Baba Rahman

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Baba Rahman

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Aug 2022 12:10

Think Baba should end up being a great signing for our current position, I think the likes of NGW, TMac and Hoilett have done well to cover the absence in that position but teams have pinpointed it as a weakness and we've found ourselves vulnerable defending attacks down that side.

Hopefully having a senior LB will leave the team more balanced.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Aug 2022 12:11

Got to see what happens come January, shipping out on loan with someone paying half of his wages for the remainder of the season would help us financially and maybe allow us to bring in a couple of new faces, but obviously they'd have to be free agents, which would be tough for us to bring in as most will have been snapped up by that time, but there may be someone who can get their contract terminated at their current club or just weren't signed up before.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Aug 2022 12:32

Confimred

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2022 12:34

Hound Obvs I’d much rather get rid but strongly suspect that’ll be very difficult

We’ll have injuries no doubts. TMc, Dann, Hutch - all injury prone

Better just to get Moore motivated and at least may provide some use rather than just rotting away in the background

Tbh we could probably put a hit out on him and still make a saving and come out ahead.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2022 13:08

Actually baba is a great signing considering the circumstances thinking about it

Worth the wait, delighted he is back. Should suit the new set up as well

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2022 13:11

Hound Actually baba is a great signing considering the circumstances thinking about it

Worth the wait, delighted he is back. Should suit the new set up as well

Agreed. Baba with NGW as back up is a pretty decent LB option now, both suited to the LWB role.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 31 Aug 2022 13:58

We are shipping nearly two goals per match this season. So, we go and loan in a defender who played a part in us shipping nearly two goals per match last season. We need someone who will shore up the defences, whilst Baba is a good player, will he stop the rot in defence? I really do hope so.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2022 14:02

The Royal Forester We are shipping nearly two goals per match this season. So, we go and loan in a defender who played a part in us shipping nearly two goals per match last season. We need someone who will shore up the defences, whilst Baba is a good player, will he stop the rot in defence? I really do hope so.

We’ve just kept 3 clean sheets in a row for goodness sake and got about 10 more points than anyone expected…

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Aug 2022 14:04

The Royal Forester We are shipping nearly two goals per match this season. So, we go and loan in a defender who played a part in us shipping nearly two goals per match last season. We need someone who will shore up the defences, whilst Baba is a good player, will he stop the rot in defence? I really do hope so.

Way to skew the stats there. We've let in 8 goals in 2 games, 1 of which was down mainly to a GK forgetting how to play for 45 mins. Across the other 5 games we've let in 2 goals and kept 3 clean sheets. Defense is much stronger this year. Generally we have looked pretty solid and in most game look unlikely to concede despite ceding possession a lot. Baba should help that hopefully give us more quality on the ball to relieve pressure.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 31 Aug 2022 14:13

(Ha,Ha) That got you choking on your lunches, didn't it? Got you there didn't I? Joking apart, Baba is a really good player and I am pleased to see him back. Will we be able to afford to sign him on a deal next year, as I believe his contract is up at the end of this season,isn't it?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Aug 2022 14:38

The Royal Forester (Ha,Ha) That got you choking on your lunches, didn't it? Got you there didn't I? Joking apart, Baba is a really good player and I am pleased to see him back. Will we be able to afford to sign him on a deal next year, as I believe his contract is up at the end of this season,isn't it?

It would be a hell of a drop in wages to go from Chelsea to us, that's even if we end up going silly with our wages again after this year and of course it depends what division we are playing in. If his contract is up at the end of the season, I imagine he may end up playing abroad, potentially for a lower side in the country's top division.

Happy to have a generally good player for another season and agree that our LB area is looking strong now with Rahman, NGW and McIntyre capable there. Hopefully Luongo we can get signed on before the weekend and then we see what other options are available, if any.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Sep 2022 11:18

He's on £89k a week currently. How much of that are we paying?

How do I know he's on that much? A faint memory of someone possibly posting it somewhere here or someone random discussing it elsewhere so while there is no actual evidence for it, it is nevertheless fact.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Sep 2022 11:43

Millsy He's on £89k a week currently. How much of that are we paying?

How do I know he's on that much? A faint memory of someone possibly posting it somewhere here or someone random discussing it elsewhere so while there is no actual evidence for it, it is nevertheless fact.

Well based on what we know we won't be paying him more than 10k and probably a fair bit less.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Sep 2022 11:50

The problem is though that a player like NGW is only going to 'get gud' if he is playing week in and week out. The more experience he gets playing at Championship level, the more chance he has to catch up. Having him as a back up seems like the worst of all options - bringing in an inexperienced defender to occasionally cover for the first choice - it's not exactly going to do his confidence any good.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Sep 2022 12:03

Elm Park Kid The problem is though that a player like NGW is only going to 'get gud' if he is playing week in and week out. The more experience he gets playing at Championship level, the more chance he has to catch up. Having him as a back up seems like the worst of all options - bringing in an inexperienced defender to occasionally cover for the first choice - it's not exactly going to do his confidence any good.

I don't believe NGW is really seen as a long term solution esp. given as he only has a 1 year deal.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Sep 2022 16:02

I actually think competition for places tends to do players more good than being “Zak Crawley”ed and being picked no matter what. NGW will have to work on his game to try and displace Baba or keep his place.

Do feel a little sorry for him, my expectations were low but he’s done better than I expected. Complete opposite with Baba last season, who was fine without being inspiring or rock solid.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 01 Sep 2022 16:07

SCIAG I actually think competition for places tends to do players more good than being “Zak Crawley”ed and being picked no matter what. NGW will have to work on his game to try and displace Baba or keep his place.

Do feel a little sorry for him, my expectations were low but he’s done better than I expected. Complete opposite with Baba last season, who was fine without being inspiring or rock solid.

Perhaps having NGW will push Baba as well so that he's > fine

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Sep 2022 16:10

Why are people so excited about this signing? Absolutely bang average player who was part of below par squad last season. We should be looking to improve.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 01 Sep 2022 16:25

Millsy He's on £89k a week currently

Source? :lol:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Sep 2022 16:26

John Smith Why are people so excited about this signing? Absolutely bang average player who was part of below par squad last season. We should be looking to improve.

Hi John smith, I don’t think people are ‘excited’ so to speak. I think people are just pleased we have filled the troublesome left back position. Id be interested to know which left back you would have preferred we signed, considering our situation?