's nothing to even say he's training there, one website has posted he was seen there - that's it.

The silence really is deafening on this one - there has to be an announcement one way or another today surely?

I can understand if talks were ongoing you may not want to say anything but at some point, you have to give an update esp. with a game tomorrow.

He used to play there and knows a lot of people there, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a passing visit in all honesty. Not sure what business West Ham would want with him now at 33 anyway and considering where they are in the PL table. You'd imagine they'd go for somebody better than him, Nketiah for instance.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2022 12:18

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

He used to play there and knows a lot of people there, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a passing visit in all honesty. Not sure what business West Ham would want with him now at 33 anyway and considering where they are in the PL table. You'd imagine they'd go for somebody better than him, Nketiah for instance.

Low cost option from the bench is the only avenue that would make sense - i.e. someone to chuck on for 10-15 mins at the end, if you are chasing the game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2022 12:18

I think Carroll was well liked at West Ham for the main, just kept picking up injuries

Unless you’re suggesting Aluko was well liked here :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jan 2022 12:23

URZZZZ

I think Carroll was well liked at West Ham for the main, just kept picking up injuries

Judging by the reaction on twitter to this rumour, they definitely don't want him back.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2022 12:23

bcubed

Not going to mention him as a player as it’s been mentioned a few times and I disagree with the majority but think him (and possibly Olise) were the only outfield players in every matchday squad last season

Laurent the only one this season. Swift only missed one game but bar the odd game, he’s been missing since November anyway

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2022 12:25

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ

Judging by the reaction on twitter to this rumour, they definitely don't want him back.

No, for a side aiming for the Champions League, it isn’t a particularly ambitious signing

But think they left on amicable terms and for the time he was actually there, most fans liked him

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jan 2022 12:28

URZZZZ
Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ

No, for a side aiming for the Champions League, it isn’t a particularly ambitious signing

But think they left on amicable terms and for the time he was actually there, most fans liked him

Yeh fair enough. Didn't realise he played so many game for them. In my head he barely got on the pitch, but including his loan spell he played 127 games and scored 33 goals, which ain't bad considering his game is a lot more than just goals.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Jan 2022 12:49

URZZZZ
bcubed

Not going to mention him as a player as it’s been mentioned a few times and I disagree with the majority but think him (and possibly Olise) were the only outfield players in every matchday squad last season

Laurent the only one this season. Swift only missed one game but bar the odd game, he’s been missing since November anyway

I wasn’t serious about having him back, not that he’d want to anyway
But thanks for confirming my dodgy memory that he was generally not injured
And “not injured” is currently a tremendous quality to have!

580 posts