PATRIQT

Re: Baba Rahman

by PATRIQT » 01 Sep 2022 16:33

WTF is wrong with Chelsea? It looks like Baba is on £4.4m a year :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2022 17:29

John Smith Why are people so excited about this signing? Absolutely bang average player who was part of below par squad last season. We should be looking to improve.

I agree. :shock:

I must re-evaluate my opinion

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 Sep 2022 18:13

Brogue
John Smith Why are people so excited about this signing? Absolutely bang average player who was part of below par squad last season. We should be looking to improve.

Hi John smith, I don’t think people are ‘excited’ so to speak. I think people are just pleased we have filled the troublesome left back position. Id be interested to know which left back you would have preferred we signed, considering our situation?

Smithy would probably suggest signing Harry Arter and sticking him at LB.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Sep 2022 09:23

Orion1871
Brogue

Hi John smith, I don’t think people are ‘excited’ so to speak. I think people are just pleased we have filled the troublesome left back position. Id be interested to know which left back you would have preferred we signed, considering our situation?

Danny Rose.

Does anyone else have any other questions they want to ask?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Sep 2022 09:35

John Smith
Orion1871
Brogue

Danny Rose.

Does anyone else have any other questions they want to ask?

Danny rose that was contracted to Watford up untill about 5pm yesterday. So we shouldn’t have signed Rahman on the off chance that Watford decided to release him at the 11th hour. All I can say is I’m glad your not our manager JS

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Jul 2023 12:07

Some good news:

It’s now over for Abdul Rahman Baba at Chelsea. Contract set to be terminated on mutual agreement and he’s joining Greek side PAOK.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 9359751168

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2023 12:13

morganb Some good news:

It’s now over for Abdul Rahman Baba at Chelsea. Contract set to be terminated on mutual agreement and he’s joining Greek side PAOK.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... 9359751168

Thank god for that. He was okay in his first loan spell but last season he was totally inept.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Jul 2023 12:24

Gutted. I thought he might have been able to do a job in League 1.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jul 2023 17:14

From Despair To Where? Gutted. I thought he might have been able to do a job in League 1.

God no. NGW >>>> Rahman

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Jul 2023 18:13

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jul 2023 17:42

From Despair To Where?

Doesn’t take much.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Jul 2023 16:49

PATRIQT WTF is wrong with Chelsea? It looks like Baba is on £4.4m a year :shock:

They aren't getting rid of many players, or noone wants them. All the figures quoting what they thought they would get for the likes of Mount or Gallagher won't or haven't been materialising. They must be in deep shit or and sailing close to FFP, They paid nearly 25 mill for Rahman....says it all about that club.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 08 Jul 2023 04:47

Ascotexgunner
PATRIQT WTF is wrong with Chelsea? It looks like Baba is on £4.4m a year :shock:

They aren't getting rid of many players, or noone wants them. All the figures quoting what they thought they would get for the likes of Mount or Gallagher won't or haven't been materialising. They must be in deep shit or and sailing close to FFP, They paid nearly 25 mill for Rahman....says it all about that club.

I imagine they're close to FFP, especially as they didn't qualify for any European competition for this season (not having that will probably cost them at least £80m this season). They spent a gigantic amount last season which will have a huge impact on their finances - that will be largely amortised, so locks them in for a prolonged period unless they sell the player.

When you pay stupidly high wages and sign players for stupidly high fees, you'll have huge difficulty in moving those players on if they don't perform - as we've found out ourselves.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Jul 2023 13:22

Clyde1998
Ascotexgunner

I imagine they're close to FFP, especially as they didn't qualify for any European competition for this season (not having that will probably cost them at least £80m this season). They spent a gigantic amount last season which will have a huge impact on their finances - that will be largely amortised, so locks them in for a prolonged period unless they sell the player.

When you pay stupidly high wages and sign players for stupidly high fees, you'll have huge difficulty in moving those players on if they don't perform - as we've found out ourselves.

Don't forget the long-term contracts and the fact they decided to pay installments to keep under the FFP limit, they are heading for a big fall.