Freebies

706 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Freebies

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2022 08:55

I'd imagine one of the two will stay at least, if not, not a massive deal. Laurent improved under Ince and would be a bigger loss than Rino, who is still important, but a base midfield of Tetek and McIntyre, before we bring a couple of players in, is ok enough even without the experience. I think both could hold their own at this level now.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 May 2022 09:05

YorkshireRoyal99 I'd imagine one of the two will stay at least, if not, not a massive deal. Laurent improved under Ince and would be a bigger loss than Rino, who is still important, but a base midfield of Tetek and McIntyre, before we bring a couple of players in, is ok enough even without the experience. I think both could hold their own at this level now.

If Tetek and Mcintyre is the answer i dread to think what the question was? I good hasten a guess that a word in that sentence is relegation.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 May 2022 09:16

paultheroyal
YorkshireRoyal99 I'd imagine one of the two will stay at least, if not, not a massive deal. Laurent improved under Ince and would be a bigger loss than Rino, who is still important, but a base midfield of Tetek and McIntyre, before we bring a couple of players in, is ok enough even without the experience. I think both could hold their own at this level now.

If Tetek and Mcintyre is the answer i dread to think what the question was? I good hasten a guess that a word in that sentence is relegation.

I think the question was: Who was at fault for the latest goal conceded?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2022 10:12

paultheroyal

It (probably) isn't. Hence the, "before we being a couple of players in", part.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 May 2022 18:10

It's not an awful back up option.

Though I'm not in the McIntyre would make a good DM camp.

Tetek, I'm fine with as 2nd / 3rd choice in CM. One of the players I want to see more of next season, and not out of position at fullback.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 May 2022 19:39

YorkshireRoyal99 Ben Foster is also leaving Watford this summer as well, would definitely be worth considering for a season to have an experienced goalkeeper between the sticks and will no doubt be a great role model for both Southwood and Boyce-Clarke.

There's a reason Watford are releasing him and, even for a keeper, he is now very advanced in years (39).

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2022 20:50

RoyalBlue
YorkshireRoyal99 Ben Foster is also leaving Watford this summer as well, would definitely be worth considering for a season to have an experienced goalkeeper between the sticks and will no doubt be a great role model for both Southwood and Boyce-Clarke.

There's a reason Watford are releasing him and, even for a keeper, he is now very advanced in years (39).

Would only be needed for 12 months and we've seen keepers last at that age as well, granted not many, but he's in decent enough shape you'd feel and doesn't seem as if he wants to retire from what we know.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Jun 2022 09:00

Andre Gray Has been released by Watford I see someone mentioned him on the previous page too. Would imagine he could be in our price range and would be imo a great acquisition for us all things considered.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Jun 2022 09:02

Would have been on about 30k a week though, hard sell to get him here.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Jun 2022 09:10

Mentioned it elsewhere but, players are likely to take a wage drop, even in demands, especially dropping down a division as an unattached player as well. There was no way that QPR were paying all of his wages on loan last season, probably half. I know he will have still be earning £30k a week, with Watford paying the rest, but players will know what Championship clubs can/can't afford these days and agents know what deals they could get.

I could guess Gray would demand something between £10-15k p/w. Maybe a bit pricey for what we can offer, but maybe not if it's on the low end.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Jun 2022 09:16

Andre Gray will find a club who will pay him a decent wage. Lets stop living in fantasyland by thinking we are an attractive club to players like him.

Why spend 10k a week on one player when it could get you two players that are much younger? There are a load of released Premier League academy talent out there with something to prove and who are a lot more affordable. We should be taking punts on them and not throwing what little money we can spend at the likes of Andre Gray. Invest in youth.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Jun 2022 09:24

NathStPaul Andre Gray will find a club who will pay him a decent wage. Lets stop living in fantasyland by thinking we are an attractive club to players like him.

Why spend 10k a week on one player when it could get you two players that are much younger? There are a load of released Premier League academy talent out there with something to prove and who are a lot more affordable. We should be taking punts on them and not throwing what little money we can spend at the likes of Andre Gray. Invest in youth.

I'm not saying I disagree entirely, I think he could/would find someone who can pay him a better wage than ourselves and probably higher up the table as well, but it was more about his demands.

I think Gray would have been a decent signing due to his experience and I would have rather that than gamble on a couple of unproven PL academy talents that might not even be ready for this level of football yet. I don't doubt there are some diamonds in the rough, but it would be a significant gamble. I'd rather we take a few loans from the PL who have got some FL experience under their belts already and are wanting to work their way up through the ladder, maybe someone like Elliot Anderson from Newcastle (if deemed capable at this level of course).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Jun 2022 10:03

Brogue Andre Gray Has been released by Watford I see someone mentioned him on the previous page too. Would imagine he could be in our price range and would be imo a great acquisition for us all things considered.

Cant stand the bloke, particularly after his antics on social media against us... but would i love him here, absolutely, we can convert him lol

Also, love to see Ben Foster or Begovic here......

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 01 Jun 2022 11:20

I'd certainly take Begovic if we can make his wages work.

Preferable to Foster as he's younger but I think he might be out of our range. Then again, he could be a player who'd take lower wages to not have to uproot his family and all that. Being a mentor to someone like CBC might also appeal to him if he wants that kind of extra responsibility. I read a long interview with him a while back and I don't remember huge amounts of detail but he seemed like a stand up kind of guy. Certainly the type of person we'd want at the club.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jun 2022 11:51

Maybe we could beg(ovic) him to join! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 01 Jun 2022 12:04

Pepe the Horseman Maybe we could beg(ovic) him to join! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop horsing around.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jun 2022 13:24

JedMaxwell
Pepe the Horseman Maybe we could beg(ovic) him to join! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop horsing around.

I wonder what would the max wage we could offer him? Would probably be well below what he is looking for. Maybe we could JedI mind trick him into taking it...

:?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2022 13:26

Brogue Andre Gray Has been released by Watford I see someone mentioned him on the previous page too. Would imagine he could be in our price range and would be imo a great acquisition for us all things considered.

Footy Insider 24 claiming we are interested along with Brum and Cardiff.

Apart from 2 years at Burnley has spent his career in the South East with Luton, Brentford, Watford & QPR.

Always thought he was an arse but if ends up being our arse and scores regularly then fine with me.
Last edited by Stranded on 01 Jun 2022 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jun 2022 13:27

Stranded

He feels like a Birmingham player to me. Can't explain why.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Jun 2022 13:32

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

He feels like a Birmingham player to me. Can't explain why.

Yeah I kind of know what you mean. Someone with a good reputation that will probably end up earning a good wage, but will be poor.

706 posts