Andy Carroll - He's back

580 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Andy Carroll

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2022 09:08

JR 1/2 with Sky Bet that he signs for us.

So bookies surprisingly confident we’ll get him back.

Just means no one has got a clue (including himself I imagine) as money isn't going elsewhere. Reading still the favourites purely because that's where he was last.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2022 09:27

blythspartan It looks like Bournemouth want Kieffer Moore from Cardiff which might help us out.

I don’t even know why but Bournemouth are a club I have never liked. They’re spending big bucks again so if they don’t go up this time they might start breaching FFP but who knows.

They used to get more coverage than us on South Today despite us being in a higher division.

That's the sole extent of my petty dislike.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Jan 2022 09:51

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan It looks like Bournemouth want Kieffer Moore from Cardiff which might help us out.

I don’t even know why but Bournemouth are a club I have never liked. They’re spending big bucks again so if they don’t go up this time they might start breaching FFP but who knows.

They used to get more coverage than us on South Today despite us being in a higher division.

They’re further south. We were always before them on North Today.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2022 13:33

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal

They’re further south. We were always before them on North Today.

Reading area always got next to nothing from TVS or whatever franchise it was, used to get a ton of stuff about Soton, Portsmouth, Brighton and to a lesser degree Bournemouth, I even recall Gillingham getting ahead of Reading on the odd occasion. Same in the 70s, the big match (which I believed effectively covered the south east and London - or perhaps it didn’t?) used to dip into the 3rd and 4th divisions but never went near Reading when they won promotion in 76 and again in 79. Got a reasonable amount of Brighton when they were in divisions 2 and 3 though.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Jan 2022 08:09

Medical at WBA this morning

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 08:41

Snowflake Royal

He won't be cheap - massively weaken Cardiff.

Its the lavish spending on 10k fans per game that gets my goat. Blatant example of the parachute payments fixing the division

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 08:42

RG30 Medical at WBA this morning

makes total sense for WBA. Dike injured for a couple of months, ready made and fit replacement. Not surprised at all

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 Jan 2022 08:43

Royals and Racers As it’s rumours and gossip, i will add my six penny's worth- he’s off to West Brom.

Don`t want to sound smug- but i did tell you 14 days ago :)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jan 2022 08:58

Good move for Carroll, Can't believe anyone thought he would re-sign for us, why would he? Owes us nothing.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 09:13

NathStPaul Good move for Carroll, Can't believe anyone thought he would re-sign for us, why would he? Owes us nothing.

I can see why he would because he was obviously a fan-favourite within 2 months and seemed like he was enjoying his football. On the flip side, I can see exactly why he'd go at West Brom and probably most other Championship clubs than ourselves.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jan 2022 09:13

Playing us penultimate game of the season, he`ll probable score the goal to send us down.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Jan 2022 11:08

windermereROYAL Playing us penultimate game of the season, he`ll probable score the goal to send us down.

More likely rested for the play offs, good time to play them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 11:18

feel like Pauno has wasted quite a lot of time and effort trying to get him to sign on with us. Shame but we've not a lot to offer him at the moment tbh

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 11:21

Hound feel like Pauno has wasted quite a lot of time and effort trying to get him to sign on with us. Shame but we've not a lot to offer him at the moment tbh

Think it is fair enough if there was a genuine chance he thought we could get him. Would rather have put in a lot of effort trying to get AC back, rather than just settling with getting in another unproved striker that everyone would've complained about because they hadn't heard of them or had no 1st team experience.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Jan 2022 11:54

Gourlay screws us over one more time.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 11:56

Hendo
Hound feel like Pauno has wasted quite a lot of time and effort trying to get him to sign on with us. Shame but we've not a lot to offer him at the moment tbh

Think it is fair enough if there was a genuine chance he thought we could get him. Would rather have put in a lot of effort trying to get AC back, rather than just settling with getting in another unproved striker that everyone would've complained about because they hadn't heard of them or had no 1st team experience.

I think he wasted time on this. An offer was on the table but Carroll was clearly looking for something better.....and found it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jan 2022 12:14

Zip
Hendo

I think he wasted time on this. An offer was on the table but Carroll was clearly looking for something better.....and found it.

Similar to when we wasted an entire window trying to get Glenn Murray back, when it was obvious he wasn't interested.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Jan 2022 13:30

Do we give him a hero’s welcome when he returns with WBA? I know it was only 2 months but he epitomised what a professional footballer should be about to me.

May not think that way when his hat trick relegates us to league 1.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Jan 2022 14:25

blythspartan Do we give him a hero’s welcome when he returns with WBA? I know it was only 2 months but he epitomised what a professional footballer should be about to me.

May not think that way when his hat trick relegates us to league 1.

Nah fcuk that, he was only putting himself in the shop window. Which btw is fine, it served both parties well. The guy was here for 2 months and has now fcuked off to pastures new, meh. He should be given shit like all ex players should. It’s all part and parcel of the pantomime that is football. The greasy haired pcunt

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jan 2022 14:32

I think it's fine to give him an applause like you sometimes do with former players.

580 posts