Andy Carroll - He's back

580 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Andy Carroll

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 13:06

hughsies no.1 Would be very very very happy to be proved wrong but was told weeks ago that he wasn't going to be signing an extension on his deal.

yeah as said above, don't really see him staying til the end of the year. But he could do another 3 games for us without affecting his own situation for the feb-May. I'd start with that and see where it goes

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2022 13:38

hughsies no.1 Would be very very very happy to be proved wrong but was told weeks ago that he wasn't going to be signing an extension on his deal.

Don't doubt it but therefore find it a little strange that there has been no announcement or thanks - if it was clear cut then I would have expected an announcement by now given we are nearly 48 hours after the Boro game finished. I know the Moore announcement has taken a lot of attention but they've produced a statement for Rafael now.

Assume we'll get confirmation later today or there is an outside chance discussions are still ongoing. If they leave it too long then the first official note we'll get is when Puscas or Clarke starts against Luton.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 13:57

Stranded

Don't doubt it but therefore find it a little strange that there has been no announcement or thanks - if it was clear cut then I would have expected an announcement by now given we are nearly 48 hours after the Boro game finished. I know the Moore announcement has taken a lot of attention but they've produced a statement for Rafael now.

Assume we'll get confirmation later today or there is an outside chance discussions are still ongoing. If they leave it too long then the first official note we'll get is when Puscas or Clarke starts against Luton.

Club is too busy firefighting their brilliant handling of the Moore issue.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2022 15:03

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Club is too busy firefighting their brilliant handling of the Moore issue.

But not too busy to get the "bye Rafael" messaging out. Given Carroll has been a key component on the first XI whilst here, just a little surprising that assuning he's gone - which seems likely - that there is radio silence.

Can't be too hard to splice together a standard text and tweet out his 2 goals (that counted).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jan 2022 15:13

Zip
WestYorksRoyal Rafael contract terminated by mutual consent. Free up wages for Carroll?

I wish him well.
Very good first season with Fulham away a real high point.
Very inconsistent last season.
Didn’t play much this season and the hand injury and Cup blooper lowlights.

Comes across as a good man.

Yep, was the right time to go, but overall has turned out to be a good signing

Southwood needs to buck up though. Mistake against Hull, mistake against Derby, conceding 7 to Fulham and possibly could have done better for Boro’s first. Rafael had a period where it seemed he was making mistake game after game and never truly recovered. We don’t want the same happening for Southwood

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2022 15:19

URZZZZ
Southwood needs to buck up though. Mistake against Hull, mistake against Derby, conceding 7 to Fulham and possibly could have done better for Boro’s first. Rafael had a period where it seemed he was making mistake game after game and never truly recovered. We don’t want the same happening for Southwood

Good point, the elephant in the room is Southwood, likeable as he is, is looking a little dodgy at times.

Still young though, and lots of good stuff from him too for sure. Let's hope a bit of real competition (Andrésson) will gently get him to buck up as we all knew Rafael had no chance of staying or reclaiming his spot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 15:22

Yep agree on Southwood. Tough period for him - cost us big time against Hull and Derby. 2 massive games, 2 inexplicable and huge mistakes. He's a talented keeper but not sure if its his concentration or something else

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 15:24

URZZZZ
Zip
WestYorksRoyal Rafael contract terminated by mutual consent. Free up wages for Carroll?

I wish him well.

Without Southwood Fulham would have got 8/9/10. Not at fault for anything there.

Keepers make a few mistakes and he's playing at this level for the first season. He does not need to buck up. He needs to carry on and naturally improve.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Jan 2022 15:32

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Zip
I wish him well.

Without Southwood Fulham would have got 8/9/10. Not at fault for anything there.

Keepers make a few mistakes and he's playing at this level for the first season. He does not need to buck up. He needs to carry on and naturally improve.

The issue is he’s making too many mistakes in a short period. There’d be little qualms if they were more spread out

I do think he’s a good GK but psychological impacts are a huge factor for a goalie. The mistakes against Hull and Derby will be playing on his mind. I don’t think he was at fault for any of Fulham’s goal but it still won’t help his confidence. Likewise Boro’s first on Saturday. And I’m not sure many would have predicted how far Rafael would have fallen after his disaster up at Coventry last season

Buck up may be the wrong words but he could do with an error free game. A clean sheet would be nice, although he’s far from the problem there

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Jan 2022 18:09

Looks like Carroll is off to West Ham. Shame as he has done well for us, but no great surprise if he can get a short term deal in the PL to the end of the season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 18:13

andrew1957 Looks like Carroll is off to West Ham. Shame as he has done well for us, but no great surprise if he can get a short term deal in the PL to the end of the season.

It’s a big shame. A great move for him.
Puscas to start on Wednesday night then and probably to stay at the club until the end of the season.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Jan 2022 18:24

Would rather we recalled McNulty for the rest of the season and shipped Puscas out and off the wage bill. I think McNulty would be a better foil for Joao than Puscas too.

Will never happen but when Meite is back I’d like to see us 442

Joao and McNulty up front.
Meite on the right
Hoilet on the left
Laurent and rino cm
And then a flat back 4 of the usual suspects.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2022 18:40

andrew1957 Looks like Carroll is off to West Ham. Shame as he has done well for us, but no great surprise if he can get a short term deal in the PL to the end of the season.

Where have you seen this? Their fans hate him.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Jan 2022 18:42

Pepe the Horseman

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... SAddToHome

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2022 18:44

Brogue
Pepe the Horseman

Since leaving the club, Carroll has maintained close ties with Aaron Cresswell and Mark Noble among others, so it is not unusual for him to be seen in and around the players occasionally

Sounds like he was just visiting his mates.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Jan 2022 21:02

Didn't train with us today and has moved his stuff from Bearwood

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2022 21:05

Pepe the Horseman
Brogue
Pepe the Horseman Where have you seen this? Their fans hate him.

Since leaving the club, Carroll has maintained close ties with Aaron Cresswell and Mark Noble among others, so it is not unusual for him to be seen in and around the players occasionally

Sounds like he was just visiting his mates.

Does seem a bit 2+2=5 but not impossible, would meet his needs and West Ham would probably like a different option up top.

According to Eddie ITK on Twitter, he didn't train today and has moved his stuff out of the training ground. So would say he's gone.

Pressure on Joao to be and to stay fit now.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 18 Jan 2022 09:23

Mid Sussex Royal Didn't train with us today and has moved his stuff from Bearwood

'Stuff' meaning what? Surely he would go home every day with his 'stuff' in a holdall no?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Jan 2022 09:28

I also remember Puscas moving his 'stuff' from Bearwood too a while back.

I would have expected the club to announce a thank you message before he signs elsewhere or fully committed to leaving

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jan 2022 09:29

Norfolk Royal
Mid Sussex Royal Didn't train with us today and has moved his stuff from Bearwood

'Stuff' meaning what? Surely he would go home every day with his 'stuff' in a holdall no?

He's been living at Bearwood.

580 posts