Rumour - Andy Rinomhota to Union Saint-Gilloise

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Andy Rinomhota to Union Saint-Gilloise

by morganb » 09 Apr 2022 11:46

Andy Rinomhota has gained interest from Union Saint-Gilloise in Belgium, according to @TEAMtalk. They currently lead the Belgian top flight, meaning they’re highly likely to be playing European football next season. It’ll be highly tempting for him to move on imo #readingfc

https://twitter.com/lewisradbourne1/sta ... nm-xA&s=19

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Andy Rinomhota to Union Saint-Gilloise

by 72 bus » 09 Apr 2022 11:51

morganb Andy Rinomhota has gained interest from Union Saint-Gilloise in Belgium, according to @TEAMtalk. They currently lead the Belgian top flight, meaning they’re highly likely to be playing European football next season. It’ll be highly tempting for him to move on imo #readingfc

https://capology.com/club/union-sg/salaries/

Average weekly wage €3,802, doubt he would get out of bed for that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Apr 2022 13:29

72 bus
morganb Andy Rinomhota has gained interest from Union Saint-Gilloise in Belgium, according to @TEAMtalk. They currently lead the Belgian top flight, meaning they’re highly likely to be playing European football next season. It’ll be highly tempting for him to move on imo #readingfc

https://capology.com/club/union-sg/salaries/

Average weekly wage €3,802, doubt he would get out of bed for that.

So a first team member probably about 6k, top earners around 10k - 12k maybe.

When was his last contract here? Is he really likely to be on much more than £8k - £12k? Probably more bottom end.

So small to moderate pay cut to have a chance winning a top flight and playing in Europe, or probably little to no payrise and a Championship relegation battle?

A please Bob.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Apr 2022 19:22

They apparently have 2 players on £20,000 a week. They're both on loan so that £20,000 is most likely what their parent clubs are paying them. The next highest is on £6,500.

https://salarysport.com/football/belgian-pro-league/union-sg/

Whilst the prospct of European football may be a draw, and they have an impressive pre war history, even by Belgian standards, they're not a big club. Also given their stature, the likelihood of them reaching the Group stages in Europe are limited so the prospect of being bounced out by some dour Eastern European club in the qualifiers in front of 4,000 fans some time in July is possibly not such a big draw.

They do have 2 other English players though, signed from Portsmouth and MK Dons.

I think he will get better offers.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 09 Apr 2022 23:07

Same owner as Brighton, small club, ground is a shit hole

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Apr 2022 17:32

From Despair To Where? They apparently have 2 players on £20,000 a week. They're both on loan so that £20,000 is most likely what their parent clubs are paying them. The next highest is on £6,500.

Whilst the prospct of European football may be a draw, and they have an impressive pre war history, even by Belgian standards, they're not a big club. Also given their stature, the likelihood of them reaching the Group stages in Europe are limited so the prospect of being bounced out by some dour Eastern European club in the qualifiers in front of 4,000 fans some time in July is possibly not such a big draw.

They do have 2 other English players though, signed from Portsmouth and MK Dons.

Has had a poor season interrupted by injuries and IMHO he has gone backwards, losing the drive and tough-tackling that epitomised his earlier years.
Not sure there will be many clubs calling.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Apr 2022 17:32

South Coast Royal
Has had a poor season interrupted by injuries and IMHO he has gone backwards, losing the drive and tough-tackling that epitomised his earlier years.

Absolutely cementing your position as one of the board's most clueless posters ever.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2022 08:26

John Smith
South Coast Royal

Absolutely cementing your position as one of the board's most clueless posters ever.

Before his first injury I would have tended to agree with SCR but in the spell he returned in, he was getting back to his best, hence why losing him was a blow. One that initially we could cater for as we had other midfield options. Now though, it's a big miss.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Apr 2022 10:57

Stranded
John Smith
South Coast Royal

Before his first injury I would have tended to agree with SCR but in the spell he returned in, he was getting back to his best, hence why losing him was a blow. One that initially we could cater for as we had other midfield options. Now though, it's a big miss.

