Panutche Camará

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Panutche Camará

by Winston Biscuit » 17 May 2022 10:19

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/camara-available-transfer

Plymouth midfielder up for sale as he has 1 year left on his contract and doesn't want to sign a new one.

One of the best midfielders in League 1. Will be a number of teams in for him I would think. If we can somehow get our finances sorted so we can compete with others on signings, then we could do a lot worse than this lad

ftr - this isn't a rumour. Just me pointing at a good footballer and saying i would like him at my football club

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Panutche Camará

by tidus_mi2 » 17 May 2022 10:37

I do agree it should be the sort of deal I'd love to see the club make but I think given our current situation, he will be out of our price range, not even sure we're allowed to pay a fee for a player.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 May 2022 10:44

tidus_mi2 I do agree it should be the sort of deal I'd love to see the club make but I think given our current situation, he will be out of our price range, not even sure we're allowed to pay a fee for a player.

you're not allowed to say that, I intimated that on another thread, and was shot down in flames by Nameless. He, and only he that I have seen so far, says we can pay fees. When I asked for a citation he quoted something from the EFL website about breaching FFP. However, he failed to take on board that we may have a different arrangement with the EFL.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 May 2022 12:04

Brogue
tidus_mi2 I do agree it should be the sort of deal I'd love to see the club make but I think given our current situation, he will be out of our price range, not even sure we're allowed to pay a fee for a player.

you're not allowed to say that, I intimated that on another thread, and was shot down in flames by Nameless. He, and only he that I have seen so far, says we can pay fees. When I asked for a citation he quoted something from the EFL website about breaching FFP. However, he failed to take on board that we may have a different arrangement with the EFL.

The agreement with the EFL is that we can pay fees up to an agreed limit but it does not stipulate that limit or how that limit may be affected by selling players.

It is very likely that that limit is currently zero but may change over the course of the summer if we were to say sell Puscas and Joao.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2022 13:34

Brogue

Not sure how me quoting the exact agreement represents ‘shooting down in flames’ !
As Stranded points out, the agreement isn’t exactly helpful but it’s the best we have and it certainly does not bar us paying a fee, it just makes it more difficult than usual.
Have you gone and read the agreement ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2022 13:36

Stranded
Brogue

The agreement with the EFL is that we can pay fees up to an agreed limit but it does not stipulate that limit or how that limit may be affected by selling players.

It is very likely that that limit is currently zero but may change over the course of the summer if we were to say sell Puscas and Joao.

We know it’s changed in some areas because the amount we were allowed to pay new players changed. It has to be a working document. If we are doing well on sorting the budget we’ll be allowed more rope, if we slip behind they will tighten things up again...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 May 2022 14:13

Nameless
Brogue

Not sure how me quoting the exact agreement represents ‘shooting down in flames’ !
As Stranded points out, the agreement isn’t exactly helpful but it’s the best we have and it certainly does not bar us paying a fee, it just makes it more difficult than usual.

you said on the other thread that we can pay transfer fees. you don't know that, no one knows whether we can or not. :|

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2022 14:18

Brogue
Nameless
Brogue

you said on the other thread that we can pay transfer fees. you don't know that, no one knows whether we can or not. :|

The agreement doesn’t prohibit us paying transfer fees. It limits the amount we can pay.
We know that, and it’s all we know.
Pointing out what the agreement says has to be more accurate than simply saying ‘we can’t pay fees’. You don’t know that, although of course people DO know what the detail of the agreement is.
If you read the agreement you’d know what it says !

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 May 2022 14:19

apology accepted

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 May 2022 23:01

Brogue

It's in our business agreement mate.

From what I recall we can pay fees subject to FL approval providing we stay in budget.

In practice, that almost certainly means we'd only be able to spend if we sell,and then probably only a portion of what we received.

Believe stranded has also said it.

Edit: exactly what Nameless and stranded said around your toy throwing.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 18 May 2022 09:02

We want scott Twine.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 May 2022 09:14

skipper We want scott Twine.

There seems to be a host of clubs looking at Twine at the moment that are in better positions than ourselves, can imagine he's out of our price range as well.

We missed our chance to pick him up last summer on a free.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2022 10:50

But you're missing one crucial factor. We're selling Puscas to top up Swift's wages. :wink:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 May 2022 16:00

YorkshireRoyal99
skipper We want scott Twine.

There seems to be a host of clubs looking at Twine at the moment that are in better positions than ourselves, can imagine he's out of our price range as well.

We missed our chance to pick him up last summer on a free.

He was just stringing us along

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 23 May 2022 15:43

Brogue
Nameless
Brogue

we can. up to an agreed and moveable limit limit, that no one outside the club/EFA knows

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 23 May 2022 15:50

I can picture him doing well in the championship, if his wages are affordable there are no negatives I can see. Snap him up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 May 2022 15:59

Chairman Mao
Brogue
Nameless

we can. up to an agreed and moveable limit limit, that no one outside the club/EFA knows

Exactly, it's not hard. It's a form of soft embargo again. We can sign players within the limits set - one limit will be transfer fee, that will likely move depending on how we are tracking to the business plan. It is not stated what the limit is, it is likely 0 or close to it but if we suddenly raise 5 to 10 million in fees, then it will likely increase.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 May 2022 16:24

to quote Paul Ince on the 29th April

'The budget is in place hence why it'll be tough next year. The embargo won't be lifted until the season after so it's important we stay in the Championship next year'

'We're talking about free agents, loan players - not players for fees'.

I'd rather believe the manager of our football club rather than a couple of fans on a football forum interpretation of a generic one size fits all FA document on how transfer embargoes work. :roll:
Last edited by Brogue on 23 May 2022 17:00, edited 3 times in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 May 2022 16:52

I'm not so sure myself in fairness it will be as simple as, we sell so and so for £5m, we get to spend a % of that, be it £1m or £10k. I think the absolute priority from the EFL will be to make sure our profits/losses are at an acceptable level, so the £8m sale of Olise and potentially the £3.5m (rough estimate) sale of Puscas should go some way to pushing that down along with reducing our wage bill over the course of January and the summer when contracts expire.

It could be true that there is room to manoeuvre this summer but I'm working on the principle that we are restricted to free agents and loans, with an increased availability on wages and no set player limit on how many we can sign. If it turns out we can pay fees for players, I've got no issues with that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2022 17:44

Brogue to quote Paul Ince on the 29th April

'The budget is in place hence why it'll be tough next year. The embargo won't be lifted until the season after so it's important we stay in the Championship next year'

'We're talking about free agents, loan players - not players for fees'.

I'd rather believe the manager of our football club rather than a couple of fans on a football forum interpretation of a generic one size fits all FA document on how transfer embargoes work. :roll:

What we're planning on doing, and what we are permitted to do aren't necessarily the same thing.