Freebies

706 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Freebies

by blythspartan » 01 Jul 2022 09:00

Stranded Bowen has said we are keeping tabs on Long and Andre Gray - though I never quite get what keeping tabs means in this context. Occasional chats with agents?

Gray looks to be off to Greece anyway.

Yeah, not too sure what that means either. Possibly, we may have entered dialogue with their agents and said we can offer £xxxxx go away and think about it.

I wonder if we’ll see any incomings or contract renewals today?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jul 2022 09:00

Guess Gray won't be burning up the quarter mile for us then.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jul 2022 09:27

Wonder if Azeez will stay train with us now he is ooc. Assume so

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jul 2022 10:29

Hound Wonder if Azeez will stay train with us now he is ooc. Assume so

Azeez will still be training with Reading currently, would expect to hear some news imminently one way or another on both him and Hoilett.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2022 13:35

Just popped on Twitter and a Sheff Weds podcast is claiming that we will be taking both Sam Hutchinson and Massimo Luongo on.

The latter rejected a contract extension with Weds.

A supposed Southampton ITK is also claiming that Long to us is done on a 1 year deal with option of a second.

All to be taken with large amounts of salt but wouldn't be upset with any of those moves. Always quite rated Luongo - and at least he is just under 30 (until September).

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Jul 2022 14:01

Stranded Just popped on Twitter and a Sheff Weds podcast is claiming that we will be taking both Sam Hutchinson and Massimo Luongo on.

A supposed Southampton ITK is also claiming that Long to us is done on a 1 year deal with option of a second.

All to be taken with large amounts of salt but wouldn't be upset with any of those moves. Always quite rated Luongo - and at least he is just under 30 (until September).

Yep, I have always thought Luongo was quite a tidy player. 3 separate people have told me that we are signing Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill but I have searched Twitter and I can’t find anything linking him to us. I think someone on here said JLow has mentioned him in the past.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2022 14:07

blythspartan
Stranded Just popped on Twitter and a Sheff Weds podcast is claiming that we will be taking both Sam Hutchinson and Massimo Luongo on.

Yep, I have always thought Luongo was quite a tidy player. 3 separate people have told me that we are signing Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill but I have searched Twitter and I can’t find anything linking him to us. I think someone on here said JLow has mentioned him in the past.

We were linked to Ormonde-Ottewill via JLow about 3 weeks back. Don't know too much about him but came through at Arsenal and been playing in The Netherlands for the past couple of years.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2022 14:24

Southampton officially confirm that Shane Long has left the club.

Chronicle confirms that Massimo Luongo is currently training with the club with an eye to a deal - imagine he may well play tomorrow.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jul 2022 14:25

Sounds a fair chance Long may join then

Luongo I liked - not sure on his recent injury record though. Sounds like he was very good for SW last season when fit though

Central mid I think

Chron suggests we have a number of trialists currently, Hutchinson prob one of those

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Jul 2022 14:45

Stranded
blythspartan

We were linked to Ormonde-Ottewill via JLow about 3 weeks back. Don't know too much about him but came through at Arsenal and been playing in The Netherlands for the past couple of years.

A couple of Swindon fans who go to my local in Wootton Bassett rate him quite highly. Not sure if that’s a great endorsement but apparently he is a very offensive left wing back. He was there as a youngster but supposedly had some issues with drugs. They know I support Reading and said we were signing him according to reports in the Dutch Media but I can’t find anything. And today my mate sent me a text quoting his name, along with Shane Long’s.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2022 15:18

Couple more links this afternoon - seems to be heating up now contracts are officially up.

LB we are after looks like it could be Nicky Cadden who has left FGR - had hoped it would be as think he would be an excellent addition and is more of a LWB.

According to the Portuguese press, we are looking to get Rafael Camacho from Sporting. Was/is due to sign for a club in Greece but we are looking to move in for him. Must be a loan as he has 2 years left on his deal. Came through at City and Liverpool, where he played in one FA Cup match. Plays as a left winger mainly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2022 15:19

So based on the rumours just yesterday/today we are close to (or at least looking at)

CM Luongo
CM Shackleton
CM/CD Hutchinson

LB Cadden
LW Camacho

ST Long

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jul 2022 15:26

Stranded So based on the rumours just yesterday/today we are close to (or at least looking at)

CM Luongo
CM Shackleton
CM/CD Hutchinson

LB Cadden
LW Camacho

ST Long

Would be more than happy with that lot. Possibly add a few like O Hutchinson to the mix as well

Cadden would be just the profile we should be after

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jul 2022 16:26

Long rumours gathering momentum…

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Jul 2022 16:49

Stranded So based on the rumours just yesterday/today we are close to (or at least looking at)

CM Luongo
CM Shackleton
CM/CD Hutchinson

LB Cadden
LW Camacho

ST Long

Yep there is no doubt a lot is going on and reckon we will, get 3 or 4 before the season starts. Would be happy with most but not all of the above.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 Jul 2022 18:24

Different source to normal so not as clear cut but the Long deal is agreed, waiting for EFL ratification and contracts to be signed.

Don’t shoot the messenger if wrong

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jul 2022 19:00

CM Luongo
CM Shackleton
CM/CD Hutchinson

LB Cadden
LW Camacho

ST Long

Luongo sounds decent all round midfielder.

Shackleton sounds good too.

Hutchinson - maybe as a DM

Cadden sounds like he could provide goals and assists well, so good.

No idea on Camacho.

And think Long is a bad move. His game was about pace and he hasn't played or scored much for ages. But I was wrong about Carroll, although he didn’t score a lot...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jul 2022 19:02

Snowflake Royal

CM Luongo
CM Shackleton
CM/CD Hutchinson

LB Cadden
LW Camacho

ST Long

Luongo sounds decent all round midfielder.

Shackleton sounds good too.

Hutchinson - maybe as a DM

Cadden sounds like he could provide goals and assists well, so good.

No idea on Camacho.

And think Long is a bad move. His game was about pace and he hasn't played or scored much for ages. But I was wrong about Carroll, although he didn’t score a lot...

I share reservations about Long but if he is a cheap, effective option off the bench who brings a feelgood factor with him, then it's worth it.

Even if his only goal ends up being a penalty against Stevenage.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Jul 2022 19:04

Hound Long rumours gathering momentum…

Sorry - I can kill that now. Saw him in Wilko in Donny yesterday buying paint, thought it unlikely it was him but said hi at the checkout and he said hi back and had an Irish accent.

Can't imagine its them, more likely Hull

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 01 Jul 2022 19:48

Seems we are busy. Should have some space for a few more loans to plug gaps as the season draws closer as well.

706 posts