Have always been a fan of his but , possibly because of previous injuries, when I saw him pull out of a couple of tackles I thought that he is no longer the player that he was.
His role has always been to break up play and move the ball on but not being a great passer nor goalscorer he is very limited if he has lost his main asset,ball-winning.

I hope he can get back to where he was but regrettably I have my doubts.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2022 16:40

Difficult to say, I feel I’ve barely watched him for 18 months for one reason or another

I thought he was superb early last season but certainly hasn’t stood out any time since then

Be disappointing to lose him certainly but tbh wouldn’t be that bothered now

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Apr 2022 15:23

I think it'd be a blow to lose such an experienced first team member who has had a season disrupted by injuries, particularly when his wages I believe are on the low side for Championship wages and even in our squad. If his wage demands are going to be something in excess of £15k, I'd probably walk away and let him move elsewhere.

I think ultimately it will also depend how far Tetek is along in his development as well. Not suggesting he is by means as good as Rino, but if he is ready for consistent game time at this level to replace Rino, then I don't think it's too big a loss, considering they are similar players. Alternatively, if the club is really invested in developing McIntyre into a DM and we are convinced that he can reach a good level of quality for where we are in that position, I'd be ok with that as well. I think it depends on the position of the club.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 21 Apr 2022 16:02

I'd hate to lose Rinomhota.

He might not be the most subtle or technical of attacking players but if we get the right balance in midfield he is a huge asset.

A midfield trio of TMac sat deep and Rinomhota and Laurent slightly higher, alternating attacking runs, could be interesting (although I expect to lose Laurent). That also gives us the basis to drop McIntyre between the centre halves when they split and allow the full-backs to push on.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2022 21:02

From Despair To Where? They apparently have 2 players on £20,000 a week. They're both on loan so that £20,000 is most likely what their parent clubs are paying them. The next highest is on £6,500.

The Champions of Belgium go directly to the group stage. Only the runners up enter the qualification rounds.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2022 21:32

They've not won the title yet. 3pts clear with 5 to play. The top 4 go into a mini league to decide the champions with half their regular season points haul carried forward.

They still have to play Anderlecht away and Club Brugge and Antwerp home and away.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Apr 2022 09:55

Absolutely - it is a 2 horse race between them and Brugge - the double header in a couple of weeks will be key to if they do - was more pointing out that if there is interest, he could end up going to a team with guaranteed CL football.

If they do finish 2nd, they enter the 3Q Round, so would need to win that and a play-off to reach the CL proper.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2022 10:04

I'd be concerned about a European campaign having a negative impact on their domestic form. Sign a 3 year contract and it could be 3 years of relegation struggle in front of 5,000 people on less money than he could earn in the Championship.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Apr 2022 10:15

Maybe - quite the story there though, first season in the top flight for nearly 40 years and could win the thing.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2022 10:22

Indeed. Its would be a phenomenal achievement given where they've come from, regardless of the strength of the league.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Apr 2022 10:27

The strength of the league is very much relative anyway. I'm not clued up on the history of Belgium football, but I can imagine this would be their Leicester City of 2016 story.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Apr 2022 10:58

YorkshireRoyal99 The strength of the league is very much relative anyway. I'm not clued up on the history of Belgium football, but I can imagine this would be their Leicester City of 2016 story.

Similar - read up on them a little while ago when this rumour came out.

They were "the club" in Belgium at the start of the 1900s but fell as low as the equivalent of the Belgian version of the National League.

First season back in the top flight for somewhere betwen 40 and 50 years (not completely clear - were relegated in 1963 but may have had 1 season back in the early 70s).

They were taken over by the guy who owns Brighton in 2018, won promotion last year and became the first team ever to win the league stage of the Belgian League in the first season after promotion - as mentioned they are 3 points clear of Brugge in the Championship round.