Omari Hutchinson

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Omari Hutchinson

by Zip » 01 Aug 2022 12:41

Now on Talk Reading as deal “essentially done” and awaiting the medical.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Aug 2022 12:47

Zip Now on Talk Reading as deal “essentially done” and awaiting the medical.

He’ll fall off the examination table and break his leg missing the rest of the season….

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2022 13:00

Give the EFL a couple of months to sign off and should be available for October

Still not convinced this is the right fit unless he is really proper good. We had a load of young players on the bench plus Camara etc and ince doesn’t seem keen to use

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 01 Aug 2022 14:00

Hound Still not convinced this is the right fit unless he is really proper good. We had a load of young players on the bench plus Camara etc and ince doesn’t seem keen to use

Yeah, unless he's Levi Colwill level good and can be a good to top level championship player pretty much instantly I'd prefer the minutes to be going to someone we can actually benefit from longer term.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Aug 2022 14:04

Hound Give the EFL a couple of months to sign off and should be available for October

Still not convinced this is the right fit unless he is really proper good. We had a load of young players on the bench plus Camara etc and ince doesn’t seem keen to use

He is the same age Olise was when he had that terrific season under Pauno. Whether he can make that level of impact remains to be seen but he is very highly rated. Might just give us that creativity we lack. Optimistic about this one.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Aug 2022 15:11

Zip
Hound Give the EFL a couple of months to sign off and should be available for October

He is the same age Olise was when he had that terrific season under Pauno. Whether he can make that level of impact remains to be seen but he is very highly rated. Might just give us that creativity we lack. Optimistic about this one.

A good mate of mine is an Arsenal STH and thinks he’ll do very well for us. He has lots of technical ability, a great centre of gravity and isn’t scared to run at the opposition.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Aug 2022 15:29

blythspartan
Zip

A good mate of mine is an Arsenal STH and thinks he’ll do very well for us. He has lots of technical ability, a great centre of gravity and isn’t scared to run at the opposition.

This guy left Arsenal and got snapped up by Chelsea.
Olise left us and went to Palace, even though he was available at a bargain price.
Does that tell us anything ? Probably not......

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2022 17:53

He's only been snapped up by Chelsea to sit on their loan conveyor belt.

Agree with Hound, he needs to be proper good to be blocking the likes of Scott, Camara et al.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Aug 2022 11:12

Good point where the hell is Camara? Would love to see him play, he's looked very promising.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Aug 2022 12:55

Snowflake Royal He's only been snapped up by Chelsea to sit on their loan conveyor belt.

Agree with Hound, he needs to be proper good to be blocking the likes of Scott, Camara et al.

Agree, but Ince doesn’t seem to want to play them. I was surprised that he didn’t bring Scott on against Blackpool. I am guessing because we were only a goal down he felt that sticking with the players on the pitch was our best chance of getting a result. Long only got 7 minutes but that was down to lack of fitness.

This is where I think Ince needs to be braver and use the youngsters on the bench. Apart from going out on loan this is the only way they’ll gain experience.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2022 13:22

If you got a player on the bench only fit enough for 7 minutes he probably shouldn't be on the bench to start with.
The lack of subs was probably down to how every player was growing into the game and we were getting more and more momentum.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Aug 2022 15:22

I’m not an Ince fan in the slightest but you can’t fault him if the kids aren’t ready (he did say ‘I only had a bench full of kids & Shane Long’ in the post match too).

It’s not all about fitness. This is a tough league and to get on the pitch at 18 you need to look years ahead of your age both mentally and in terms of ability. Ince sees Camara, Scott etc daily and if they aren’t ready he can’t just throw them on, that’s just negligence.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 02 Aug 2022 17:29

royalp-we I’m not an Ince fan in the slightest but you can’t fault him if the kids aren’t ready (he did say ‘I only had a bench full of kids & Shane Long’ in the post match too).

It’s not all about fitness. This is a tough league and to get on the pitch at 18 you need to look years ahead of your age both mentally and in terms of ability. Ince sees Camara, Scott etc daily and if they aren’t ready he can’t just throw them on, that’s just negligence.

I guess there's no point ever discussing team selection on here then is there? Ince sees them all training all week, we don't, so he must be right

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Aug 2022 19:27

Simon's Church
royalp-we I’m not an Ince fan in the slightest but you can’t fault him if the kids aren’t ready (he did say ‘I only had a bench full of kids & Shane Long’ in the post match too).

I guess there's no point ever discussing team selection on here then is there? Ince sees them all training all week, we don't, so he must be right

Chill out buttercup. Just giving some balance to the decision not to throw a load of kids in the mixer on opening day. Could ruin their season (and career) if they aren’t up to standard yet.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Aug 2022 10:08

Lol, well considering I'm pretty sure the whole bench had previously played for the first team, maybe their careers have already been ruined by nasty Paunovic :cry:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2022 18:33

royalp-we
Simon's Church

Chill out buttercup. Just giving some balance to the decision not to throw a load of kids in the mixer on opening day. Could ruin their season (and career) if they aren’t up to standard yet.

Bollox could it ruin their season or career getting a 10 to 20 minute cameo when losing. What drivel.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2022 08:53

royalp-we
Simon's Church

On Saturday, it will have just been a case of us being on the front foot for pretty much the entire 2nd half and as a result, the options on the bench likely not being seen as being able to improve the performance. The pros and cons of such a move can naturally be discussed until our fingers bleed.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Aug 2022 09:30

Stranded
royalp-we
Simon's Church

On Saturday, it will have just been a case of us being on the front foot for pretty much the entire 2nd half and as a result, the options on the bench likely not being seen as being able to improve the performance. The pros and cons of such a move can naturally be discussed until our fingers bleed.

My worry is that if over the next 2 or 3 games we have a similar looking bench and no changes are made we could end up losing more players to injury.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 06 Aug 2022 14:10

Snowflake Royal
royalp-we
Simon's Church

Bollox could it ruin their season or career getting a 10 to 20 minute cameo when losing. What drivel.

:|