Kabongo Tshimanga

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kabongo Tshimanga

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2022 15:07

YorkshireRoyal99 If we are allowed to pay fees for players in the summer, he wouldn't be a bad option I don't think, £1m does seem pretty steep though, but we definitely need another forward.

I'm just conscious we don't fall into another McNulty trap here. There is definitely talent available in the lower leagues, I've always been a fan of Scott Twine and Ryan Hardie, but can't imagine we'd be able to spend enough to pick either of those up.

We can pay fees - we just need to show to the EFL that doing so will keep us within the agreed business plan. It is most likely that that will only happen if we were to sell one of the few players who remain under contract. So if Puscas does join Pisa permanently for example, I would expect us to be able to spend some or all of that money.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Apr 2022 15:17

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 If we are allowed to pay fees for players in the summer, he wouldn't be a bad option I don't think, £1m does seem pretty steep though, but we definitely need another forward.

I'm just conscious we don't fall into another McNulty trap here. There is definitely talent available in the lower leagues, I've always been a fan of Scott Twine and Ryan Hardie, but can't imagine we'd be able to spend enough to pick either of those up.

We can pay fees - we just need to show to the EFL that doing so will keep us within the agreed business plan. It is most likely that that will only happen if we were to sell one of the few players who remain under contract. So if Puscas does join Pisa permanently for example, I would expect us to be able to spend some or all of that money.

Ah right I see, I didn't know what room we had to maneuver in the summer in terms of cash. Hopefully Puscas and Moore can bring in some sort of money for us financially this summer, potentially Ejaria as there seems to be some speculation regarding whether we should cash in on him or not. You'd fancy the 3 of them could bring in decent sums of money for us to be able to spend on half a dozen players or so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Apr 2022 15:36

I certainly wouldn’t fancy Moore to bring us in a penny

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2022 15:46

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

Ah right I see, I didn't know what room we had to maneuver in the summer in terms of cash. Hopefully Puscas and Moore can bring in some sort of money for us financially this summer, potentially Ejaria as there seems to be some speculation regarding whether we should cash in on him or not. You'd fancy the 3 of them could bring in decent sums of money for us to be able to spend on half a dozen players or so.

Yeah, there is no named restriction on paying fees or length of contract, only that each individual is paid no more than the EFL stipulation and/or it is agreed by them - so for example, we could have a limit of 9k pw but we could make a case to sign a specific player for say 12k but we may need to make savings elsewhere.

I expect we will be open to selling anyone with a year left on their deal unless there is a solid chance they will sign a new one.

Moore will just be a saving on wages, we won't get a fee.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2022 17:47

Players we could get a useful fee for are probably limited to:
Puscas
Ejaria (£1m)
Joao (£5m)
Meite (£3m)

One of those seems to definitely be wanted out. We should be considering serious fees for any of the others... suggested minimum amounts next to their name.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Apr 2022 18:50

Snowflake Royal Players we could get a useful fee for are probably limited to:
Puscas
Ejaria (£1m)
Joao (£5m)
Meite (£3m)

One of those seems to definitely be wanted out. We should be considering serious fees for any of the others... suggested minimum amounts next to their name.

I think £1m is a bit low for Ejaria to be honest. Think we could easily get £2m-2.5m quite comfortably for him depending on who comes in for him.

I still think we could get something for Moore, even if it was £500k-1m.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 19:07

YorkshireRoyal99
Puscas
Ejaria (£1m)
Joao (£5m)
Meite (£3m)

I think £1m is a bit low for Ejaria to be honest. Think we could easily get £2m-2.5m quite comfortably for him depending on who comes in for him.

On Moore, think you're kidding yourself. On the others, it's only a min.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Apr 2022 11:46

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Puscas
Ejaria (£1m)
Joao (£5m)
Meite (£3m)

Not sure if I am, still think he may command a fee, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't as our sole interest is to get him off the wage bill. I suppose it depends who comes in for him though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2022 12:57

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Not sure if I am, still think he may command a fee, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't as our sole interest is to get him off the wage bill. I suppose it depends who comes in for him though.

