Andy Carroll - He's back

580 posts
Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

Re: Andy Carroll

by Dennis the Butler » 23 Jan 2022 08:48

Apparently Bournemouth now interested, no great suprise there !

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jan 2022 11:00

Dennis the Butler Apparently Bournemouth now interested, no great suprise there !

Shock horror, who would have thought it?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jan 2022 11:12

Dennis the Butler Apparently Bournemouth now interested, no great suprise there !

Yep then that’s where he will go.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2022 11:19

Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Thanks Andy. All the best for you future.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Jan 2022 14:46

I really hope he stays and tells Bournemouth to do one. I just feel that with his ability and possible leadership qualities he could be the difference between us staying up and going down. Bournemouth is a lot further for him to travel, although I guess he could fly from Stansted to Bournemouth.

It would be interesting to know what he really thinks about Pauno. From the outside they seem to get on but I guess we’ll never know for sure. Whatever he decides I wish him all the best.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2022 17:15

Seems to have a great attitude (despite his previous days of ‘grandeur’), we’ve enjoyed his time with us….hopefully (but doubtful) he’s enjoyed being here.

Much in the Rooney and Derby vein….could we be his shoe-in to management via a season or so on the pitch?

If he wants a career path such as that, of course. Would be well received by most, I’m sure.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Jan 2022 18:15

AthleticoSpizz Seems to have a great attitude (despite his previous days of ‘grandeur’), we’ve enjoyed his time with us….hopefully (but doubtful) he’s enjoyed being here.

Much in the Rooney and Derby vein….could we be his shoe-in to management via a season or so on the pitch?

If he wants a career path such as that, of course. Would be well received by most, I’m sure.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/andy-carroll-doesnt-like-football/amp/

Doesn't seem like the sort of guy who would have much interest in doing the work it takes to be a manager.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2022 18:19

Oh well, that’s a pity.

Nah

He’s just playing hard-to-get :D

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Jan 2022 21:31

A lot of my trust for Pauno comes from the Carroll decision between now and the end of the window. He's mentioned once or twice that he has been confident of signing him and that talks are positive, if we sign him based off those judgements and calls then I'd have more faith in Pauno considering he's also said that February is likely to be our month where we can kick on fully.

That's not to say he's some sort of psychic but still!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2022 09:44

Naturally, I hope he stays but if he does, will be a bit of a shame that he will have sat out 2 or 3 games where he didn't need to.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 24 Jan 2022 20:44

Stranded Naturally, I hope he stays but if he does, will be a bit of a shame that he will have sat out 2 or 3 games where he didn't need to.

Maybe we can not sign him during the window (possible EFL FFP rule for us) as it does seem strange?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jan 2022 20:59

Rusty royal
Stranded Naturally, I hope he stays but if he does, will be a bit of a shame that he will have sat out 2 or 3 games where he didn't need to.

Maybe we can not sign him during the window (possible EFL FFP rule for us) as it does seem strange?

I'm not sure how badly the transfer embargo is now with the club. I don't think we can go and sign a number of players but we did manage to bring Carroll in during November when we had already made our 6 signings, unless we made a request to the EFL saying we needed more numbers in our squad as a matter of urgency.

I can only hope that it isn't a case of we have to offload someone else to bring Carroll in.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 24 Jan 2022 21:04

It does not seem weird… the guy came here to show his fitness and seek an opportunity, be it with us or someone else.

The fact remains, if he wanted to stay he would of signed already. He could be a cult hero wherever he goes - getting Bournemouth promoted or saving us from relegation. You can’t hate the guy… smacks of Tommy Smith (I think that was his name) who was about to sign with us then a better offer came in. Believe we did the same when Stephen Hunt signed.

I just hope we have a back up plan if he does not sign, although with players coming back I still think we are slightly better than the teams below us

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 24 Jan 2022 21:41

mikey0406 You can’t hate the guy… smacks of Tommy Smith (I think that was his name) who was about to sign with us then a better offer came in. Believe we did the same when Stephen Hunt signed

Oh wow yeah. Wasn't he on his way to reading to sign the contract and got diverted to Portsmouth? I think we did the same to Millwall for John Oster though, so can't complain.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jan 2022 21:51

ILoveMoonPig
mikey0406 You can’t hate the guy… smacks of Tommy Smith (I think that was his name) who was about to sign with us then a better offer came in. Believe we did the same when Stephen Hunt signed

Oh wow yeah. Wasn't he on his way to reading to sign the contract and got diverted to Portsmouth? I think we did the same to Millwall for John Oster though, so can't complain.

I thought Tommy Smith was the player that Rodgers basically spent a month tapping up in the media, prompting Watford to tell us to fcuk off when we eventually deigned to put in a bid.

We definitely pulled the rug out from under Bradford when they were in the process of signing Stephen Hunt. I suspect his career might have taken a completely different trajectory had he signed there rather than with us.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2022 09:46

From Despair To Where?
ILoveMoonPig

I thought Tommy Smith was the player that Rodgers basically spent a month tapping up in the media, prompting Watford to tell us to fcuk off when we eventually deigned to put in a bid.

We definitely pulled the rug out from under Bradford when they were in the process of signing Stephen Hunt. I suspect his career might have taken a completely different trajectory had he signed there rather than with us.

Didn’t we also miss out on Joleon Lescott for similar reasons.

Also who was the player that Barry Fry took the piss out of us after he nicked him from signing for us? IIRC he was laughing at our budget

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jan 2022 10:29

Here is the Tommy Smith saga thread https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90213

Might give it a read over lunch.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 18:04

ILoveMoonPig

Rodgers spent about 3 weeks shooting his mouth off about how he was our priority, brilliant and definitely signing. So yeah, someone noticed, offered him a few extra quid and a manager who didn't wear clown makeup and off he went.

JR

by JR » 26 Jan 2022 07:23

1/2 with Sky Bet that he signs for us.

So bookies surprisingly confident we’ll get him back.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jan 2022 07:42

It looks like Bournemouth want Kieffer Moore from Cardiff which might help us out.

I don’t even know why but Bournemouth are a club I have never liked. They’re spending big bucks again so if they don’t go up this time they might start breaching FFP but who knows.

580 posts