Omari Hutchinson

119 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Omari Hutchinson

by From Despair To Where? » 02 May 2022 19:57

Apparently we've signed him on loan from Arsenal for next season.

Know absolutely nothing about him other than who his agent is :shock:

https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/1521196500868554752?t=qncOuLCLs1UUDbtFDI8wqA&s=19
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 02 May 2022 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Omari Hutchinson

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 May 2022 19:58

18 year old attacking midfielder and looks to be involved with Kia Joorabchian.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 May 2022 20:48

From a gooner I know

Very fast right winger- he's excellent.

Will push Saka. He'll be an England player for sure.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 May 2022 20:52

Sounds promising.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 May 2022 20:58

In fairness to Arsenal they have a good history of churning out good young players, some of whom can make a name for themselves in the football league, Emile Smith-Rowe being the most obvious name from recent times when he was at Huddersfield.

If we can have any sort of player like that, I will be happy and it's exactly where I'd want the club to start. My only concern is whether he's maybe just a year or two too young for this level, but only time will tell.

Fun fact, Pele has also been impressed with his skills before, but that was when he was 12 years old playing in a South London tournament.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 May 2022 21:06

On the face of it, it seems a promising signing but given who his agent is, it doesn't raise much hope that a lot will change behind the scenes.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 May 2022 21:15

If we have signed him for next season, it just goes to show the manager (whoever that might be) is told " he is on our books, if you don't rate him, hard luck, get on with playing him"

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 May 2022 21:27

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 May 2022 21:33

From Despair To Where? On the face of it, it seems a promising signing but given who his agent is, it doesn't raise much hope that a lot will change behind the scenes.

Yeah this. Also, right wing. Where you'd expect Meite, Ince, Azeez and Halilovic to play. Mqybe Camara. Understand most are ooc, and one quite expensive and recovering from injury... but it's not one of the most obvious positions to make a signing.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 May 2022 01:37

I'm all for signing him but its another signing without approval from a manager

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 May 2022 07:38

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? On the face of it, it seems a promising signing but given who his agent is, it doesn't raise much hope that a lot will change behind the scenes.

Yeah this. Also, right wing. Where you'd expect Meite, Ince, Azeez and Halilovic to play. Mqybe Camara. Understand most are ooc, and one quite expensive and recovering from injury... but it's not one of the most obvious positions to make a signing.

Hutchinson can play on either wing, attacking midfield, or left back. He’s probably better than Camara already and could pass Azeez pretty quickly. That leaves Meite, who is one of two senior strikers.

Speaking of Azeez, his younger brother was on loan at Portsmouth earlier in the season. Double raid of Arsenal?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2022 07:39

Yeah that pretty much. Exciting player but seems Kia still pulling the strings

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 May 2022 08:15

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal

Hutchinson can play on either wing, attacking midfield, or left back. He’s probably better than Camara already and could pass Azeez pretty quickly. That leaves Meite, who is one of two senior strikers.

Speaking of Azeez, his younger brother was on loan at Portsmouth earlier in the season. Double raid of Arsenal?

Obvious conclusion is we won’t be keeping some of the OOC players (Halilovic hasn’t really made it an obvious case to extend his deal, Ince has done really well but WCBAP. and if Hutchinson is as good as he looks he’s probably one we need to grab while we have the chance. The thing about ‘not being a priority position’is always a red herring, you can’t make signings in a nice convenient order based on what we might think the priorities are.
Main concern is we’ve borrowed supposed wonder kids before (Sims) and they have looked totally out of their depth in adult football....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 May 2022 08:22

Guess any transfer of this kind is especially no guarantee of success

But when they come off - see the likes of Mount and Abraham, they can make a huge difference

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 May 2022 08:31

The issue isn't the player, it's the sort of signing we should ge making, its the implications for who's actually dictating recruitment behind the scenes.

I wonder how Ince's proposed meeting with Dai is going to go this week given his comments on scouting in the last week. For me it's a sign that Ince definitely won't be here next season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 May 2022 09:01

It's not completely uncommon for a club to just appoint a Head Coach to manage the squad of players that the "recruitment team" (Kia) brings in to the club, obviously the problem is the person who this is coming from.

I think Ince probably knew what he would be signing up for when he first joined.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 May 2022 09:07

From Despair To Where? The issue isn't the player, it's the sort of signing we should ge making, its the implications for who's actually dictating recruitment behind the scenes.

I wonder how Ince's proposed meeting with Dai is going to go this week given his comments on scouting in the last week. For me it's a sign that Ince definitely won't be here next season.

Or possibly Ince knows about the signing, is happy to have a talented, versatile youngster to work with and doesn’t have a problem with it...
I asked the question regarding exactly the extent of Joorabchian’s influence of transfers over recent years we seem to sign far more players who aren’t linked to him. I think the issue is less how much influence he does/doesn’t have and more the lack of transparency (which makes us assume the worst) and the very patchy success of who we do sign (although it’s better of late than it was 3-4 years ago).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 May 2022 09:13

Ince may be happy to work with a talented youngster but will he have concerns that it's the thin end of a wedge? He's already stated that we have no scouting team. That in itself is an issue, that we are relying on outside organisations, particularly when those organisations are agents.

Even if only some of those signings are from the agencies in question, you have to ask whether there is a conflict of interest and whether they are working entirely in the club's interest.

I'm not a poster who naturally looks for conspiracies but this seems suspicious.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 May 2022 09:18

Baring in mind at least one, if not both, of the employees on the scouting team are from Kia's agency tells me that he probably has an indirect influence through using his contacts at our club, that's if he doesn't get involved directly himself.

Ultimately, in regards to recruitment, what we are saying is we either:

a) Use Kia directly who, as stated, might not have the best interests of the club in mind
or
b) We either recruit players without any scouts and with the 2 employees we have in that department, at least one of them has come through Kia's agency

So whatever way you look at it, it doesn't sound like a good recruitment department for the club.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 May 2022 09:29

The source of the rumour has been known to make stuff up for likes. I will believe it when I see it.

119 posts