Middling Championship sides at best. Imo.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Apr 2022 14:14

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal On Moore, think you're kidding yourself. On the others, it's only a min.

Middling Championship sides at best. Imo.

A season on loan at Stoke perhaps?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2022 14:26

If Moore was on 10k a week i reckon we’d pull in 1m or so

As it is, any buying club will also need to pay his extortionate wage as he won’t drop considerably to move. So it’ll be a free or more likely a loan wit is subsidising

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2022 14:39

Hound If Moore was on 10k a week i reckon we’d pull in 1m or so

As it is, any buying club will also need to pay his extortionate wage as he won’t drop considerably to move. So it’ll be a free or more likely a loan wit is subsidising

Yeah, who is going to pay him £20k a week in the current climate let alone 30 or 35.

He might manage 15, but I doubt more than that, and that's pushing it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Apr 2022 16:12

What makes you think he isn’t realistic about what he might earn ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2022 16:38

Nameless

Not sure what you mean by that

I’m sure he is realistic- hence why he won’t throw away a year of 35k per week

He isn’t going to sign a 3 year deal somewhere for 10k a week as it’ll work out less than fleecing us for another year

Whatever he does I’m sure he’ll do his absolute best to protect that last year of contract

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Apr 2022 20:10

Hound
Nameless

He isn’t going to sign a 3 year deal somewhere for 10k a week as it’ll work out less than fleecing us for another year

Whatever he does I’m sure he’ll do his absolute best to protect that last year of contract

Why shouldn’t he ?

The club didn’t have to offer such a ridiculous amount and literally no-one in his position would have turned it down

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Apr 2022 14:40

Franchise FC
Hound
Nameless

Why shouldn’t he ?

The club didn’t have to offer such a ridiculous amount and literally no-one in his position would have turned it down

This is as bollocks as it always is. The club don't just pluck figures out of the air, they didn't have to agree to it, but he wasn't asking for £20k and we gave him £35k out of over generosity, he'll have been demanding that to sign.

Which makes him a greedy pcunt and us thick. Not him innocent and us wholly at fault.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Apr 2022 14:58

Franchise FC
Hound
Nameless

Why shouldn’t he ?

Oh I don’t blame him for doing so. Last big payday of his career. Of course you don’t give that up

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Apr 2022 15:00

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Hound

Why shouldn’t he ?

This is as bollocks as it always is. The club don't just pluck figures out of the air, they didn't have to agree to it, but he wasn't asking for £20k and we gave him £35k out of over generosity, he'll have been demanding that to sign.

Which makes him a greedy pcunt and us thick. Not him innocent and us wholly at fault.

Well we were the one who gave him the contract, not himself. He can demand whatever he wants and Brighton were interested who would have offered him that deal, so I don't see why he wouldn't demand those wages when he could have been a PL player that season and was performing at that level at the time of his new deal and the season previous. It's not really greed, it's matching/exceeding what others have offered, basics of negotiation really.

If someone from USA comes in for him, they may agree to his wage demands and pay a fee. Other than that, got to hope a Burnley, Watford, Norwich or West Brom come in for him in the summer.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2022 19:44

Currently out injured (???) , has been out injured a few times for us too….will hardly enhance his chances (nor ours of offloading him) for the yoyo Premier/Championship teams of being interested in him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Apr 2022 07:49

Hound
Nameless

Not every discussion at the club becomes public. There were discussions last summer initiated by Moore that included offers by him to accept a lower wage either here or at another club. Subsequently these have been reported rather differently and probably mean he’ll be less willing to work with the club on ways to move on. Of course it’s easy to make sweeping statements that have no basis in reality but are just based on your own assumptions..... that doesn’t make them accurate.

As for your carefully selected 10k figure, you do realise that a 12k 3 year deal is theoretically more than a 35k 1 year deal ? Or a 10k 3 year deal with a small signing on fee would be worth more than staying put ? Or a 3 year incremental deal starting at 10k with a bonus for each game played ?
Last edited by Nameless on 16 Apr 2022 08:01, edited 1 time in total.